PDA

View Full Version : Yo Rico Or Anyone Else, Let Me Know

MOOCAZEN
01-10-2002, 08:08 AM
HEY HOW MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE IS IT TO HAVE A STEERING STABILIZER, A DENTON REBUILDABLE, SEEING AS THAT K&K JACKED ME IM GOING TO JUST GET OTHER THINGS FROM THERE INSTEAD OF THE MONEY BACK.IS IT A HUGE DIFFERENCE, LET ME KNOW

01-10-2002, 08:40 AM
Well the new denton is pretty much the same as the muscle offered by speedracing. Yes they do make a difference,,there is 7 adjustable settings,,easy to hard. IF ya got it on easy it's like it's not even on there,,if ya put it on 7,,the stiff setting after about a week of riding it you'll have arms like popeye..:D I usually have mine on the 2nd softest. Yes they do make a difference but you'll get used to it after about 2 or 3 rides and think it wasn't worth the money. But if you take it off you'll notice a big difference in it not being on there... I say get the sucka,,it does help the quad to track straighter in rough terrain and helps arm fatique.

Guy400
01-10-2002, 08:41 AM
A friend of mine just bought one for his EX. It was a waste of money. He only does your typical trail riding and he admitted that it was a waste. Fortunately for him they took it back even though it had been mounted. Now if you're going to be doing MX racing than a steering stabilizer would be a nice purchase.

Scott
01-10-2002, 08:55 AM
I disagree Guy. I ride only woods, no mx, and I put one on mine after jamming my wrists bad a couple times, now I wouldn't want to ride without it. It really takes the jolt out of the bars if you clip a tree, rock, etc. Instead of jerking the bars and inflicting pain on your body, the stabilizer sucks it up and you go on painlessly.

I run the denton rebuildable Rico mentioned, set on 3.

MOOCAZEN
01-10-2002, 08:55 AM
WELL IM GOING TO BE RIDING A LITTLE MX , BUT MOSTLY DESERT AND BAJA STYLE, ALOT OF HOLES WOOPS, WHAT NOT. NOT TOO MANY JUMPS

Guy400
01-10-2002, 09:04 AM
I don't doubt that they work but I guess for the trail system we ride in it wasn't worth the money. Our trails are pretty clear and at least 2 feet wider than any of our quads. There's no doubt in my mind though that if you're riding Baja style or in terrain with lots of whoops and unseen holes that the stabilizer would be of great benefit.

Scott
01-10-2002, 09:09 AM
Ahhh. The trails I ride aren't clear or wide. I could see why he thought he wasted his money.

We're still into blazing our own trails on some of the property we recently started riding. Landowner just started riding with us, has woods, no trails. No Problem! Someone new to drink an adult beverage with!

SGA
01-10-2002, 10:48 PM
Scott hit it on the head in his first post. Mines been on about 4 months now, takes alot of the handle bar side to side shake out & cuts down arm fatigue. Plus it gives me more confidence that the bars wont be jerked out of my hands. It really helps when your up to speed. I run mine on 3 or 4 depending how rough it is. A must have? No. Glad I got mine? Yes

TRFOXX
01-11-2002, 07:20 AM
Is the Pep stabilizer and good?

01-11-2002, 08:43 AM
If ya get a pep get the new latest greatest version the older cheaper ones they have are junk,,go out to marcums ATV and read the "here's the Poop" section,,talks about bad products on the market..I recommend the muscle from speed racing..

Dave400ex
01-11-2002, 05:40 PM
I`m going to race XC and ride rough Trails all the time. Would the Stabilizer be a good choice?

NJ300ex
01-11-2002, 08:23 PM
For tough trails with lots of rocks or ruts and XC a steering stabilizer is a must have.

Dave400ex
01-11-2002, 08:31 PM
I think I`m going to get the Stabilizer next. I`m not sure about Nerf Bars yet. I don`t think I need them.

SGA
01-11-2002, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WarriorMan
I`m going to race XC and ride rough Trails all the time. Would the Stabilizer be a good choice? [/QUOTE

No, you don't need nerf bars either, but I would highly recommend them for racing. Their manditory for MX & should be for XC.

Dave400ex
01-11-2002, 08:58 PM
There is one other thing I could do, I could save for Shocks. Since I really don`t need a Stabilizer and Nerf Bars. I do need Shocks for Racing though. They would be good for just messing around riding too.

