PDA

View Full Version : would it still be reliable

yellowrider
01-09-2002, 07:02 PM
hey i havent been here awhile...

i was thinkin about getting a stock bore.. will it give me any noticable power gains??

with it still be as reliably as it is now. which isnt all that relicable cause i am havin promblems with it!

also any other miner mods i oculd do to it with out modded the stock air box cause i love going through creeks.

to give you a idea waht i want......... ( i want speed in power and reliablity)
i was reading putting a 14 tooth counter sproket on ,
well i am thinkin about doing that.. only if a pipe and the stock bore with a light weight pistion will give me more power than i have now...

will that be possible?

Dave400ex
01-09-2002, 07:36 PM
It will still have very good Reliability. I would get a JE 416 Piston Kit and a XR400 Cam. You will be much happier with that than a Stock Bore Piston. Most of the guys on here have a 416 and I don`t think any of them have had a problem with that setup. I know Rico said all the parts cost like $300 from Marcum`s ATV. That`s what I would do.

yellowrider
01-09-2002, 07:46 PM
hey i dotn think that would be to reliable considering i have a 300ex.

sorry i didnt mention that

Dave400ex
01-09-2002, 08:11 PM
Sorry, you didn`t say. PM DannyDone. He just got a kit from TC Racing that is still the Stock Bore, but he said it is awesome.

yellowrider
01-10-2002, 04:17 AM
do you all have any idea what i should get? like what pistion who i should buuy it from and where i can find the best deals?

i was just to let my honda dealer put it on for me ... or less you al think that would be way to high?

Dave400ex
01-10-2002, 02:39 PM
Call TC Racing Engines. Tell him what you want to do and what kind of terrian you ride. He will tell you what to get. I would buy all the stuff from TC Racing.

Your Honda Dealer should be able to do it. I don`t know how many hours it would take them. You would have to ask.