PDA

View Full Version : Hows YOUR local bike shop?

Narly R
06-17-2003, 10:51 AM
Man I get sooo frustrated with our Honda shop in Roseburg Oregon!:mad: I call them for parts all the time and they HARDLY ever have them!!! And there all a** holes!!!! I get soo mad sometimes and once my dad was going to get either a grizzle or kodiak and he was ridden one to see what they were like and the owner freaked out and got all pissed at him! They dont know ANYTHING either, there's like 1 new guy in there that looks half decient the rest look like druggies!!! They dont look or act profacinal AT ALL!!! It makes me mad cause sometimes I need a little part like a sprocket (which I just called them about) and they didnt have one! I mean I can get more parts for my honda at the kawasaki shop then at the honda shop!! I want my dad to buy some property and get a bike shop going cause it would be SOOO easy to put that poop hole outa buisness!!!:grr: But one of these times Im going to go off on them!!!:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

So I rate our shop at like a 3-4 outa a 1-10 scale 1 being they have 1 bike and just a couple emploies and 10 being ya know like freakin awsome they know how to work on bikes and get in done in like 1-2 days!!!

So what do you rate your bike shop??

CHAUNCY
06-17-2003, 11:10 AM
The closer one is prolly a 5 and the one a little further is like a 9 or 10. Nice people and they give us a nice discount while the closer shop has unfriendly workers that dont know what they are talking about:ermm:

Stevie-D
06-17-2003, 11:14 AM
i got 2 of em within about a mile of each other. one is a polaris,buell, harley dealor, and the people there are just like yours are...i called one day to see if i could get an oil filter wrench through them, and the guy i was talkin to said that it would cost $45!!!...i then went to A&A auto and bought one for $11.99:p

then theres the good dealor...has honda, kawi, yamaha, arctic cat, harley, etc... those guys are great. i have a friend that works there. those guys are really cool..

the polaris dealer would rate at about 4, and the other about a 7 or 8:D

batgeek
06-17-2003, 11:17 AM
Narly,
my brother-in-law goes to that one in Roseburg...he's always complaining about them, but its the closest one to him. i finally got my sister to buy a computer so he can now get stuff on-line.

sweet300ex
06-17-2003, 11:22 AM
Our local Honda shop has 3 workers, 2 bothers and a sister. They are complete a**holes, my friend went there to get an axle fixed, and they wouldnt tell him how they did it because they wanted them to come to them again if it broke. Theyt are all just lookin for $$$. I went there to look at an exhaust and they bassicaly said they are all junk and a Honda stock one is better, They had WB and FMF there. I hate them so bad, if you dont buy something when you go, they hold a grugde with you

remlapr
06-17-2003, 11:23 AM
The closest Honda dealer to me is pretty cool - they don't really have anybody that rides quads though, but they are all still good guys and they stock a ton of parts - they have yet to NOT have something in stock that I needed, I would give them a solid 8

Narly R
06-17-2003, 11:26 AM
^ hey your bro-in-law is in Myrtle Creek right? Ya there a bike shop in there but they have one worker and it HORRIBLE!!! Ya thats the deal with me we usually get stuff at the coast when we do ridden there but somtimes I HAVE to go to rodeburg!!! Nobody likes roseburg (there bike shop). i just wish I could get a bike shop going to put those greedy basterds outa buisness and to make everyone happy!!!

Theres a old grocery store in winston that would be PERFECT for a shop!! I want to get hooked up with uppracing in a shop too if we were to get one going! But it would be hard for us to get one going caus it would be exspencive but Im going to try real hard to get the farther persuaded!!! I would even sponser exriders!!!:D :D

DEAL
06-17-2003, 01:22 PM
I go to a kawi/yamaha dealer that is 5 mins away from me, They treat me really well.
The nearest honda dealer is 30-40 mins away, I only go there when I need OEM parts.

Woodsrider
06-17-2003, 01:52 PM
I do every thing my self that way I have no one to blame but me if it brakes down. plus I dont trust anyone else;) If I need parts, I try to plan ahead, and order them at cycle gear, if I need it right away I'm screwed just like everyone else:( Nobody stocks chit here trying to save on inventory taxes.:grr:

GETSOME
06-17-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
Man I get sooo frustrated with our Honda shop in Roseburg Oregon!:mad: I call them for parts all the time and they HARDLY ever have them!!! And there all a** holes!!!! I get soo mad sometimes and once my dad was going to get either a grizzle or kodiak and he was ridden one to see what they were like and the owner freaked out and got all pissed at him! They dont know ANYTHING either, there's like 1 new guy in there that looks half decient the rest look like druggies!!!

Man I really feel for you. A big hellow at to my buddies in Corvallis, OR who frequent our honda shop.

Half the time the guys behind the counter are so bloodshot red-eyed stonned that you get horrible service.

One of the guys is a real burnt out old hippie and likes to throw little girl fits when he is looking up parts on the computer.

They don't even do their own in house bore work. They send it out to an old pro machiniest in Corvallis. Now I just take my stuff directly to him instead of having our honda shop be the middle man.

