PDA

View Full Version : Fullbore for the Predator..

QuadJunkies
06-18-2003, 05:01 AM
Im really anxious to see the look and colors of fullbores line up for the Predator.Has anyone seen it yet? They told me awhile back it would be out in June...Any news would be great... Tina .:)

QuadJunkies
06-19-2003, 07:24 PM
anyone??:( sigh.I guess Ill just have to wait a little longer.......

jamiesel
06-19-2003, 08:26 PM
I went there and saw them working on it. I doubt it will be done this month, we will see...

"BLAHH"300!!
06-19-2003, 08:41 PM
That pred looks Evil man..
..you say you've seen the prototype fullbore?...i'm sure they kept the basic fender design, but did they make it look any better?
(like the 'shee..same design, but with a little plstic over the shock mount )

QuadJunkies
06-20-2003, 05:35 AM
I heard it comes in alot of different colors ,even the clear plastic for custom painting :blah:

"BLAHH"300!!
06-20-2003, 09:33 AM
ahh...see now ya' bullchitin'.
..quit playin'

TroyLeePred03
06-20-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by "BLAHH"300!!
ahh...see now ya' bullchitin'.
..quit playin' wat the **** is your problem?...jeff at fullbore told me they r taking their time he realy didnt kno wat to do for a design keep it similar to stock or something different...i cant wait to see it too...i wanan get a rear set since my rears got cracked when the mount broke in a race...holding up good i didnt do anything to it and u cant really notice the crack...fender wobbles a little but nothing major just an excuse to buy a new set of fenders..lol..quadjunkies hows the pred going?im going to make a post of a few new pics of mine:D

QuadJunkies
06-20-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by TroyLeePred03
wat the **** is your problem?...jeff at fullbore told me they r taking their time he realy didnt kno wat to do for a design keep it similar to stock or something different...i cant wait to see it too...i wanan get a rear set since my rears got cracked when the mount broke in a race...holding up good i didnt do anything to it and u cant really notice the crack...fender wobbles a little but nothing major just an excuse to buy a new set of fenders..lol..quadjunkies hows the pred going?im going to make a post of a few new pics of mine:D ITs running awesome!:blah: I cant wait to slap on a CDI box . Im gonna shoot for one next month.. I may go out to the local track on Sun and take a few pics of it to post in action.....So have you heard anything on how much that Eldebrock Carb is gonna run in price yet????? I would like to get the Trail tech pkg for it too over the summer:) .. I cant wait to see some pics get em up!!!:cool: . I think the colors for the fullboe were red,blue, black and yellow and clear???:confused: Im just dying to see the design of them .......

TroyLeePred03
06-21-2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
ITs running awesome!:blah: I cant wait to slap on a CDI box . Im gonna shoot for one next month.. I may go out to the local track on Sun and take a few pics of it to post in action.....So have you heard anything on how much that Eldebrock Carb is gonna run in price yet????? I would like to get the Trail tech pkg for it too over the summer:) .. I cant wait to see some pics get em up!!!:cool: . I think the colors for the fullboe were red,blue, black and yellow and clear???:confused: Im just dying to see the design of them ....... no i havent gotten prices from daryl yet he is a lil slow sometimes and kinda forgetful...dont get me wrong he makes great products and the finished work is almost flawless and he ships stuff out pretty fast...im thinking of calling to see if his cdi box and edelbrock setups are up yet because id like to get my hands on the cdi at least...the stock BSR is a nice carb and really in my mind id rather dump some more into the motor like new valves, springs, higher comp. piston, i also was seeing daryl said he would build me a 440 motor if i wanted.....we r working with polaris since im planning on running the NEATV-MX circuit next year and i would like to try open class but id rather be in a production class or a 250 class and see how i could compete with it...let me know where u get your stuff and how much id like to see someone with the stuff before i get it since ive bought a lot of first produced things..lol..all my rath stuff was like 2nd off the line after his quads...lata~TLP

