PDA

View Full Version : YFZ ride review

sickmojave
06-18-2003, 08:59 AM
ride review from Kory Ellis link (http://********.com/evaluations/yamaha-yfz-6-16-03.htm)

sweet300ex
06-18-2003, 09:04 AM
it sounds like he liked it alittle too much....

Ben
06-18-2003, 09:23 AM
I feel like I just read a Dirtwheels article :eek:

Honda4trax250x
06-18-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by sweet300ex
it sounds like he liked it alittle too much....

yeah i dunno how can something be THAT good

UglyMotha™
06-18-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Ben
I feel like I just read a Dirtwheels article :eek:

LMAO, ain't that the truth :confused2

Nausty
06-18-2003, 09:41 AM
sure does seem nice though. I know a guy who should be getting one in the next couple days too. Hopefully he'll let me ride it!:D I know if I was him though I pry wouldn't let anyone ride it unless I reallly trusted them and knew them well.

Seems like a modern day 250r.:D Step up honda!

Tommy 17
06-18-2003, 09:42 AM
we better go check the tailpipe for a white substance after readin that article...

i like how u can put a kick start on it... thats a pretty cool option i think...

infantry317
06-18-2003, 09:42 AM
I heard a mostly positive review yesterday from someone in the know. :cool:

06-18-2003, 09:54 AM
Here goes exriders own Cody Anderson racing the other guy on the new fourwheeler..

Ryan
06-18-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by sickmojave
ride review from Kory Ellis link (http://********.com/evaluations/yamaha-yfz-6-16-03.htm)

Sounds good enough to me! I want one :D .

tants
06-18-2003, 09:59 AM
it seems like yamaha is paying him to say all the great things about it...

mabe it is all that great,,, just the way the words are put togather makes it sound like "GOD"

...well all see when they start hitting the race tracks

Glow Plug
06-18-2003, 10:26 AM
snif sniff i smell a pay of lol, so Kory you've never heard or a moto? :rolleyes:

remlapr
06-18-2003, 10:28 AM
11.9:1 compression?? If compression is compression, why does everyone say to not go higher then 11:1 with a 400EX on pump gas??

Glow Plug
06-18-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
11.9:1 compression?? If compression is compression, why does everyone say to not go higher then 11:1 with a 400EX on pump gas??

it's because you will need a higher octiane fuels like 100 +

MOUSE
06-18-2003, 10:54 AM
anyone want to buy my 02 400ex with a bunch of goodies :D

remlapr
06-18-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
it's because you will need a higher octiane fuels like 100 +

Nice try Glow - but they aren't going to put out a quad that needs race fuel off the showroom floor. It even states in the other story on the site that it uses premium...

wilkin250r
06-18-2003, 11:20 AM
wow, it IS like reading a dirtwheels article. It's almost enough to make you sick with all the goody-goody, kiss-@ss, positive BS he's slingin about that thing. He should go into used-car sales...

Do you think he's hurtin for cash?

Glow Plug
06-18-2003, 11:30 AM
Nice try Glow - but they aren't going to put out a quad that needs race fuel off the showroom floor. It even states in the other story on the site that it uses premium...

what about a cannondale? Those has 12 point something or other (can't remember right now) right off the show room floor, What about any competive dirt bike?They pretty much need race fuel or a mix of race fuel and pump gas off the show room floor. If you want to run for a longer period of time.

Dan_Guetter
06-18-2003, 11:31 AM
seems like theres a few greens involved in that article......

id say the same stuff though!!!

trx400ex
06-18-2003, 11:37 AM
I have an 11:1 400ex and i have to run 110 or it will knock like a mofo...

hessianmx111
06-18-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
what about a cannondale? Those has 12 point something or other (can't remember right now) right off the show room floor, What about any competive dirt bike?They pretty much need race fuel or a mix of race fuel and pump gas off the show room floor. If you want to run for a longer period of time.
i cant say anything about a cdale but this guy i ride with has a yzf250 and runs pump gas and it runs great

forum
06-18-2003, 12:08 PM
i believe everything he said, I highly doubt they paid off kory ellis. For once a company actual spent time designing an atv. i agree dirtwheels is full of BS but ******** . no way. He admits that in stock form its not impresive. Maybe you guys just don't wanna believe it cause your 400ex's that youv'e spent countless dollars on arnt half as good.. Hey i wanna believe its ****y too. I just spent alot of money building a machine with the same engine. now they release one!. But believe me this is going to change atv racing forever. and Im not just saying that cause scene said that. Its true. Stop licking hondas Bum and admit the yamaha is better. Now all im waiting for is honda to release a crf quad with an aluminium frame hopefully before jan. Cause thats when im buying somehting. and if honda doesn't have on out thats better then im buyin the YAMAHA.

