PDA

View Full Version : Help Help

MOOCAZEN
01-09-2002, 12:04 PM
WHAT GOOD IS A 10 INCH REAR TIRE FOR, I GOT A SET OF FREE RIMS BUT SHOULD I TRADE THEM, LET ME KNOW ASAP?

oynot400
01-09-2002, 12:40 PM
I believe it is so you can have a tall tire with a short side wall. That way you will have less tire roll. I am 10" rims for flat track.

01-09-2002, 12:47 PM
The only thing 10 inch rims are good for is as oynot400 said,,flat track and maybe stadium series races with small rolling jumps,,I wouldn't want them in the woods or a mx track,,but I think i have seen people use 10's with paddle tires in the sand.

MOOCAZEN
01-09-2002, 12:48 PM
SO THEY WOULDNT BE GOOD FOR CROSS COUNTRY OR DESERT RIGHT?

MOOCAZEN
01-09-2002, 12:49 PM
HELP ASAP I NEED TO KNOW FAST RICO GO TO THE CHAT ROOM PLEASE

01-09-2002, 12:49 PM
I"d have to say NO,,but I guess if you put like 22 inch tires on them then they wouldn't be so bad.

oynot400
01-09-2002, 12:53 PM
I am not sure, they will raise the ground clearance a little more. A taller sidewall tire should ride a little smoother, just another thing to think about. Check the tire that you want to run and see if they even offer it for a 10" rim.

MOOCAZEN
01-09-2002, 12:55 PM
K&K SENT ME THE WRONG ONES, I HAVENT RECVD THEM, BUT I TOLD THEM WHAT I WANTED THEM FOR AND THEY SENT ME SINGLE BEADLOCL, BUT HYPER ONLY MAKES 10 INCH IN SINGLE BEADLOCK, I CALL THEM AND THEY GIVE ME THE RUN AROUND THAT THEY CANT SEEM TO FIND WHAT THEY SENT ME, AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD CHARGE ME 20 % RESTOCKING FEE, WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THAT!!! I'VE CALLED THEM LIKE 6 TIMES AND THEY SAY, WE HAVENT HAD TIME TO LOOK, AND ON THE SLIP IT JUST SAYS HYPER RIMS, MAN IM REALLY UPSET, I CALLED HYPER AND THEY WOULD SEND ME THE RIMS FOR FRIDAY, I NEEDED THEM TO DO A RACE THIS WEEKEND, BUT K&K MESSED IT ALL UP!!!!

01-09-2002, 01:15 PM
IT seems like I've heard this type of thing before with K&K racing...somebody orders something,,they screw up and wanna charge the customer for their mistake,,hmmmm,,makes me wonder about this place. So hiper only makes 10 inch fiber rims for the rear??

MOOCAZEN
01-09-2002, 01:39 PM
I JUST SPOKE TO HYPER THEY ARE MEAKING ME A SPECIAL SET AND GETTING IT TO ME BY FRIDAY, K&K SAID I CAN RETURN THE REAR WHEELS, IT WAS THERE MISTAKE, BUT THEY DIDNT KNOW IF THEY ARE GOING TO CHARGE ME THE RESTOCKING FEE OR THEY WOULD GIVE ME STORE CREDIT, BUT THAT 130 OUT OF MY POCKET LOST ALREADY IM FRICKIN PISSED OFF, IT SUCKS LIVING OUT HERE IN THE WEST COAST I CANT DO ANYTHING, I GUESS I LEARNED MY LESSON, OH AND I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE RETURN SHIPPING, HAHAHA

01-09-2002, 01:41 PM
I run 10" rear rims with my 22" XCT Holeshots for cross country, this helps eliminate the tire flex in turns. My justification was having a 9" rim for 20" tires made sense to go to a 10" rim for 22" tires. Make sense?

Moocazen, I would recommend having the dual beadlocks in the rear!!:macho

oynot400
01-09-2002, 02:30 PM
It seems to me that K&K only take care of the customers that are in driving distance. They screwed me on my FCR. :grr
They are the worst that I have dealt with yet. I have heard of people around here getting the same treatment. I will never do buisness with them again and will discourage anyone else from going there.

Scott
01-09-2002, 02:46 PM
RICO:

I think what he meant was Hiper only makes the single-sided beadlock for the rear in a 10". Dual beadlocks for the rear come in several sizes. My cousins are 11x9's.