PDA

View Full Version : ASR products ?

CHAUNCY
06-19-2003, 08:19 AM
Hey
I was wondering if anybody has any good or bad feedback on American Star Racing products ? I am thinking about getting a set of thier a-arms and was wondering how good or bad they are ?

JD400exrider
06-19-2003, 08:35 AM
I think for the money there are better options out there. Houser, Burgard. Never had any ASR products. I did just get some burgard a arms

Juggalo
06-19-2003, 08:37 AM
american star just plain sucks.

EvilJester400EX
06-19-2003, 08:41 AM
I agree with Juggalo.

I watched my friend this past weekend hit a culvurt as he was going onto the road, probably in 2nd gear? End result... right lower a-arm was torn off at the frame, also bent at the center. I'll have pics soon.

06-19-2003, 08:55 AM
go with houser or burguard

Juggalo
06-19-2003, 09:43 AM
they used to be last rebel racing but they had to change their name cuz they ripped so many people off.

tants
06-19-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Juggalo
they used to be last rebel racing but they had to change their name cuz they ripped so many people off.

:mad:

remlapr
06-19-2003, 10:13 AM
my buddy has their +2+1's on his craptor and he has had problems with them...

400extracc
06-21-2003, 08:25 AM
i juts got a set, they seem very durable. i haven't used them yet, but for the type of riding i do, they will be just fine.:D

bmw500hp
06-21-2003, 01:15 PM
just go ahead and hang them on the wall of shame beside the Cobra exhaust! :D

Black400
06-21-2003, 01:22 PM
I just bought some and they have lifetime warranty:macho

CHAUNCY
06-21-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Black400
I just bought some and they have lifetime warranty:macho

Do you have to have reciepts for it to be a lifetime warranty ?

Black400
06-21-2003, 05:32 PM
I havent gotten them yet:macho I just odered them:devil: But thats what they said lifetime warranty even if it is your fault if there is any structrual damage they will replace the a-arms:devil:

CHAUNCY
06-21-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Black400
I havent gotten them yet:macho I just odered them:devil: But thats what they said lifetime warranty even if it is your fault if there is any structrual damage they will replace the a-arms:devil:

Sounds pretty sweet. How much were your a-arms if you dont mind me asking and what were they (+2+1, etc...) ?

Black400
06-21-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
Sounds pretty sweet. How much were your a-arms if you dont mind me asking and what were they (+2+1, etc...) ?

They are +3 +1 (they are adjustable) for 519.00. I thought it was pretty sweet deal:eek2:

400extracc
06-22-2003, 02:40 PM
"wall of shame", ya what ever buddy!!!!!!! because i don't want to spend $1000 on a set of a-arms makes my quad shat??? the guy asked about what we thought of asr, not your 2 cents!!!!

and to anyone who wants to know, u can pm me, i have some pics. for the price they're good. i'm not a "RACER" so i don't see a point in spending $1000 + on a-arms for everyday riding.

:macho

416exmx
06-22-2003, 03:43 PM
I agree with him ^^^. half you guys flaming about ASR and how they are junk have prob. never even seen a set let alone have ridden on them. i used to have +2+1 and ran them hard and never had a single problem with them. and yes they had a lifetime warranty. Every a-arm is made the same way with the same tubing and are no different. The name is what you pay for with everything. No ASR cannot afford an 8 page ad in dirtwheels like roll design can but they only charge anywhere form $399-$599 for their a-arms unlike others. If the pros ran ASR then everybody would want some. This is just what i think.

Juggalo
06-22-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
I agree with him ^^^. half you guys flaming about ASR and how they are junk have prob. never even seen a set let alone have ridden on them. i used to have +2+1 and ran them hard and never had a single problem with them. and yes they had a lifetime warranty. Every a-arm is made the same way with the same tubing and are no different. The name is what you pay for with everything. No ASR cannot afford an 8 page ad in dirtwheels like roll design can but they only charge anywhere form $399-$599 for their a-arms unlike others. If the pros ran ASR then everybody would want some. This is just what i think.

ok pal, but your wrong. i do know what i am talkin about. i say if you can't afford a quality set of arms then you don't need some. there are other less expensive brands out there that are way better than crappy ASR. why not use those?

bmw500hp
06-22-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by 400extracc
"wall of shame", ya what ever buddy!!!!!!! because i don't want to spend $1000 on a set of a-arms makes my quad shat??? the guy asked about what we thought of asr, not your 2 cents!!!!

and to anyone who wants to know, u can pm me, i have some pics. for the price they're good. i'm not a "RACER" so i don't see a point in spending $1000 + on a-arms for everyday riding.

:macho

Let me remind you. My post, however taken, is not alone in opinion of ASR. Neither does what you choose to purchase or voice have any bearing on the quality of the ASR products or the value of.... So, why don't we get right down to what is important!

Alright then, since you are committed to ASR, can you first assure that in no way did ASR do business as or affiliate with "last rebel racing", a company that has been said to have changed names due to "ripping people off" in former posts?

Juggalo
06-22-2003, 05:23 PM
the companies are one in the same my friend.

bmw500hp
06-22-2003, 05:41 PM
you da man jugs :cool:

400extracc
06-23-2003, 12:40 PM
this is not about a-arms anymore. its about respecting other people's opinions.

and what does this mean " if you can't afford a quality set of arms then you don't need some."

what the hell does that mean???

so if this is the case, if u can't afford a quality quad then u don't need one. (400ex not being the best quad on the market, but affordable)

if you can't afford a nice, big house u don't need one

if you can't afford a fast sports car, truck etc... u don't need one.

listen man, your talking crap...and your pissing me off.
i signed up on this site to get to know my quad better and talk to people with the same interests. so i think this thread should end at this post.