PDA

View Full Version : any dunes near or in NJ

bootleg
06-19-2003, 04:50 PM
Are there any sand dunes near or in New Jersey. Please list if there are. Thanks. It would be helpful to give directions from North Jersey.

own2424
06-19-2003, 05:11 PM
I think the only REAL dunes closest to NJ is Silver Lake in Michigan...but I think there is a sand pit somewhere down in south Jersey.

kwatts400
06-22-2003, 06:58 AM
There is at least one, but I haven,t been there in over a year. The last time I was there, they were confiscating bikes and handing out big fines. Haven't heard about it recently though. Sorry, it was called p.g.s.

4wheelboy
06-22-2003, 10:48 AM
pretty much all of south jersey is sand. theres a place called saraco that has some dunes but u have you must be fast and park in a well hidden place like back far in the woods:( Do a search and im sure you will find info on it:blah:

danyeo
07-08-2003, 04:27 AM
Yes, all of SOuth Jersey is sand, but most all of it is illegal to ride on or private property. Best sand spot i have been to is in Jackson at Gliddens, or Claytons. That's where the famous Big Bertha hill is at, there are some really steep sand hills there. I went there 2 years ago a bunch of times but too many cops showed up and people kept getting hurt there. I had heard they were impounding bikes. Sarco is cool too, but again cops. Forked river is a really huge area but i have not been there in over a year since i was ticketed. I wish the state would buy out some old mining area and make a park like Tower City out of it. I know the Sarco area is 8000 acres and Forked River is probably 10 times bigger than that, the land is out there and most of it is sand, it's not like we will be ripping up bushes or carving up trees. If i ever win megamillion we will have a big sand park!!:D