PDA

View Full Version : Kfx400

Flyin#3-1/2
06-19-2003, 07:18 AM
What's the lowdown on KFX's? Any real big problems like the frame cracking on the Z? A friend of mine is thinking about getting one.

hawiianpwr
06-20-2003, 10:48 AM
Probably. There the exact same quad, the only thing different is the plastic

TroyLeePred03
06-20-2003, 01:16 PM
all the new z400s and kfx's on the showrooms and in crates now have new updated frames that dont have a cracking problem...it was just the first portion of the z's that had problems..the kfx's were put out after the fact so im thinking no kfx's will have problems and they are the same damn bikes so if u want the low down go to their website and look...or ask someone with a z400 go to z400central.com and check it out to see wat they are all about thats the first place id start after looking at zuki or kawi's site;)

Flyin#3-1/2
06-20-2003, 02:43 PM
yea i knew they were the same exact quad, i just wanted to know if anyone out there had one and liked it...or what other people have heard about them...good and bad....but n/m he ended up getting a 2003 Yellow 400ex.

Kirklandrock
06-21-2003, 04:09 AM
what did Kawazuki do to the frames to strengthen them???? Heavier tubing??? Gussetts????? Does anyone know??? I just sold my 01 YZ 250 and if they have addressed the frame problems I will go get one........ but if not I'm gonna wait for something else......

How bout it TROYLEEPREDATOR ya got any info on this topic????? Thanks guys

Ryan
06-21-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by TroyLeePred03
all the new z400s and kfx's on the showrooms and in crates now have new updated frames that dont have a cracking problem...it was just the first portion of the z's that had problems..the kfx's were put out after the fact so im thinking no kfx's will have problems and they are the same damn bikes so if u want the low down go to their website and look...or ask someone with a z400 go to z400central.com and check it out to see wat they are all about thats the first place id start after looking at zuki or kawi's site;)

My friend just picked up his kfx400 about 2 weeks ago, from the dealership. Do you think he should be problem free with the frame or the axle?

I was pretty pissed to watch him ride and notice a wobbling wheel. I checked it out, it looks as the axle or rim is somehow bent. Luckily he has warranty for the next 6 months so it will be replaced.

WalshKFX
06-22-2003, 06:08 AM
i got my kfx april 25, 2003 and and ive been have some problems.
i have frame stress makes, broken radiator mounts which called for a new radiator. i jump alot and get some serious air. also i have cased a couple of the rausch creek doubles. i think alot of the problems are caused by the stock suspension. my brother has the same machine and we got them the same day. he mostly rides sand pits and trails. if he jumps they are very small. he hasnt had any problems and no stress makes on the frame. so if your friend is not gonna jump majorly, then he will have no problem. but if he is gonna jump 40 ft tabletops like me, then there may be some problems.