PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning product that I found, and it works good too!

oynot400
06-18-2003, 03:18 AM
I was cleaning up the Gas Gas last night after our trip up to Wisconsin over the weekend. That Wisconsin mud residue is hard to get off with out rubbing every little spot. So I was trying a few different products to see if it helped. I found some stuff called Crud that I had laying around. I sprayed it on let it sit for a few seconds and hosed it off. It worked great! :D It lifts the dirt and grim off the motor and frame. Be sure to wet the quad down first and just spray it on. I was amazed. I will warn you that the fumes are a little harsh, reminds me of Super Clean.
Give it a try, you should be able to find it at your local auto parts store. ;)

06-18-2003, 03:21 AM
whats the bottle look like? and is it real harsh on aluminum plastics or electrical?

oynot400
06-18-2003, 07:56 AM
It is a white bottle and says Crud on the side. I did not notice any effect on aluminum or on the plastic. I did not really try it on the plastic since I was more conserned with the motor, frame and swing arm. I really wish I had a digital camera to show you the difference of before and after.
The neighbor use it on his KFX 400 swing arm to take chain wax residue off. It made it look like new. :D
On really heavy grease areas it don't work the best, but engine degreaser works good on that. ;)

06-18-2003, 03:15 PM
Good info...I"ll give it a try for sure...

400exrules
06-19-2003, 07:44 AM
ya my dad hsa some of that stuff, its GREAT, it wil clean ANYTHING, mold too. its called Krud Cutter or Crud cutter, not sure about the spelling

"BLAHH"300!!
06-19-2003, 12:05 PM
....how well do you think it'll work on a dated motor?
mine's 96, you know the "baked on dirt"..think it will cut through this?...my motor has some pretty ruff oil stains on it from when my rings were gone, it's all in the cooling fin's, and in the little cracks that i can't really get too...

i'm not having too much trouble keepin my frame clean, but my motor looks pretty ruff ...
..what product should i try?....is there an acid i could use to eat the stains off?

Big400EX
07-04-2003, 04:25 PM
Pressure Washers work great too, all you do is spray... No effort to it!

4TraxRider
07-04-2003, 06:24 PM
We fill our pressure washer up with carb cleaner in the winter, and blast the frame and engine, cleans it right up. DONT start it right after, because its very flamable, but it takes everything off of the engien and frame. Get parts cleaner liquid in a 5 gallon pail. I woldnt try it on plastic either, I think it dulls it and isnt very good for it at all.

RoadkillerRyan
07-06-2003, 03:09 PM
i use brillo pads they take more effort but probably work the best on engine, swingarms,ext, they come in a box with like 10 pads and are pretty cheap

ryanh250ex
07-29-2003, 04:24 AM
i once used wd40 on just about every metal part of my quad, engine, oil cooler, exhaust, header, frame, a-arms, EVERYTHING.... and a few days later when i went to start it up it almost caught on fire :eek2: :eek2: :huh :eek2:

bigfoot300ex
08-02-2003, 08:15 AM
gunk automotive engine cleaner works great but i would only use it on the engine

SGA
08-07-2003, 05:14 PM
Greased lighting and castrol super clean works good for removing baked on mud and stains.

08-07-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by bigfoot300ex
gunk automotive engine cleaner works great but i would only use it on the engine thats what i use...$0.75 for a huge aerosol can...I use it on everything with a scrub brush & it works great!

08-09-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
thats what i use...$0.75 for a huge aerosol can...I use it on everything with a scrub brush & it works great!

I wanted to get the gunk engine cleaner but how safe is it. It says dont spray on rubber, electrical, plastic, pretty much everything. does it work good? What is it gunna damage?

08-09-2003, 07:53 AM
i have now been using it for a while & all my friends ask why my 400ex still looks like when i bought it...its cause this black engine cleaner stuff from wal mart....its amazing & really cheap..hasn't messed anything up on my 4 wheeler yet...:huh