QuadJunkies
06-22-2003, 04:31 AM
no i havent gotten prices from daryl yet he is a lil slow sometimes and kinda forgetful...dont get me wrong he makes great products and the finished work is almost flawless and he ships stuff out pretty fast...im thinking of calling to see if his cdi box and edelbrock setups are up yet because id like to get my hands on the cdi at least...the stock BSR is a nice carb and really in my mind id rather dump some more into the motor like new valves, springs, higher comp. piston, i also was seeing daryl said he would build me a 440 motor if i wanted.....we r working with polaris since im planning on running the NEATV-MX circuit next year and i would like to try open class but id rather be in a production class or a 250 class and see how i could compete with it...let me know where u get your stuff and how much id like to see someone with the stuff before i get it since ive bought a lot of first produced things..lol..all my rath stuff was like 2nd off the line after his quads...lata~TLP Im REALLY interested in the Vortex just need to get a link and contact them to but it. I asked a few that had it, but never got a reply it.w the link? ITs a little spendy but in the need for one .wish I would have had in time for my duning trip....:( I will let ya know of anything new.....hehe, I know how ya feel, we were first to do our K&N set up and 3rd for the Trinity pipe......:)

WalshKFX
06-22-2003, 05:58 AM
hey tina in the july 2003 dirt wheels mag, on page 226, there is a ad for fullbore plastics for the predator and other models. colors are blue, yellow, red, black, orange, chrome, silver, and white.

QuadJunkies
06-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Crazy300EXMan97
hey tina in the july 2003 dirt wheels mag, on page 226, there is a ad for fullbore plastics for the predator and other models. colors are blue, yellow, red, black, orange, chrome, silver, and white. Ill go check it out..Thanks;) any pics of the Preddy on that page????

WalshKFX
06-22-2003, 01:16 PM
no it was only the z400 raptor and banshee

TroyLeePred03
06-22-2003, 01:29 PM
Im REALLY interested in the Vortex just need to get a link and contact them to but it. I asked a few that had it, but never got a reply it.w the link? ITs a little spendy but in the need for one .wish I would have had in time for my duning trip....:( I will let ya know of anything new.....hehe, I know how ya feel, we were first to do our K&N set up and 3rd for the Trinity pipe......:) ya i only have the drop in k&n i have no problem because im still running stock exhaust with removed spark arrestor...polaris said they were just taking the screens off for racing i just removed the whole end cap for now since i put it on to ride in sound sensative areas....once i get the LRD full ceramic i might go to the clamp on.....where did u get the k&n? and hows the trinity holding up?...i cant wait to see wat hot seat performance is making for the predator their scrambler stuff was good i had the powervalve 440 cylinder from them and the exhaust and it made the scrambler haul major ***..well for a scrambler:D

QuadJunkies
06-22-2003, 04:03 PM
ya i only have the drop in k&n i have no problem because im still running stock exhaust with removed spark arrestor...polaris said they were just taking the screens off for racing i just removed the whole end cap for now since i put it on to ride in sound sensative areas....once i get the LRD full ceramic i might go to the clamp on.....where did u get the k&n? and hows the trinity holding up?...i cant wait to see wat hot seat performance is making for the predator their scrambler stuff was good i had the powervalve 440 cylinder from them and the exhaust and it made the scrambler haul major ***..well for a scrambler:D ITs holding up really good thanks...:) I caleed up K&N to make sure it would fit, then ordered it through my local dealer, I have a frined who also put it on direct with his WhiteBrothers, but hws not happy with the pipe ,but he liked the direct carb. I dont think hes running at peak perfdormance though,he had no float bowl Adj. and man.....it needs it even ours in stock form was off a tad bit. On all the whoops it would sputter and cut out, now it doesnt so it anymore,but it does REVs out alo faster.After the TRinity set up and dropping a tooth,the torque and bottom end is MUCH better... ;) I think I found the Website for the CDI. Its 399.99:eek: GULP.:confused2 ......Other than that, it did blow out the screen last wk end drag racing:o .But I called up Randy at Trinity and he shipped me out another one for free and had it in three days. He said that happens alot on some pipes and ours is pushing some serious air, so they may go with a heavier dty screen in the future..... I saw Hot Seat Performance in the DW mags..I cant wait to see what all they put out for this beast.....:cool:

jsyi
06-26-2003, 02:10 AM
My quad is finally done. Got it back and here it is. The Edelbrock carb will be available in two kits. The twist trottle kit which will run for around 500 hard earned ones will include the dual trottle cables and the twist throttle housing. The thumb throttle kit will run for around 450 hard earned ones and will include just the throttle cable but you will need to purchase a thumb throttle housing for a LTZ400 in order to run this kit. *it does not include the thumb throttle housing* The kit will come with the size 15 needle. For bottom end torque they found it produced the best numbers with a w/b silencer w/ 12 endcaps and a K&N drop in filter. If you are to use an open silencer such as the HMF it produced around 5 ft/lb less than the w/b. The 12 endcaps created more back pressure being the reason it produced higher numbers downstairs. Expected time to be available is in August. So just sit tight people:)

