PDA

View Full Version : for all you guys with polebarns.

Moded86R
06-18-2003, 03:04 PM
Currently we have a garage that is about 30/30.It is good sized.It fits two cars and still has a work area.The thing is I need more space.(get stuff out of the yard!)

I am wondering what size you guys have.I plan on using it mainly for storage.I am going to keep the garage the garage.

We have 2 lawnmowers,69 camaro,jeep,chevy 4wd truck,250r,300ex,(hopefully I am getting a ford 8n tractor this weekend)Plus I would like room to put car parts and other things in.How big of an area do you think I need.I have around an 8 thousand dollar budget to work with.(well my mom does anyway lol)

You guys got any pics of your polebarns?

p@iNn3ck
06-18-2003, 03:36 PM
my barn is 38x75.... 12 foot doors in front, flip-up overhead door in back, 2 regular doors (1 with a dog/cat door in it :) ) 2 horse stalls (now used for quad parking), tractor (w/ 5ft deck & front bucket), 3 riding mowers, push mower, work room, used to keep the horse trailer in there, & tons of storage.

Too dark to take pics now, but I'll see if I can get some tomorrow.

BTW, are you wanting a cement floor? cause that'll eat up a lot of that budget.

Moded86R
06-18-2003, 03:41 PM
Yeah cement floors are a must.

We went and looked at a car for my little sister.And the guy had an awesome polebarn.Very nice.he said it cost 20,000 to build.He gave my mom the # to the place that built his.We are going to call him tommorow and see if we can't get a bid.

p@iNn3ck
06-18-2003, 03:47 PM
20000 - 8000 = you need mo money
:D :D

Moded86R
06-18-2003, 03:50 PM
We definitly don't need what this guy had.His was finished almost like a house!It had drywalled walls.The whole deal.He had 6 cars inside of it and there was still plenty of room for more.

I think his was 40x65 or something like that.Pretty big.I will get some pics if we go back there.

killed300ex
06-18-2003, 03:53 PM
yea i dont think that 8000 is going to cut it i would say you want someting like 40x 40 at least to fit all that stuf but just some hints to make it a little cheaper use the metal roofing and use that for the sides and rof its much cheaper than regualr siding and shingles also dont use the higest quality wood and shop around many places ones highest quality lumber is someones 3nd quallity and you can get it cheaper at that place. Shop around big time and you will be surprised how much you will save. BUt concrete floors do eat the budget away quick with 8000 i would make concrete floors maybe as a future addition as you save up some money
killed

hondaracer31
06-18-2003, 04:05 PM
If you get the metal roof, I hope you don't want to be in there when it's raining! It will be LOUD!

p@iNn3ck
06-18-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by hondaracer31
If you get the metal roof, I hope you don't want to be in there when it's raining! It will be LOUD!

Naw.... aint that bad. We've got a metal roof, and 1 corner came loose, now that is loud in a storm... flappin and bangin... used to drive the horses nuts!!lol