PDA

View Full Version : Maier brand fenders

Graveyard
06-17-2003, 11:22 PM
Hi,
Has anybody purchased any rear or front fenders from Maier plastics, specifically "white"? Are they a dull finish or a glossy finish? Did they fit all right? I've seen some on e-bay...the red looks nice but I can't really tell what the white ones look like, also in the dennis kirk catalog the blue looks like crap. Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks

YLW400
06-18-2003, 12:50 AM
I bought a set that Pappy had , that were brand new. They are a glossy finish. The fit absoutely sucks in my opinion. Unless they improve on the fit, I think the next stuff I get will be either stock again, or Fullbore. I can post pics for you tonight, if you want.

RideRed400StYlE
06-18-2003, 12:56 AM
I have white maiers.. I didnt have too much trouble with them. the initial installation takes a little bit to get everything all lined up. my plastics were the old dull style I bought off of someone on this sight. Fullbores are too expensive and I like the looks of stock headlights that why I went with these. and for the price you cant go wrong because if you wreck you dont need $200 just to replace the fronts like fullbore JMO!
I will post a picture in a lil bit I just gotta scan one

QuadJunkies
06-18-2003, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by YLW400
I bought a set that Pappy had , that were brand new. They are a glossy finish. The fit absoutely sucks in my opinion. Unless they improve on the fit, I think the next stuff I get will be either stock again, or Fullbore. I can post pics for you tonight, if you want. I totally agree with you on this one...... I love my silver maier,but was a beeitch to put on and oesnt fit properly.M ine will be fullbore for me

Str8Wicked
06-18-2003, 05:05 AM
My black ones were a pain to line up but they look great and hold up good... Beats paying over 500.00 from fullbore... Definitly worth the price...

QuadJunkies
06-18-2003, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by Str8Wicked
My black ones were a pain to line up but they look great and hold up good... Beats paying over 500.00 from fullbore... Definitly worth the price... mine are sturdy but only after doing a few small minor adj. to it..... if I knkew fullbore was put together better.....I would think it was worth the extra money ..Anyone heard if fullbore has ther line up out for the PRedaotr yet? Im dyin to get a set....:cool: :D Str8wicked~~~hows the black color working for ya? any problems with scratches showing really easy? and dirt showing more? IO REALLY wanted black but like black paint, I was thinkin I might have this problem..Sure looks good though!:blah: