PDA

View Full Version : step-by-step

300extreme#8
06-17-2003, 01:21 PM
well if anyone who hasn't read my last post i broke my toe so it will be bout a week or so before i try the superman and i was wonderin if everyone could kinda talk me through every step of doin the superman,i don't have a big jump and i need to do it right and really quick and not get my boots or legs caught up somewhere while doin it, if you could post some pics maybe it could help me on how to position myself in the air.i'm kinda afraid i'm goin to lean to far forward when i throw out my exten.,well thanks any pointers will help.

Fast250EX
06-17-2003, 03:08 PM
All I can say is you got balls for even thinking about trying a superman.:D

Someone should make a freestyle ATV sight with a how-to for each manuever. That would help out a lot and keep guys from seriously f***ing themselves up.

I hope you don't bail! Good Luck, I wish ya' the best!:cool:

trueblue450
06-18-2003, 07:16 AM
First do a nac nac...... with right leg..

then do a nac nac with left leg.. get both sides down one at a time..
then when you get the feel of bringin you legs back try it half way..
then keep extending them back slowly. each time try to bring it back further..

i would bring my legs back around the quad not over the quad.

just progress with you tricks.. don't try to throw one the first time you hit the jump. take your time.!

(by the way, ive never pulled a superman so good luck)

Ex_Rider43
06-18-2003, 07:32 AM
yeah is it better to throw the legs over or side by side.

I think its to throw them over by jumpig on the pegs and then to extend the legs for the superman...

hessianmx111
06-18-2003, 10:18 AM
when i try them on the ground on my utitlity what i do is jump off as hard as i can and suck my legs up into my chest and throw em back as quick as i can and pull myself forward on the bars to get it back. good luck

06-18-2003, 10:37 AM
There are a couple to a few ways you can attempt them.The way i always did it when i had my blaster would be 1.Start like a no-footer only get your legs out as far as possible then throw them back so they dont hit or grab on the fenders then when your ready to get back on open your legs wide again and pull your legs back up to get back on. the second trick is to cut your rear fenders...well just trim a couple inches off so they arent as wide so it is easier to get your legs back without having to open your legs too far...this trick is more aimed for less flexible people.All i have to say is just DO NOT....get your foot stuk in the grab bar becauise if you do about 2 out of 3 times it will either break it or fracture it.If you have a quad with a removable grab bar I suggest taking it off until you can get your legs extended out far enough to stay out of the grab bars way. Right here is my disclaimer for nyone who gets hurt trying it :D

Honda4trax250x
06-18-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by 300extreme#8
well if anyone who hasn't read my last post i broke my toe so it will be bout a week or so before i try the superman and i was wonderin if everyone could kinda talk me through every step of doin the superman,i don't have a big jump and i need to do it right and really quick and not get my boots or legs caught up somewhere while doin it, if you could post some pics maybe it could help me on how to position myself in the air.i'm kinda afraid i'm goin to lean to far forward when i throw out my exten.,well thanks any pointers will help.

wow all i can say is good luck!:eek2:

300extreme#8
06-18-2003, 11:18 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fast250EX
Someone should make a freestyle ATV sight with a how-to for each manuever. That would help out a lot and keep guys from seriously f***ing themselves up.

hey that is a good idea for the rest of this thread list your best trick and explain step-by-step on how to do it,i think i got the superman figured out so wish me good luck,

quader400
06-18-2003, 11:59 AM
not my best but i have it down good. the nothing. what you do is practice taking both hands off in the air and then grabing the bars again before you land. then do an no footer and bring your feet back to the pegs before landing. then when your ready take your hands off and then your feet or feet then hands (i like to do hands then feet. do what ever feels more comfortable. and for the first few just do littles ones and grabe back on and bring your feet back. if you let go for too long or if you push back you might find your self drifting back. as soon as you feel your self drifting back grab your bars or you might land on the grab bar on might even fall off the back of your quad. so thats how to do the nothing. good luck.

300extreme#8
06-20-2003, 06:17 AM
well since no one else is postin how to do tricks i guess i will,well this might sound stupid but i call it the one footed can tire touch,well i'm better doin cans to the left side of the quad so do it to what ever side you feel better with,practice bringin your right leg or left leg over the gas tank and bringin it back then practice using your left or right leg (the one that is not goin to go over the gas tank)and bring it forward and lay it on the tire in the air(also this may not be a good idea to try if you don't have shaved fenders) then when in the air bring your leg over the gas tank throw it out to get the exten. but at the same time as your other legs tapps the tire.yea i was bored one day and came up with it.but it might sound stupid but when you see it ,it is a cool lookin exten. in the air

06-20-2003, 07:14 AM
I forgot what it is called but they are alot easier on a quad than a bike:devil: it is just a superman but you rotate from your waist down so your ends of your boots are pointing up.i think its called like an indian air or something but do just like i described earlier on how to do a superman and just get enough nerve to twist the lower part of your body.there is no trick to it.Just dont twist too quick or you might start to roll.and just twist back.its best to practice this kind of stuff off of a step up jump....or a jump with a steep takeoff and lands flat on the top:eek:

kxrider
06-21-2003, 05:13 PM
it is easier on a bike, i've never don it to any extent but on the bike all u got to do is kinda jump back, on a quad u gotta go over the fenders........but one tip is if your gona do it, do it dont do it half *****, and get hurt, jus go for it

bone705
06-30-2003, 12:12 PM
whats a good amount of air to have to try heel clickers and and can cans???

kxrider
06-30-2003, 06:15 PM
i've done heel clickers on 40ft gaps about 10ft high wiht eas just depends on how fast u do it

Dan_Guetter
07-01-2003, 07:30 AM
step by step

for some reason "New kids on the block" came to my head:eek: :scary:

07-01-2003, 10:51 AM
if u need step by step instructions how to do one i dont think your ready, just take your legs and kick em out behind you...easiest way to see what it will be like is just do them off a lil single with a small landing and do em and land knees on the seat to get the feel