PDA

View Full Version : Case Saver OR Stock Chain Guard

JD400exrider
06-19-2003, 02:57 AM
Thinking about getting a case saver. Looking at the Pro Design
one. Looks like good quality. I know some will only accept a 15 tooth sprocket which works for me.

I just want to know are they worth buying? Doesn't the oem chain guard offer the same protection against the chain busting the cases if it were to break? If not is the Pro Design any good. The oem guard stays off if running an after market case saver right?

Thanks for info.

RiPPiNiTuP7
06-19-2003, 03:43 AM
Definitely buy one! ;)

The Pro Design is much stronger than the stock one, so its well worth buying. To install it you much trash the stock unit.

06-19-2003, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
Definitely buy one! ;)

The Pro Design is much stronger than the stock one, so its well worth buying. To install it you much trash the stock unit.

chevy71
06-19-2003, 04:03 AM
Yea. I got the ProDesign and it looks good also. But, call me cautious, I noticed that the ProDesign didn't cover up the sprocket bolts and that made me nervous about my jeans getting caught.

What I did was just bend and cut a little of the original case saver and simply put that over the ProDesign. Now I'm a lot more at ease when riding.

James

06-19-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by chevy71
Yea. I got the ProDesign and it looks good also. But, call me cautious, I noticed that the ProDesign didn't cover up the sprocket bolts and that made me nervous about my jeans getting caught.

What I did was just bend and cut a little of the original case saver and simply put that over the ProDesign. Now I'm a lot more at ease when riding.

James

Get you some ridin boots and ya don't have ta worry about that...;) :D

400exBro
06-19-2003, 04:55 AM
i have the pro design case saver... the best thing money can buy, it is stronger then the nacs case saver ... deffently get one...

chevy71
06-19-2003, 07:05 AM
Rico your probably correct, but I don't competively ride like most of you guys. I have mine to ride around our farm so I don't really need them as most would..

But like I said, it was easy to fix so no big deal.

Later,

James