PDA

View Full Version : Longest Jump on Quad

4Wheels
06-19-2003, 03:04 PM
Does any one know the furtherest distance jumped on a quad and who by?
Jz:cool:

Merriman
06-19-2003, 03:34 PM
Well I know my cousin jumped close to 150 feet a few years ago in the Baja 1000 race. It was on a long straight dirt road with a couple of large whoops in the middle. He estimated his speed at around 90mph 5th gear pinned, but he was only around 4 feet in the air :rolleyes: so he doesn't win the height award. Name is Scott Callen.

The 150 feet is only estimated since we didn't have time to step it out.

Let me add this too.....the road sloped down after the first whoop, so he traveled alot further than he should of, and wanted to.

Ryan
06-19-2003, 04:06 PM
I don't know the record, but if someone did it, its Matt (Kangroo) Coulter.

kxrider
06-19-2003, 05:59 PM
i dont know wat it is but its kanagroo kid that mug is crazy he hits boats and stuff, lol

D-4our
06-19-2003, 07:09 PM
the "official" record was set by Mat Coulter at around 153 feet but hes actually jumped around 200 feet. the step up he did in Huevos 1 was 180 feet

Narly R
06-19-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by D-4our
the step up he did in Huevos 1 was 180 feet

That was crazy!!!!!!! Thats the farthest Iv EVEr seen a bike go!!!:eek2: I will go big some day Im at the 90ft mark and counting!:D

Kangaroo Kid must hold some records.......?

D-4our
06-20-2003, 06:41 AM
the kangaroo is matt coulter

06-20-2003, 07:04 AM
Farthest on a quad is 83 feet on my old blaster.Farthest ive ever did on my bike is 118 feet.still going for farther too:D

zombie_17
06-21-2003, 11:48 AM
that kangarro kid is crazy. He flies so far it scares me.

QuadJunkies
06-23-2003, 02:35 PM
Troy missed a 95 ft step up by two feet:eek: I wish I had it on tape to show you ,an, did he case that bad boy:o This was with the Predator....Im going to make some short clips the nxt time at the track of two guys I know who have cleared it several times...:cool:

thejeepdude
06-24-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Troy missed a 95 ft step up by two feet:eek:

What happened to him? I'm so anxious to start jumping, but this scares the bejeezus outa me! :eek2: I mean how do you KNOW how fast to go to land the jump right? Experience. How do you get experience? Casing a 95 footer? I don't think my aging body can handle that! :p

kxrider
06-24-2003, 07:29 AM
well jeepdude, you gotta remember, start lil , and when u get big , its better to overshoot it a lil then to com up short a lil

jsyi
06-24-2003, 07:52 AM
Damn I'd probably **** in my pants if I tried going anywhere near that far!! Im barely at the 50 ft mark!

slosh13
06-24-2003, 09:22 AM
One of my riding buddies was at the Illinois national and jumped 130ft on the huge triple there. He said hes gonna keep trying until he gets the record. His name is Danny Burton and he won 4 stroke B last year.

RiPPiNiTuP7
06-25-2003, 10:11 AM
:o

F0URZER0ZER0
06-25-2003, 10:20 AM
dunk hit a 130 foot double at raush on his 310r

QuadJunkies
06-25-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by thejeepdude
What happened to him? I'm so anxious to start jumping, but this scares the bejeezus outa me! :eek2: I mean how do you KNOW how fast to go to land the jump right? Experience. How do you get experience? Casing a 95 footer? I don't think my aging body can handle that! :p He 's ok. he hit the bars pretty good, but nothing injured him or the quad ;) .He wasnt sure how fast to hit it either so he just went for it..........Guess he should have romped on it a little harder:o :p

Nausty
06-25-2003, 07:04 PM
What happened to him? I'm so anxious to start jumping, but this scares the bejeezus outa me! :eek2: I mean how do you KNOW how fast to go to land the jump right? Experience. How do you get experience? Casing a 95 footer? I don't think my aging body can handle that! :p

A lot of it just experience and if its a step up, step down ect where you can see the landing or have a lil time to react you can look ahead at the top of the landing or where you wanna land and just think about how much faster your gonna have to hit it to go that distance and it all tells you how to preload and throttle control.

mxdave28
06-29-2003, 05:41 AM
i know its not far but, Timm Farr has a 110' double at his new practice track that he had redone last summer, and i know this cause the guy that built it for him was at my moms house giving me an est. to build me a practice track :D there wont be any 110'ers ill tell yea that!

NTPRacing#19
06-29-2003, 07:47 AM
im makin an 80 footer at my track and it has a second landing thats 60 ft further and thats 140, i want to see if creech will do it if he comes up with walsh

QuadJunkies
06-30-2003, 03:48 AM
What happened to him? I'm so anxious to start jumping, but this scares the bejeezus outa me! :eek2: I mean how do you KNOW how fast to go to land the jump right? Experience. How do you get experience? Casing a 95 footer? I don't think my aging body can handle that! :p there was a guy who cased it this last wk end racing .He was on a 440ex and cut it short and he runs PRo class, well, he was clearing it several times.......but didnt today:eek: knocked him plum out and he ricocheted off it ,looked like he was going to do jumping lacks in mid air:p Hes ok but I swear he broke his chin. And I got it all on vidoe:cool:

thejeepdude
06-30-2003, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
there was a guy who cased it this last wk end racing .He was on a 440ex and cut it short and he runs PRo class, well, he was clearing it several times.......but didnt today:eek: knocked him plum out and he ricocheted off it ,looked like he was going to do jumping lacks in mid air:p Hes ok but I swear he broke his chin. And I got it all on vidoe:cool:

C'mon... get that video capture card goin and post it! :)

QuadJunkies
06-30-2003, 04:02 AM
C'mon... get that video capture card goin and post it! :) I have a few vids of them in the open section but not the one of him casing the step up, its on my camcorder:( I just bought a new didg one for making vidoes Sat. So you will be seeing alot more vids in the future:cool: ;)