PDA

View Full Version : Plastic is back from Evolution Freestyle

Ben
06-20-2003, 08:38 AM
Well the Fullbore plastic I sent to Evolution Freestyle Ramps is back. It is pretty much junk now. They ruined a brand new set of Fullbore :cuss:

250xman
06-20-2003, 08:41 AM
lets see some pics!!!:blah:

UglyMotha™
06-20-2003, 08:43 AM
i thought it was getting carbon fiber plastic :confused:

300exOH
06-20-2003, 08:51 AM
Yeah let's see 'em! :cool:

Ben
06-20-2003, 08:51 AM
Picture 1

Sportrax10
06-20-2003, 08:53 AM
Looks good so far!

Ben
06-20-2003, 08:53 AM
Picture 2

UglyMotha™
06-20-2003, 08:56 AM
holly crap i just spunked on my keyboard

http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/ups/budaz/jerk.gif

Ben
06-20-2003, 08:56 AM
Picture 3

hondafox440
06-20-2003, 08:59 AM
No offense, but I dont like it at all. Looks sort of, fruity, with the turquoise sparkly flames.. Oh well, we all know what opinions are like..

Ben
06-20-2003, 09:00 AM
They call it chroming the plastic. Am I happy with it? In short - no. It has a bunch of scuff marks, rub marks, and even two big areas where the chrome has been worn completely away. Shoddy workmanship :o I say save your money and go with straight Fullbore because it is sweet :D The color is not what I asked for, they missed my deadline by many weeks. They donated their services but I call it like I see it. It would look nice and would be recommended if the plastic wasn't trashed. They get a D.

The only upside? I'm glad I found this out before one of you guys went and spent your hard earned money on their services. :scary:

UglyMotha™
06-20-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by hondafox440
No offense, but I dont like it at all. Looks sort of, fruity, with the turquoise sparkly flames.. Oh well, we all know what opinions are like..

tampons :eek:

Tommy 17
06-20-2003, 09:01 AM
thats sweet... but it looks like theres a chip in the flames on the middle of the front fender... mayb its just the lightin and the camera...

is it painted on or what??? or is that the type of plastic that fullbore molds the design right into the plasitc and its all one...

Ben
06-20-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
thats sweet... but it looks like theres a chip in the flames on the middle of the front fender... mayb its just the lightin and the camera...is it painted on or what??? or is that the type of plastic that fullbore molds the design right into the plasitc and its all one...

Yes, there is a big chip there. It is pathetic that it was sent like that :rolleyes: It is some type of chrome that is adhered to the plastic - not sure of the exact process.

hessianmx111
06-20-2003, 09:06 AM
evolution does some cool chit. they have some done some awesome bikes. its suppposed to hold up good too.

Tommy 17
06-20-2003, 09:07 AM
:ermm: the more i look at it... the front flames aren't even even and that don't look right...

i don't like it the more that i look at it... not a very good design to it...

rdmex
06-20-2003, 09:08 AM
ben if you would like, my dad does custom paint on the side,he used to own a body shop, i have a fully custom painted truck with ghost flames, we could redo it for you maybe :D

TagRider
06-20-2003, 09:12 AM
I'm pretty excited about seeing this project completed but I've got to say that plastic looks terrible. There are chips in it, the colors are whacked and the flames on the front don't even look centered.

zephead400ex
06-20-2003, 09:21 AM
They had good intentions of making really cool plastics, but they fubared them and look really shoddy! Those graphics, done correctly, would be sweet!

IMO, have someone else do the graphics on the Fullbores!

Cant wait to the finished specimen!:blah:

peace

crap-banshee32
06-20-2003, 09:27 AM
WOW i think it looks sweet!! what other colors can they to the plastics in?

