View Full Version : Burgard & RockyMountain = SLOW

RIjon
06-20-2003, 08:38 AM
:mad: :(

IT's been a Week and a half and no parts

:grr:

JessetheKid
06-20-2003, 08:44 AM
Dude ur complainin about a week an a half peps take like 5-6 months for their shocks but thats what u got to do for sweet shocks :D

RIjon
06-20-2003, 09:11 AM
I didn't order shocks

I ordered Common 'in-stock' parts

I expect to get my ATV parts as timely as I do all my hotrod parts

hessianmx111
06-20-2003, 09:23 AM
my parts from dennis kirk get in here at 3 days at the most and when they are backordered a week:)

honda270ex
06-20-2003, 09:28 AM
Yeah right. Rocky mountain is fast. u probaly gave them a wrong crdit card number because i did that once and it took forever so i called them and they told me i gave them the worng credit card number. i never heard of burgard. O yea www.motojoe.com is really really slow.i odered my big gun pipes there and it took 3 months and they were in stock. stop complaining

CHAUNCY
06-20-2003, 10:10 AM
I noticed rocky mountain now has more parts backorders than they used to. It used to take 3-4 days to get my parts now last time it took almost 2 weeks!:ermm:

hondafox440
06-20-2003, 10:16 AM
I ordered number plate backgrounds and numbers for my 125 from Rocky Mountain about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and they got here about 5 business days later.. I have always had great lock with RM.. www.gopartsdirect.com sucks for shipping. I could have sworn they duct taped my silencer to a dead armadillo and told it to get it to me as fast as possible.

CHAUNCY
06-20-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by hondafox440
www.gopartsdirect.com sucks for shipping. I could have sworn they duct taped my silencer to a dead armadillo and told it to get it to me as fast as possible.

LMAO

Ralph
06-20-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by RIjon

u think that is bad? my friend orderd his works shocks from c&d racing on may 5th, he still hasent gotten his WORKS shocks today:rolleyes:

Pappy
06-20-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
u think that is bad? my friend orderd his works shocks from c&d racing on may 5th, he still hasent gotten his WORKS shocks today:rolleyes:

dayummm:confused:

as far as burgard stuff goes....let me know what you need...im there almost every day and i can check to see if parts are in stock or have been shipped. 2 weeks is normal for alot of places depending....and UPS has been screwing up like a mofo as of late:scary:

RIjon
06-20-2003, 01:44 PM
I guess I am just spoiled from places like Summit and other Larger aftermarket places

I litteraly order stuff from Cali,Florida,TX, etc..... and they show up in 2-4 days Tops

Rocky Mountain is in Utah... I can see that taking a while

But Burgard is in PA...... blahhhh

I guess I am way out-of-line

Sorry:rolleyes:

Pappy
06-20-2003, 01:45 PM
what did you order?

06-20-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by RIjon

:eek2:
consider cancelling the order or at least demand free shipping ,..
or you will cancel

400exBro
06-20-2003, 02:04 PM
Pappy, where the hell were you on my order??

mine took 3 weeks to get here,,, 2 days of shipping with ups, and i don't know where the other 2.5 weeks were:confused:

Pappy
06-20-2003, 02:14 PM
ive said it before...get the stuff thru me or atleast get me to check availabilty. when people order a arms or stems or whatever...if i dont have them sitting here bare...i call and or i walk in the stock room and check...hands on to see if the part is ready to pc or ship. too many companies rely on an expected ship date and the actual ship date. i have yet to have one complaint when stuff is ordered thru me. ofcourse pc time is added to that but still ...never a problem. i dont make a mint on stuff but i try to get people what they want when they want it.

and 2rs makes a good point.....but only if a company has missed a qouted deadline. if a company tells you it will ship today then id b!tch too if its late. always ask if a ordered part is in stock...not 3/4 finished:p ive had slow shipping from almost every supplier you can think of...but i also realize that the whole process is handled by humans and mistakes will be made.

and if anyone wants to complain further...dont. go open your own business and do it better...if not...shut it:macho :blah:

RIjon
06-20-2003, 02:22 PM
Well Said Pap

Let me clarify... I am not mad ,not gonna go bashing this and that

I was not aware of the option to ask Pappy but I sure as heck will in the future ;)

I will just wait a bit longer and I'm sure they will show up

Waiting for the Turdbrown truck to drop off some presents is always a hoot and I look foreward to it (Always have always will)

Til they show.... I will ***** :devil:

Pappy
06-20-2003, 02:27 PM
prime example...i ordered my billet hubs from LSR'site....followed the next day to reaffirm the order and to request a ship date. the kid on the phone said they would ship the next day....2 weeks later no hubs. so i call and ask for that same kid(habit from work to right down the name of contacts) and after a few minutes of beating around the bush....the hubs were just then being shipped...they hadnt even had them made when i made my order. so it happens everywhere.

as for car speed parts...no comparison....you can get a crate motor in 3 days:p

lars
06-20-2003, 02:31 PM
i thought i was the only one that hade a bad experience with rockymountain atv hmmm so im not the only one then. i ordered a piston for my friend when i rebuilt his motor took like 10 days to get it and it was suppose to be in stock they said i asked them to email me a trackin number they never did. i know dennis kirk is alittle higher then some other places but they are prompt when i order from dennis kirk it never fails my parts are here on my door step the next morning they email me a tracking number everytime i dont even have to ask. some times CHEEPER isnt always better :cool:

Pappy
06-20-2003, 02:35 PM
RMATV is the wal mart of the atv world:p

they seem to have stopped carrying the inventory they once did:confused: ive had great luck with james lucky....and for some reason the shipping was a bit better priced:confused:

JOEX
06-20-2003, 06:11 PM
This is just my opinion...