Str8Wicked
06-18-2003, 12:13 PM
To bad I have to much money wrapped up in my 400 already.....

lol

Now how does this thing compare to a Raptor... Thats what I wanna know...

310Rduner
06-18-2003, 12:23 PM
)ive heard that with all of the titanium valves and such it will be able to take a raptor on fairly easily.. throw it on an mx track and you'd never see the raptor i imagine.

this sounds like a sweet quad, and i also doubt that Kory was bought off to say that.

i dont know what it is that makes you guys think its impossible for yammi to actually finally make a bike better than a 1998 released.. unupdated sohc air cooled quad?

i dont find it too hard to believe.. and count in the fact that they used the same engine many others stress over trying to find to do the exact same thing that Yammi did...

by the time you throw in the aftermarket frames, shocks, anbd everything else this quad will be a sweet ride..

just a 4 stroke 250R im starting to think...:eek2:

( i didnt say it was better than a 250R tho:p )

ohh.. and dont flame me for that.. its just my opinion...400 is still a great bike.. just in stock its nowhere as competitive to this new Yammi.. :grr:

QuadTrix6
06-18-2003, 12:41 PM

A 400ex is air cooled so u cant go that high on the compression before u need higher octane. Liquid cooled quads can go much higher compression with less octane. :cool:

hawiianpwr
06-18-2003, 01:18 PM
Trix is right

bansheeguy77
06-18-2003, 01:20 PM
quadtrix that is what i was going to say. forum i agree with you. i really doubt he was payed off. but like it was said it is like the modern day 250r. hes probably really happy yamaha stepped up to the plate and released a competitve race quad...then when maybe suzuki (im not saying honda cause i doubt hondas balls) will release a race quad yamaha or some1 will have a full contengency program and sponsored riders so people buy their quads. that is the best thing our industry could ask for. so whenever 1 of the manufacturers sponsors a rider we should owe it to yamaha for getting it going.

JHF219
06-18-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
wow, it IS like reading a dirtwheels article. It's almost enough to make you sick with all the goody-goody, kiss-@ss, positive BS he's slingin about that thing. He should go into used-car sales...

Do you think he's hurtin for cash?

I dont think he was bought off i believe the stuff written in that article but to some extint i believe hes trying to work a sponsorship with yamaha what do you thinK ? hell he was the first pro racer to put thier YZ400 motor into a chassis i have that article still so in all reality i would say hes got a good chance of getting sponsored by them !!

Anyone remember when tim farr was running a yamaha ?? he was sponsered by GYTR !! how many knew that ?!!

Guy400
06-18-2003, 02:15 PM
I'm not doubting that the Yammy is quite formidable but I think that article was summed up when Kory said, "I'd like to be sponsored by Yamaha..." Kory said these same types of things when he started racing for Team Nacs/Cannondale a year ago. I don't think Yamaha really paid him to say it but Kory flat out said he'd like to be sponsored by them. You sure don't land factory sponsorship by saying, "This new Yamaha is an average out-of-the-box racer. It's nothing my Moto wasn't." I can't speak for how the Yammy handles but to say it's got the best stock suspension of any quad ever made is laughable. Does Kory forget about the Moto? He's saying that the single spring, progressive rate shocks on the YFZ are better than the long travel, dual spring Ohlins on the Moto? When's the last time your PEP, Elka, TCS, Works or Ohlins came back from a revalve and your triple springs had been replaced with a single, progressive rate spring?

I believe this is going to be a great quad but you've got to look past some of this ***-kissing. And I'm not saying this because I've got an EX. If I wanted this thing I'd run down to the dealership and drop the cash for it. Simple fact is I got burned by a first year Yamaha once, I'm not going to be a guinea pig again.

Guy400
06-18-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally stated by Kory Ellis
I was really impressed that they actually built it for racing. I never heard an OEM mention the word "racing" and "track purposes" before, that got me really excited.LMFAO...does he already forget the Cannondale he was racing? The Blaze and Moto were specifically dubbed 'racers' by the Cannondale factory and stated as much on the Cdale website.

Taco
06-18-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
LMFAO...does he already forget the Cannondale he was racing? The Blaze and Moto were specifically dubbed 'racers' by the Cannondale factory and stated as much on the Cdale website. You mean the Pegasus:confused: :confused:

lil400exman
06-18-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Taco
You mean the Pegasus:confused: :confused:
no the purple panseies series:blah: i dunno i will red ym r for a few more years:o