PDA

View Full Version : steps to polishing

fasterz
06-20-2003, 04:40 AM
can some one give me steps to polishing? steps for different metals also, liek steps for bare alum and steel, etc. thanks

Doibugu2
06-20-2003, 04:43 AM
Your about 2 months late. If you do a search you will find at least 50 threads about this.

06-20-2003, 06:14 AM
aluminum
1. strip paint(if there is paint on it)
2. sand smooth, start with a rougher grit then a work your way to a finer grit.
3. use tripoli budding compound on a spiral sewn buffing wheel to get all of the scratches out and to give it a good shine
4. use white rouge buffing compound on a loose buffing wheel to give it the best shine
5.fill up a sink full of soapy water and use a wash cloth to get al of the black compound off of the peice...best way that i know of, thanks to luvmyex for that idea
6. touch up with mothers as necesary

fasterz
06-20-2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
3. use tripoli budding compound on a spiral sewn buffing wheel to get all of the scratches out and to give it a good shine
4. use white rouge buffing compound on a loose buffing wheel to give it the best shine
i get every thign but those 2 things, wat are they? (the white rouge buffing compund, and sprial swen buffing wheel) u got pics of wat they look like?

06-20-2003, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by fasterz
i get every thign but those 2 things, wat are they? (the white rouge buffing compund, and sprial swen buffing wheel) u got pics of wat they look like? www.tptools.com this webtsite should help ya out a bit, they got pics of all there products, including the buffing compounds and wheels

fasterz
06-20-2003, 06:40 AM
i found the stuff on that site, but i dont have a buffing wheel and i dont have to money to buy one, id there any other way to do it, liek wit a dremal or a drill?

OutlawEX
06-20-2003, 06:50 AM
Here is my polishing. Pm me if u need any done

06-20-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
Here is my polishing. Pm me if u need any done he asked for steps on how to do it, meaning he most likely wants to do it himself, he didnt ask for who polishes

OutlawEX
06-20-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
he asked for steps on how to do it, meaning he most likely wants to do it himself, he didnt ask for who polishes

Ya who asked for ur input :confused: . I offerd him something not u so c-ur way out:scary:

toby400ex
06-20-2003, 08:54 AM
ooo, i smell a cat fight:blah:

fasterz
06-20-2003, 09:03 AM
how hard is it to do the cases? i did the case on my blaster, but that was liek the simplist built quad ever. i have a z400 now and its way more confusing. is it the same?

OutlawEX
06-20-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by fasterz
how hard is it to do the cases? i did the case on my blaster, but that was liek the simplist built quad ever. i have a z400 now and its way more confusing. is it the same?

Its wouldnt be to hard to do on a Z. But the longer you take the better the finish in timely manner. If you have the right dremel bits and the right materials and can be pretty easy