The problem is not with waiting for parts, it is the what seems to be false promises for delivery of said parts. All the manufacturers/retailers will have to do is say these parts are not in stock and /or might be delayed for shipment, That, IMO, would aleviate 90% of the complaints of late shipments.

Is that too much to ask for?

Joe

06-20-2003, 06:20 PM
longest i had to wait wasa month for meszaros axle nut it was a lil ridiculous but not terrible, oh yeah i got my front shocks directly from works it took them three weeeks, they built them and shipped em and 3 weeks later i had em, i paid 460 with rezzies

I-7
06-20-2003, 06:24 PM
I use dennis kirk and rocky mountain. RM has good deals but the longest wait i had for them was 2 weeks and the shortest wait was 5 days :(. For dennis kirk the longest wait i had was 4 days and the shortest wait was 2 days. i have ordered many things and dc has not failed me yet:macho

RIDER11X
06-20-2003, 07:00 PM
I waited about 3 months for a backordered DID chain last year that I ordered for my inventory. :eek: Yes, I keep a small inventory of frequently needed parts on hand to keep from having to next day ship something to make a ride or race. I then gave up and ordered it from MOTO-MAN.

THIS WAS THE ONLY TIME THIS HAPPENED WITH ROCKY MTN. ATV! They ship quickly and accurately and offer excellent online ordering and customer service.

If you need it quickly, don't order a backordered item from anyone. Go to the next vendor of choice.;)

Pappy
06-21-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
This is just my opinion...

The problem is not with waiting for parts, it is the what seems to be false promises for delivery of said parts. All the manufacturers/retailers will have to do is say these parts are not in stock and /or might be delayed for shipment, That, IMO, would aleviate 90% of the complaints of late shipments.

Is that too much to ask for?

Joe

exactly....well said:)

i remeber thats how i used to order parts back in the day....id just keep calling until i found someone with that part in stock.....but back then the prices were always the same....now some places are wayyyy higher then others:scary:

Moded86R
06-21-2003, 09:02 AM
I recently ordered new razr mx's on douglas red labels and new razr mx rears.It took exactly a week.

I also ordered a herrmann racing bearings carrier.Also took exactly a week.The big brown truck has lots of goodies for me.Now I am waiting on new front wheel bearings and seals.(also ordered from herrmann)And a pivot works linkage rebuild kit.(ordered from local honda dealer.It's on back order though)

I will do business with both companies again.

Tommy 17
06-21-2003, 09:43 AM
i think rocky mt is gettin so much business now bc they are so cheap on prices that they are over loaded....

i will order everything from now on from 3 people... james lucky, jeff@thequadshop and pappy... thats it...

i've learned my lesson dealin with everyone else...

muff
06-21-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i think rocky mt is gettin so much business now bc they are so cheap on prices that they are over loaded....

i will order everything from now on from 3 people... james lucky, jeff@thequadshop and pappy... thats it...

i've learned my lesson dealin with everyone else...

yea i've had my share of probs to, quad shop, pappy, kandk, local shop, and some others are all i'm goin to

lars
06-21-2003, 01:20 PM
i agree moto-man is a good place to. thats where i got all my rims fast shipping and good prices :cool:

RIDER11X
06-21-2003, 01:26 PM
For OEM parts, Planet Honda is great to deal with. I bought a steering stem for $48 brand new!:D

sportraxrider10
06-21-2003, 01:27 PM
i ordered my ac nerf bars from chapperal(sp?) and i ordered them monday and they were on my doorstep by thursday:macho it was the cheapest place i found too which was good

lars
06-21-2003, 03:00 PM
whats the web site to this chapperal place :cool:

06-22-2003, 01:30 AM
in my experiences ....I think Magic Racing has delivered to me ...
the fastest...usually within 3 or 4 days I get my parts..

06-22-2003, 01:33 AM
you can find their ad in dirtwheels ...& the website is
www.magicracing.com

bansheeguy77
06-22-2003, 02:59 AM
team factory racing is bad. i got my nerfs withiin 2 days which i paid for....but my scoops didnt come for another week when i paid for 2 day shipping for everything :scary:

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-22-2003, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Ralph

This has nothing to do with C&D. He placed the order I called works and at that point we were waiting on works to build the shocks. They were shipped the same day that I got them.

Ralph
06-22-2003, 06:45 AM
i guess that there was lots of misunderstanding cause he said u told him he would recieve them before june 7th and then he said u kept telling him that he should get them the next friday, and then the friday after next..... and so on, well he finaly got them and he is happy with them

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-22-2003, 06:49 AM
I am glad that he is happy with them.. When he did order I was under the assumption that he would have them buy the 7th. but then I found out that works does not normally do a triple rate for a blaster I guess that was the hold up!