PDA

View Full Version : Sidewinder sprockets the best?

lil'redrocket
01-10-2002, 09:33 AM
Im gonna have to replace my chain and sprockets soon are sidewinder sprockets really the best? Their website seems convincing. Also how do there low end products compare with other companys high end, such as Renthal? Just wondering what everyone else runs. thanks

01-10-2002, 09:37 AM
When the time comes I'll be goin with sidewinder. All the test and reviews I've read about them have given great responses about their products.

RideRed400EX
01-10-2002, 10:03 AM
They are a little pricey but worth every penny. I have run sidewinder on my old CR80 and 300EX without any failures.

01-10-2002, 12:43 PM
I got one of the early Sidewinder stainless steel rear sprockets for the 400EX. It broke after about 300 miles in the woods. I didn't hit any rocks. After MANY conversations and letter writing and sending my old sprocket back to them, they did replace it with another one. The replacement was beefier. They probably tried to make the original one too light. The replacement has been fine since and shows very little wear after many hundreds of trail miles.

chris29
01-10-2002, 02:07 PM
yep they are the best and will outlast all the rest. I have their chain and will soon be geting their sprockets. They do have high prices but thats because you will not have to keep on buying their products over and over again like other brands. But Im not worried about the price cause im getting it all 45% off.

01-10-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by chris29
But Im not worried about the price cause im getting it all 45% off.

Me too,,,,,ain't that right buddy....:D :D

chris29
01-10-2002, 02:15 PM
What do you think you can use me to get a discount? Maybe one day you will be able to ride as good as me and have them sponsor you.

chris29
01-10-2002, 02:16 PM
Hey rico you should put all the mods you had on your old 400 that burned down on your profile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-10-2002, 02:21 PM
Oh that's real funny you got it comin bud,,,,,and why do I need sponsors when I got you to get me stuff. Oh and watch what you say now,,,I don't think you guys got insurance on your quads and homeowners will not cover them if something happens,,you might have just jinksed yourself..:eek:

and you say ride as good as you,,,the only thing you got over me is 11 years of youth,,that's it lady.

01-10-2002, 02:25 PM
I run Sidewinder chain and rear sprocket......their ok. Is it worth the money? Knowing that I too have the earlier stainless steel rear sprocket that rockosmith is talking about, I don't think soo:grr

NJ250Rrider
01-10-2002, 03:12 PM
Be careful, those Sidewinder salesmen are theives. They will try to charge you over $300 for a chain/sprocket set and tell you thats a discount price.

The Ti rear sprockets are pretty strong but their front sprockets and chain are about the same as others. Is it really worth 3 times the cost of an RK/Sunstar setup?