PDA

View Full Version : Not my day!

Moded86R
06-20-2003, 02:26 PM
Today I woke up and felt like crap.So I drag myself to work.And get my crummy paycheck.I get off work and traffic is horrible.So I get home and get take my new razr mx's to be mounted on wheels.So I get back and my mom comes home.She says she wants me to look at this car.

So we drive and give it a look.It is a 93 grand am gt.Has a 3300 v6 with an auto tranny.The guy wants 1100 for it.The body is mint except the hood.(which I have a mint hood.)The thing is the trans is slipping really bad.So I called a transmission place and they tell me 800 bucks for a new trans.Well that means for 1900 I can have a mint car.Then I get to looking and see the ground effects have a small crack.I also checked the oil and anitifreeze both appeared to be fine.So I got him down to 900.he says alright he will take it.So we drive to the bank to get the money.

The whole time I had something say don't buy it.

So we go back and get the car.I get about 5 minutes from my house and I watch the temp gauge skyrocket and the oil pressure drop!I shut the car off.The oil pressure never went to 0 but it dropped from what it had been at.

So I go home and get my car trailer and trailer it home.I popped and cap off where the anitfreeze goes and it is bone dry.l check the oil.It was in the exact same spot.So I let the car cool and off and fill it with water.I start it again.Only to hear a rod knock and water coming out the exhaust.

I could have rebuilt my R bottom end with the money.Instead I bought another POS!I swear I am cursed!

kaneman23
06-20-2003, 04:36 PM
Did he disclose the problem when you bought it? Take the POS back to him and demand your money back. Get the law involoved if you have too...

Moded86R
06-20-2003, 04:56 PM
That problem wasn't disclosed.

However,My mom signed a bill of sale.That stated as is.We assumed it was just for the trans not the motor also.

We got screwed.That is all there is to it.I was so mad when it happened I was getting ready to go beat the guy up.I honestly was.My mom wouldn't let me leave the house though.If she would have I would probably be in jail right now.

I don't think I have been that mad ever.

dj416
06-20-2003, 04:59 PM
sorry to hear that, it really sucks.

BornOnFire
06-20-2003, 05:06 PM
Whenever I buy a damm car I ask the seller to let me take it to my mechanic for a compression test. If the seller won't do it. No sale!! If you live by that rule, you will never get hosed again. I would at least attempt a refund.

mx517
06-20-2003, 05:15 PM
that sux

Scott-300ex
06-20-2003, 05:24 PM
that sucks dude

although i don't know how a paycheck can be crummy, j/k man

always test drive it first, but look at it this way, now it is a perfect time to put a high performance crate motor in, lol

sounds like you should have stayed in bed today:(

Nausty
06-20-2003, 07:23 PM
that sucks big time.:( I'd call up and at least try to compromise and get some of your money back and if that don't work its time for the baseball bat. We've been getting hosed lately on parts too.:mad:

JTRtrx250r
06-21-2003, 04:26 AM
take it back dude,dont stand to be scammed,and let the guy know hes lucky you showd back up instead of an alternative....and let him know thats still a possibility,.....I hate scammers

it aint like he didnt know

if he loser dont wanna work w/ ya.......take measures,paybacks can be a b!tch,best of luck to you

Sportrax10
06-21-2003, 05:00 AM
Well at least you got new Razr mx's!!!:D

DaveEX7
06-21-2003, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by Sportrax10
Well at least you got new Razr mx's!!!:D

He got something good outta the crappy deal anyway.