PDA

View Full Version : should i...?

Flyin#3-1/2
06-19-2003, 06:23 PM
should i trade my 2000 banshee for a modded out 310R? i don't know the year or what's on it, it's my friend's mom's boyfriend's and all i know is he likes to mod the hell out of anything he can get his hands on! and he does a nice job of it too! so should i do it? i don't know if my dad would go along with it since he just bought my pipes and silencers...:( but if i tell him that it's a good trade i'm sure he'll do it.....someone let me know:D

blasterrider123
06-19-2003, 06:33 PM
hey it depends on waht year the 310r is. and how good of condition it is. but stick with the banshee because it is a 2 stroke just like the 310r and it has 40cc than the 310 and banshees hall some fuc*ing ***** so i would say stick with the banshee and mod it all out that way when you go to sell it if you ever do you will get more money out of it

Flyin#3-1/2
06-19-2003, 06:37 PM
yea but to mod out a banshee you have to have some SERIOUS money. and i'm pretty sure this 310R is already modded out. banshee's are just way too expensive for me....but hopefully i will have enough money to do some modding after i get a job in July....:( anyone think that i should get the 310R??

hessianmx111
06-19-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by blasterrider123
hey it depends on waht year the 310r is. and how good of condition it is. but stick with the banshee because it is a 2 stroke just like the 310r and it has 40cc than the 310 and banshees hall some fuc*ing ***** so i would say stick with the banshee and mod it all out that way when you go to sell it if you ever do you will get more money out of it
not exactly, youll never get out of it what you put in to it. i say keep the banshee cuz you know whats been done to it and how its been treated unless you can trust the guy with the R and really want it. are you gonna be doing any serious mx riding? i wouldnt get it unless you are. but thats just me.

blasterrider123
06-19-2003, 06:48 PM
hey i am with u hessianmx111
banshees are good for drag racing and trail riding and dune riding but not for mx if you are racing mx then go with the R but thats also just me talkin 2 if u notice i ride a blaster

"BLAHH"300!!
06-19-2003, 06:52 PM
can't really give a concrete answe man..
..You need to go look at this R'. Do the normal Chasis inspection, and ask him when the 310 was installed. find out when the last rebuild was and all that...ride it, give it a good "shake" to see if the bearrings and stuff are good..
...You can tell how well a person take's care of thier bike by how clean it is...unless he's at home right now on his hands and knee's.

If it were me, and both bike's were in about the same condition, i'd get the R, but thats me. (and over half the meber's here)

It's not the money that make's me not want a banshee,
It's the banshee...

..(to the first reply of this thread)..
Top speed isn't everthng...if it were,
...most of us would proly be on a tecate.

Let us know how everything works out...post us a pic of your bike, and the R...and give us a mod list for each.

BansheeRyder
06-19-2003, 06:52 PM
like the last dude said unless u are going to be doing so serious MXing then i would stick wit the banshee. But me personally i wouldnt trade my banshee for a R ever

Narly R
06-19-2003, 07:14 PM
Ok hold up! We dont even know what this r is like! It could be just a 310 or it could be a 310 w/Axis,Lonestar/houser/blahh blahh blahh!!! Get the mods of the r sunny!!! And what kind of ridden do you do? I mean if you trail ride and race and go to the dunes acasionally get the r but I dont know what you do so fill us in........;)

Flyin#3-1/2
06-20-2003, 03:36 PM
well this guy is someone who really likes to mod out his machines. he has like 3 artic cat snowmobiles that are modded out so much you would think it's a jet engine:huh ....and the kind of riding i do is lots of trail riding, occasional dragging (in a field against cars passing by and against my friends), i'm getting into freestyle jumping and stuff, and i want to get into mx racing and enduro maybe too. here's a pic of the shee (i have fmf fatty pipes and powercore2 silencers on the way)

blasterrider123
06-20-2003, 03:47 PM
hey nice banshee

quader400
06-20-2003, 04:17 PM
i say trade. unless you are a serious dune rider. the 310r in my opion would be way better than a banshee.

JATV250
06-20-2003, 04:25 PM
definitely trade. get rid of the banshee and get the 310R especially if you plan on mx racing and jumping.

RoadkillerRyan
06-20-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by JATV250
definitely trade. get rid of the banshee and get the 310R especially if you plan on mx racing and jumping.

yA
but i bet your pops will not want it once he finds out its like 15 years old, he will think its probably a POS and wont let you get it

JATV250
06-20-2003, 05:03 PM
first of all roadkill my pops has nothing to do with what i buy. second, the trx is a better quad for mx racing and jumping. if it's not modified it would be cheaper modify the 310 than it would the banshee.

Scott-300ex
06-20-2003, 05:03 PM
i am not going to tell you what to get but....................

if you do a lot of trail riding i would prefer the R because of the handling and suspension, and i heard banshees espesially are all the way or nothin, most 2 strokes are but i think banshees even extend the statement

for mx and freestyle like you said i would go w/ the R because of steering and suspension, the power is probably the same on both, but i don't know what is all done to either quads

good luck and tell us what you do

but ask your dad first and deffinetly take the R out for a test ride and see and ask what is all done to it so you know what is done to it and if it is right. and make sure you can get someone to buy your banshee so you aren't out the price of a quad

mx517
06-20-2003, 05:23 PM
if it helps i'm sellin my shee to buy an R

dj416
06-20-2003, 05:31 PM
i would get the R. like everybody else said, it handles better, faster on trails, jumps better, and IMO looks alot better (providing its been taken care of) not to mention come rebuild time u only got 1 pistin and 1 set of rings