PDA

View Full Version : cant get x-6 on...HELP!!!!

yellow400rider
06-19-2003, 07:07 AM
well i havent really sat down and given it a good go but i cant get this thing on. little wiggle here and there and just no luck. any advice or pics of the system installed?

also i hear u need anti-seize where the headpipe connects to the silencer. what exactly is it called and and where do i apply it?

thanks
joe

Ketch
06-19-2003, 07:33 AM
I did mine last week you do have to think about it . The clutch cable is in the way get it to the out side of the pipes that's on the head
pipe. You might what to get the air box out and the intake hose from the carb an air box out of the way so also wiggle the head pipe in place. And do use the anti seize on the joint too it well help it also to slide together.

06-19-2003, 08:45 AM
This is what i use for antiseize. :)

UglyMotha™
06-19-2003, 08:47 AM
wow how didja get it to stick to the fridge :huh

06-19-2003, 08:50 AM
it is a pain in the @$$ to get on but once its on it sure as he77 aint commin off

yellow400rider
06-19-2003, 11:46 AM
so is there some special trick? im really ----> :confused:

yellow400rider
06-19-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by QuadMX18
This is what i use for antiseize. :)

i assume i can just get some anti seize at my local bike shop? or is it something the dealer has?

06-19-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
wow how didja get it to stick to the fridge :huh

LOL Its a freezer. Its sitting on the top. :blah:

Giz400ex
06-19-2003, 01:42 PM
You can get anti-seize from a local auto store, napa ect..... I recently install a sparks and it went extremely easy but I also had to put the anti on the threads to bolt on the headpipe. I had more of a prob getting my LRD off versus putting the Sparks on!

lilpoppy
06-19-2003, 01:45 PM
You are more likely to find anti seize at an autoparts store. Just make sure it can handle high temperatures. As far as getting the pipe on there are 2 spots that kind of give you trouble, one is getting the head pipe in position which basically you just need to twist and wiggle it around until it slips in, and the second is getting the nuts to line up with the bolts. All I can say for that is just to tighten all of the bolts equally and if you are putting in new exhaust gaskets (which you should be doing) they are hard to get all the way in because they are tight so you kinda need to bash them in with the headder until you have enough room to get the nuts started. I'm not sure exactily where it is that you are having trouble getting the pipe on so I hope this helps.

cals400ex
06-19-2003, 09:33 PM
this pipe doesn't use a gasket between the header/silencer connection does it?

06-19-2003, 09:34 PM
no...it is a really tight and secure fit...that is all it is