PDA

View Full Version : 425 on the way

Blackguywithouta400
01-09-2002, 01:13 PM
The power bug bit me hard today! I ordered my JE 88mm Piston 425cc 11:1:1 compression. I also plan on having the Flywheel lightened too. I hope these mods will compliment the DMC exhaust and XR Cam I have right now. I haven’t ridden a 400 other than my own so I really don’t have any idea what kind of gains I will see or if I will even like it. Right now I really like the power it has it does great 3rd gear wheelies and good top end speed. I guess I just want to be able to do 5th gear wheelies now. Or this summer really fly across the dunes. I want the quad to be the best built XC race machine I can. I like to ride the trails a lot, so that power in every gear is important to me. I opted for the 425 than the 416 because I feel it will offer more torque and should rev pretty fast its self. I’m trying to find a happy median between the Hi revs motor and Hi Torque monster. Also It seems that I will be in search of a good gear ratio for this motor. So if any of you out there have a 425 and can give me some type of info on this, I would really appreciate it. :devil

01-09-2002, 01:24 PM
Well Guy I've never ridden a 425 but if you've never rode a modified 400ex then you got one heck of a good thing comin buddy,,you'll look like this on your first ride.:D I can't wait to here your first response out here when you take your first ride,,you talk about full of chits and giggles..

TrX465
01-09-2002, 01:30 PM
good luck with the 425........hopefully everything works well ...have fun

Tommy 17
01-09-2002, 01:58 PM
o man u ain't comin out to pa now i don't want beat:D haha... so kendrick u been talkin about this 425 for awhile now and u finaly got it... u will love it i can't wait to ride it too:D TOMMY

badass400ex
01-09-2002, 02:37 PM
thats pretty much how i decided on the same setup but i only want 10-1 i also was curious on gearing and jetting would a 40 pilot and a 170 main be the hot setup? also what size pilot without the choke? what kind of power gains will i gain from eliminating the choke? i dont want to fork out the 400 bucks on the fcr right now but mid season i will! just trying to get by for now! where did you get your parts from? how much? je or wiseco

Dave400ex
01-09-2002, 03:13 PM
I want to know what you think of it.