UglyMotha™
06-20-2003, 09:30 AM
oh well since everybody thinks they sucks, ben pm me and i'll give ya my addy and you can send them to me, i wouldn't mind sporting them, i'll even pay shipping :ermm:

hessianmx111
06-20-2003, 09:30 AM
pretty much any color their site is www.evolutionfreestyleramps.com there should be a pop up and click on that

Porkchop
06-20-2003, 10:01 AM
isnt this quad supposed to be set up for XC? why didnt ya get full fenders?

ranger400ex
06-20-2003, 11:01 AM
XC=xtra cute

Pappy
06-20-2003, 12:39 PM

Narly R
06-20-2003, 12:55 PM
Looks nice!;) I want to see it on the bike!!!!!!

06-20-2003, 01:42 PM
think I like plain ol red better..

roostin_dale
06-20-2003, 01:53 PM
man..if it werent for the chips they would be awesome!

honda400exrider
06-20-2003, 02:04 PM
Looks okay, but the pc and everything has to match, but hopefully it will...

BTW who is goign to get to ride this peice?:p

Rip_Tear
06-20-2003, 02:42 PM
I like how it makes it shiny, like crome, but with it chiping and stuff thats just.... Well crappy.

Chef
06-20-2003, 02:57 PM
Honestly Ben, I think my stick on chrome flames look better than that...and they were lots cheaper!

Guy400
06-20-2003, 03:00 PM
The chroming had real potential but the execution was terrible in this case. It's too bad to ruin a brand new set of Fullbore's for this.

sweet300ex
06-20-2003, 03:04 PM
i dont even know what to say....that puts fullbore on the lazy side of my list

Sporttrax400ex
06-20-2003, 03:05 PM
The plastic is awsome kinda was hopn it would be a different color that looks a little shakey foot if u kn0 wat i mean.. lol

it is sweeeeet ben

Chef
06-20-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by sweet300ex

Fullbore didnt do it. Fullbore is awesome to deal with for me. Evolution did the chroming.

Pappy
06-20-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by sweet300ex

fullbore didnt do that..another company did:mad: RIF:devil:

fullbore is second only to oem:D

Guy400
06-20-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Fullbore didnt do it. Fullbore is awesome to deal with for me. Evolution did the chroming. Ditto.

Fullbore was an innocent victim to this catastrophe.

Sporttrax400ex
06-20-2003, 03:07 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder

Ben
06-21-2003, 01:57 AM
Well my finance pointed out last night a couple more chips! She also point out a large area where whatever material they use "ran" down the side of the plastic and dried. Looks like dried paint blobs! I'll take pictures later. It is shocking to me that they ruined this plastic :cuss:

Pappy
06-21-2003, 02:07 AM
any luck calling the company:ermm:

Ben
06-21-2003, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
any luck calling the company:ermm:

I sent them an email just now - we will see how they respond although I know they will try to avoid the situation. I can only assume that they want a mention in the ATV Sport article stating that they trashed the plastic :rolleyes:

Pappy
06-21-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Ben
I sent them an email just now - we will see how they respond

cheetah
06-21-2003, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Ben
I sent them an email just now - we will see how they respond although I know they will try to avoid the situation. I can only assume that they want a mention in the ATV Sport article stating that they trashed the plastic :rolleyes:

Ooooooh Blackmail!!!! Crack that whip Ben!!!:macho

Ben
06-21-2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by cheetah
Ooooooh Blackmail!!!! Crack that whip Ben!!!:macho

Not blackmail at all - merely an objective review in a national ATV magazine ;) I looked at it again just now and it is amazing that they sent this stuff out the door. It looks good from far away (like 50 feet!) but once you get up within 25 feet or closer it looks like total junk :o

Derek
06-21-2003, 05:32 AM
Make sure you keep us updated on the situation.

Tommy 17
06-21-2003, 05:41 AM
ben j.w how much does that company charge to do that to the plastic...