QuadJunkies
06-26-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by jsyi
My quad is finally done. Got it back and here it is. The Edelbrock carb will be available in two kits. The twist trottle kit which will run for around 500 hard earned ones will include the dual trottle cables and the twist throttle housing. The thumb throttle kit will run for around 450 hard earned ones and will include just the throttle cable but you will need to purchase a thumb throttle housing for a LTZ400 in order to run this kit. *it does not include the thumb throttle housing* The kit will come with the size 15 needle. For bottom end torque they found it produced the best numbers with a w/b silencer w/ 12 endcaps and a K&N drop in filter. If you are to use an open silencer such as the HMF it produced around 5 ft/lb less than the w/b. The 12 endcaps created more back pressure being the reason it produced higher numbers downstairs. Expected time to be available is in August. So just sit tight people:) Two questions for ya.... Ive been keeping up with your postings overat Predatorowners, I was just wondering ,do you think in your opinion for the price all this is worth the extra money???I C you did say it added some good torque, but was just curious .Also, how do you like your Turbo paddles?:blah: Damn,. I wanted to get a set soooooooooo bad andthey were on back order for 6 weeks, so I gave the Roosters a try.was a joke now ive got Extreme Haulers on the way.Ive got the Turbo paddles on my 400ex and totally love them.....Im stiil going to get a set I think

jsyi
06-26-2003, 08:00 AM
I see it as all mods help piece by piece for later mods. But if your plans are to just add a pipe and filter then I think it would not be worth the money. I think 500 hard earned ones can be spent on other things like the cdi. The turbo paddles are *****en. I compared them to an old set of skat traks and the turbo paddles "feel" better on the Preddy. They bite real hard. I noticed the biggest change when going from a ****ty paddle (sand geckos) to the turbo paddles. Hauling *** through the whoops after I changed the paddles the turbo's made my front end continuously come up through all the gears vs the sand geckos which made me do ****. trying to race up comp was just pure crap cuz it was more like digging a hole for me unless i started in 3rd. with the turbo paddles I can jump the line and keep a wheelie up the hill through my gears:) Best bang for the buck IMO

jsyi
06-26-2003, 08:36 AM
Oh ya and I forgot to say the Edelbrock carb is a 38mm carb

Brad
06-26-2003, 04:09 PM
anybody got pics of the fullbore yet?

QuadJunkies
07-23-2003, 04:32 AM
..time to give this thread a bump...Any word ??? I posted the question about the plastic on there website but havent heard nothing yet..I C one guy say the plastic was crap:grr: ........Anyword when its coming out..It should have been out a month ago..........I cant believer NO ONE is coming out with a new set of plastic for the Predator yet......:confused: or vinyl graphics!!!!:mad:

Brad
07-23-2003, 05:59 AM
..time to give this thread a bump...Any word ??? I posted the question about the plastic on there website but havent heard nothing yet..I C one guy say the plastic was crap:grr: ........Anyword when its coming out..It should have been out a month ago..........I cant believer NO ONE is coming out with a new set of plastic for the Predator yet......:confused: or vinyl graphics!!!!:mad:

yeah, when i was concidering getting a pred the 1st thing i had in mind was graphics, i found that no one had come out with them, but i heard Rath racing was gonna be the 1st...still no word tho:huh

*EDIT*

QuadJunkies
07-23-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Brad
yeah, when i was concidering getting a pred the 1st thing i had in mind was graphics, i found that no one had come out with them, but i heard trinity was gonna be the 1st...still no word tho:huh really??hm I may have to give TOny a call,would be cool to have a since I have there pipe:D .OR...MAybe I should try to come up with a custom set instead..

Brad
07-23-2003, 06:10 AM
really??hm I may have to give TOny a call,would be cool to have a since I have there pipe:D .OR...MAybe I should try to come up with a custom set instead..

im sorry i was on the trinity site thats why i typed in trinity...haha

but the correction is rath racing:blah: ive heard info that they will be the 1st:D i know they do alot for the pred as is

but anyways, how do u like the pipe?

QuadJunkies
07-23-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Brad
im sorry i was on the trinity site thats why i typed in trinity...haha

but the correction is rath racing:blah: ive heard info that they will be the 1st:D

but anyways, how do u like the pipe? very pleased with it thanks;) If sponsorships work out as planned,will be getting that Vortex hopefully soon and a few other mods:)