NJ300ex
01-12-2002, 02:46 PM
Instead of nerfs you should get peg extenders. I am going to get dirisi peg extenders because they are the largest. They will work better than nerfs for the woods. When you get stuck in the woods its faster to just put your foot down and move the bike back. Its better then when you have nerfs because then you have to get off of it and pick it up to move back. Why should nerfs be mandatory for XC. You don't have to do alot of jumps. You don't need them. The question of getting a steering stabilizer or not is if you wrists ever get hurt from riding from hiting obstacles you should get one.

Dave400ex
01-12-2002, 04:39 PM
I don`t think I will get Nerfs. I want to keep the Stock Guards on though. Can I use the Guards with the Footpeg Extenders? I know Nac`s sells Peg Extenders for $15. I could save $110 that way. I`m not sure what to get next. I want to get a Stabilizer, but I could save all next year and then get my Shocks next Winter. Then all the really expensive stuff would be off my list. What do you guys think?

Chef
01-12-2002, 05:50 PM
Nerfs arent just for jumping, I believe they were designed so that when your racing hard, and go into a corner, alot like the first corner of xc racing, your tires dont hook and then shoot people in odd directions.

trx400ex
01-12-2002, 06:20 PM
hey warriorman, what class are you running in? i was just thinking wouldnt you finish better if you raced the stock class and put alot of money into the things they let you have (front shocks etc.) maybe i dont know what im talking about either

Dave400ex
01-12-2002, 08:15 PM
I`m just getting my 400EX setup for XC Racing. I`m not old enough to race yet. I will race the local tracks first. If I would save and get the Front Shocks next winter, everything after that would be a lot cheaper. Plus I could still race the Stock Class if I wanted to. How does this sound? Next winter I would almost have enough money for PEP ZPS Front Shocks. What should I do?

trx400ex
01-12-2002, 08:33 PM
how old are you? im in your position also, i will be able to race next year (2003),,i wanted to race mx, but now i changed my mind and am trying to mod my shee for xc....can you have pipes in the stock class? im trying to figure out how ppl keep stock banshees from overheating and getting the radiator pluged full of mud..hmm i have alot to learn...i thought for xc the axis shocks would be better, there just so expensive

trx400ex
01-12-2002, 08:36 PM
i just read you profile,,,your a month older than me,,do you really lift that much:huh??! thats a freakin lot

Dave400ex
01-12-2002, 08:47 PM
I`ll be 15 in Three Months. All crap, you can`t have a Pipe in the Stock Class. I won`t be racing that Class. I don`t want to spend that much on Shocks (Axis). Plus 465Stoker runs Open A and his Wife runs the Women Class and they both use PEP ZPS. Gabe is getting a set of PEP ZPS Shocks too. I`m going to wait and find out what he thinks of them. If he likes them better then his Elka`s and the Axis Shocks he was testing I will buy the PEP. Gabe also said all the fast guys he races with use PEP. They must be good. I will most likely get PEP. You can only have Aftermarket Front Shocks, Tires, Throttle Assembly, Axle, Handlebars, Grips, Skid Plates, and Plastic to race the Stock Class. So you can`t really put anything on the Quad to make it go faster. You can`t do anything to the Rear Shock either. I wonder if you had a PEP Conversion done to the Stock Rear Shock how they would know?

Yeah I lift that much. Hard to believe. I can`t right now though. Since I crashed and messed up my knee. i`m going to start lifting again Monday.

01-12-2002, 10:52 PM
if i got +2 houser a arms for my 400ex how much would the total cost be with tie rods and brak lines and bushings

Dave400ex
01-13-2002, 11:02 AM
The A-Arm kit includes the Tie Rods and Bushings. If you just get +2 the Stock Brake Lines will still work. So the Price will be $525. Go to Houser-Racing.com and check it out.

NJ300ex
01-13-2002, 06:00 PM
You can use the nacs peg extenders with the plastic guards but not the derisi extenders unless you modified them somehow. Sorry to burst your buble but you can't run pep zps in the stock class because they have rezzies. I am pretty sure when they say front shocks it says in parenthesis no rezzies next to it.

Dave400ex
01-13-2002, 07:07 PM
I can`t run the Stock Class now because I have a Pipe. So I can go ahead and get the PEP ZPS Shocks if I want to. I don`t know for sure those are the Shocks I`m getting. I`m going to wait and found out what Gabe thinks of his before I buy any. I think Gabe will like them and if he does I will get the PEP ZPS.