DaveEX7
06-21-2003, 05:50 AM

Ben
06-21-2003, 11:26 AM

How much did they charge to ruin brand new $500 plastic? Whatever they charge just add $500 to it because you will be out that money too.

muff
06-21-2003, 12:54 PM
wow that coulda been real nice, call em up and b!tch em out, if i were you i'd spend no time puttin it into the atv sport article...did they know it was for the exriders project quad or was it just another set of plastic to them?

sportraxrider10
06-21-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by muff
did they know it was for the exriders project quad or was it just another set of plastic to them?

it shouldn't matter either way.:rolleyes: they shouldn't treat there customers that way even if it isn't for a big project that is going to be everywhere or if it is for some little guy in pa mountains that is the only one that is going to see his four wheeler:o

trueblue450
06-21-2003, 03:04 PM
plastic looks good!!!

paintin looks like crap.. i can't believe they would send out a product like that.. whod they have working for them ..... PAPPY??? :huh

Pappy
06-21-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by 300EX_Man
plastic looks good!!!

paintin looks like crap.. i can't believe they would send out a product like that.. whod they have working for them ..... PAPPY??? :huh

stfu:mad:

trueblue450
06-21-2003, 03:07 PM
stfu:mad:

just playing with yah pap..! :D

Pappy
06-21-2003, 03:09 PM
all i know is the pics ben showed me 2 months ago looked killer. i dunno if it was the same place or his got done on "take a tard to work day":scary: damn shoddy work if ya ask me(sorry ben) and id be chewing someones *** clean thru over this.

trueblue450
06-21-2003, 03:12 PM
i dunno if it was the same place or his got done on "take a tard to work day":scary:

hah ha.. looks like it

KASCHAK
06-21-2003, 05:53 PM
hey ben how do you get all this stuff do you say your doing a project and they just send it or what. your getting alot of stuff for this quad. cant wait till its done.

Sparky416ex
06-21-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Yes, there is a big chip there. It is pathetic that it was sent like that :rolleyes: It is some type of chrome that is adhered to the plastic - not sure of the exact process.

its clearcoat...like whats on cars

forum
06-21-2003, 06:15 PM
no offense or anything but you got 2000 dollar plastic for free. Im not sure on 2000 as a exact number but i know chromed plastic is in the thousands. SO what if its got a few marks on it. If i were fulbore i would have just given you their standard model plastic and said take it or leave it. Im not sure about the detials on the deal. so sorry if i screwed up trying to figure it out.

Sparky416ex
06-21-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by forum
no offense or anything but you got 2000 dollar plastic for free. Im not sure on 2000 as a exact number but i know chromed plastic is in the thousands. SO what if its got a few marks on it. If i were fulbore i would have just given you their standard model plastic and said take it or leave it. Im not sure about the detials on the deal. so sorry if i screwed up trying to figure it out.

thats a good point

but if they were smart they would have done a better job...there work is going to be in a magazine that thousands of quad loving people buy

i think it looks awesome...but the chips will keep chipping...and soon none of the shiny stuff will be there and your plastic will just fall apart

06-21-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440

Ben
06-22-2003, 01:08 AM

This is not real chrome and it does not cost thousands. ;) They do dirtbike plastic for around $250 so I'd say this runs about $500 or so. The point is that they took MY Fullbore (not their Fullbore) that was brand new ($500) and destroyed it, so now I am without a set of the plastic at all and am in worst shape than before I sent it to them. It is now worth nothing and can't be used. This wasn't Fullbore that did this it was another company. :)

Guy400
06-22-2003, 01:12 AM
no offense or anything but you got 2000 dollar plastic for free. Im not sure on 2000 as a exact number but i know chromed plastic is in the thousands. SO what if its got a few marks on it. If i were fulbore i would have just given you their standard model plastic and said take it or leave it. Im not sure about the detials on the deal. so sorry if i screwed up trying to figure it out. WTF kinda sense does that make? If you were buying an aftermarket frame for a conversion and the company cuts you a discount but when you receive it it's got 2 cracks in it, are you going to be OK with that since they didn't charge you full price so you shouldn't expect 100% of the product:confused: I don't care what it costs, if I pay for a company's services or they volunteer them I'd expect the results to be the same.

JHF219
06-22-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Ben
This is not real chrome and it does not cost thousands. ;) They do dirtbike plastic for around $250 so I'd say this runs about $500 or so. The point is that they took MY Fullbore (not their Fullbore) that was brand new ($500) and destroyed it, so now I am without a set of the plastic at all and am in worst shape than before I sent it to them. It is now worth nothing and can't be used. This wasn't Fullbore that did this it was another company. :)

Is this another company that fullbore works with ?? or is this someone that you found direct? so your saying that the work is going to look bad on the painting company right ? are the plastics themselves flawed? or just that paint job? i would be *****in an ear full thats for sure !! what happened to the laker custom plastic you were going to use ??!!

Ben
06-22-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by JHForman250R
Is this another company that fullbore works with ?? or is this someone that you found direct? so your saying that the work is going to look bad on the painting company right ? are the plastics themselves flawed? or just that paint job? i would be *****in an ear full thats for sure !! what happened to the laker custom plastic you were going to use ??!!

This is a seperate company (Evolution Freestyle Ramps) that has no ties to Fullbore. The plastic was brand new when I sent it to Evolution. The plastic was fine, but now the painting process has ruined them forever :o We still have the Laker Custom and are using it too, we were going for two seperate looks, however.

06-22-2003, 01:47 AM
The first roll over with that plastic is gonna hurt...:(

JHF219
06-22-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Ben
This is a seperate company (Evolution Freestyle Ramps) that has no ties to Fullbore. The plastic was brand new when I sent it to Evolution. The plastic was fine, but now the painting process has ruined them forever :o We still have the Laker Custom and are using it too, we were going for two seperate looks, however.

damn that sucks !! i know that your saying they did the paint work for free but now you have some ****t* plastic!! the laker custom plastic is sweet !! thats cool that you are doing 2 different looks !! so i read that you emailed them have they replied?? in all honesty they should be buying you new plastic and repainting for FREE!! when i first read the title of this thread i thought you were blaming full bore but now that i have read and reread this post i realize its not fullbores fault !!

DaveEX7
06-22-2003, 03:08 AM
How many people work in the company you sent the plastics to?

Do they normally do this kind of work and you got the pick of being the one with the chittiest plastic? Or is it just like one dude that tries to make plastics look good and does a half *** job just so he can suck away your hard earned money.

hessianmx111
06-22-2003, 07:39 AM
ive seen much better work out of them on bikes and even a 250ex they did. its supposed to last awhile. it lasts alot longer than the old process of vacumizing or whatever. im pretty sure its not paint. i dunno but if ya wanna know more go to www.evolutionfreestyleramps.com there should be a pop up about the plastic crap.

Sparky416ex
06-22-2003, 04:55 PM
so maybe you could sell it to someone...tell them upfront that the plastic has some mistakes.....i know someone would buy it....it looks awesome...i just cant understand why everyone keeps saying its ruined??

Striker49
06-22-2003, 05:20 PM
That sux Ben. I hope you can get everything straightened out. You know the laws better than anyone...you can always get some money out of em somehow Im sure. :eek:

Also, I need that info and some pix to finish that thing for Laker Customs. :ermm: Ive emailed ya a couple times but you havent got back to me, but Im sure youve had your hands more than full these past few weeks. :scary:

XANDADA
06-23-2003, 02:02 AM
wow, dissappointing :( Can the paint be removed with a solvent?
I don't care if it was free, I'm amazed someone would allow that to go out the shop door looking like that. Especially when it is bassically for AD/PR purposes. Shame on them! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/teufel/devil-smiley-016.gif

400EXrider#91
06-23-2003, 04:19 AM
there only hurting themselfs. kids:rolleyes:

QuadJunkies
06-23-2003, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by Ben
They call it chroming the plastic. Am I happy with it? In short - no. It has a bunch of scuff marks, rub marks, and even two big areas where the chrome has been worn completely away. Shoddy workmanship :o I say save your money and go with straight Fullbore because it is sweet :D The color is not what I asked for, they missed my deadline by many weeks. They donated their services but I call it like I see it. It would look nice and would be recommended if the plastic wasn't trashed. They get a D.

The only upside? I'm glad I found this out before one of you guys went and spent your hard earned money on their services. :scary: Sorry to hear the news Ben.:( Its hard to tell from here,form what Im seeing Im thinking that is very nice!!!! But a pic sometimes hides the quality workmanship..