Baley69
06-17-2003, 02:01 PM
Man, I feel for you guys. My local shop is kick ***, I bought my bike there so I get a discount, and I went there yesterday they had the jets I needed for my rejetting (165 Main, 42 pilot) which is very hard to come by for a shop. I'll give them a big 10, and now that I think of it they have everything I have bought for my bike. Its cyclecountry of salem if anyone was wondering :)

MOFO
06-17-2003, 02:04 PM
TRUE STORY:

I walked into a Honda shop that was near my house at the time. I went to the parts counter to get some stuff for my oil change. Well, I asked the guy for the washer on the oil tank. He gave me a strange look and was not sure what I was talking about. I told him I could show him on the display model in the showroom. When I pointed to the oil tank, he asked me why I was needing that washer if I was just doing the oil change. I gave him a strange look back and said I replace it after every two changes....he then looked back at me and said, you never mentioned you were changing the cooling fluid. :huh

I started to laugh and figured he was making a lame joke... well, he wasnt. After I explained to him the quad WAS air cooled and that the "radiator" as he explained was the oil cooler, I left and never went back. I figured this was my good deed for the year...not leaving that guy so clueless.

This was back in '01....

Fast250EX
06-17-2003, 04:04 PM
LOL!! Coolant... that is freakin hilarious!

My shop is great! I bought my quad there and am glad. He is always a joy to talk to and it seems I learn something everytime I go. He works fast too. I was having problems with my float getting stuck and I had crap in my jet. I dropped it off and they cleaned my carb out and fixed me all up with a fresh fuel filter and called me 45 minutes after we dropped it off telling us it was done. They had about 5 quads back there to work on too.

Plus, before I got my 250EX, I was looking at this 300EX out there. He knew I never had too much experience with a clutch but I asked him how the 300EX runs out there. He just calmly said, "Runs good, go take it for a spin." I did everything from huge powerslides on the gravel to wheelies and put it back where it was and they never said a thing to me other than that I asn't too bad with the clutch. Its a very friendly shop and I love going there. They don't have as much 250EX stuff as a few other quads but thats understandable. They are willing to order anything I want anyway.

He even has a nice 400EX for $3495.

I give my shop a 10. Everything is great! I love it.

Honda4trax250x
06-17-2003, 04:05 PM
they is only one honda dealer by me and they arent too good

they are not very knowledgable (sp.) and it takes forever to get the part you need

Plante400
06-17-2003, 04:28 PM
The Bike shop near me is Awweessome! they sell every type of bike along wiht dirt streey scooter and T-rexes, pretty kool, i knwo alot of the guys there they all have R's and they race, one of them is rebuilding my 350X. I trust him:p

06-17-2003, 05:31 PM
Theres a local dealer Honda + Zuki just few miles away that I used to visit every so often for parts etc but since they have seemed to stock only oil filters and plugs for the EX and take a few days longer to get in parts than I get them from SVC Honda and then they charge over list for the privlige of waiting I dont even bother anymore unless I need to check out something on the new model etc because they do have a decent bike inventory.

Since there is a smaller repair shop/parts dealer about 10 mi away that stocks more OEM honda parts and sells them for less so I tend to buy from them when they have it in stock.

Otherwise its mail order etc.

Narly R
06-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Well thats good to hear that your bike shops are better than ours well atleast some of them!:mad: :ermm:

zzbudzz
06-17-2003, 06:40 PM
they're pretty slack! one guy is ok.the rest are losers

brif
06-17-2003, 08:23 PM
We have several dealers around that are good, but the one that gets all my money doesn't sell any of the big name brands new. They just sell used and some new kids quads. But heres the best part they mostly deal in sport quads. They usually have several different brands of pipes in stock for about everything. They usually have most things in stock at a fair price and they know their stuff. And the fact that their shop rate is $40/hr doesn't hurt either. I'd rate them a 9 just because 10 would be perfect on your scale and no place is perfect.

L.Vegas400
06-17-2003, 08:29 PM
i needed some part for a zuki, so i went to the yama/zuki shop, got my part and needed my chain broke from 120 to 114 links. one of the shop guys said all his techs were too busy to break a chain, but he was bsing with the parts girl. so i bought a $30 chain breaker:mad:

the honda shop i got to is real friendly, helps get parts when i need them and i dont know about the service part, cause i do all my own work.

86350x
06-17-2003, 10:12 PM
When I bought my first new bike, a wr426 at stevens in baycity I thought at first it seemed like a decent place. They don't have much knowledge on the bikes or setup. Virtually none on hop ups either. They don't like to help you out much when your looking for something. There is one lady in her 40's that seems to know what she's talking about. The others would rather just stand around and bs with eachother or Stand outside and smoke cigaretts. I decided to say piss on my warranty and unkork my bike right away. Even if it blows up I'll never take it back there. The blonde sails girl in her 30's likes to try and flirt with you, but is a real air head, and every guy worker there has a mullet.

Our local honda shop in elkton is about a 7. I deal with harbor beach power sports. I get discounts,and know my mechanic well. He has all kinds of build up experience with 400ex's banshee's, warriors, 300ex's, 250r's all different dirtbikes and snowmobiles. He can quote me before hand on how many hours it will take to do something, and has never screwed me over. Every bike, and snowmobile I've had built up by him is still going and turned out great. They also sell gas powered rc car's, boats,ect, lawn and marine equipment.

edgerat
06-18-2003, 04:15 AM
NarlyR try St. Johns Honda in PDX. I know it is a trek but they have LSR axles and all kinds of shat on the wall for the hardcore sport quad guy. The suzuki dealer in my area is awesome but the Kawie dealer the Honda dealer and the Yamaha dealers all their heads up their bums.
Isaac

jcv400ex
06-18-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by sweet300ex
Our local Honda shop has 3 workers, 2 bothers and a sister. They are complete a**holes, my friend went there to get an axle fixed, and they wouldnt tell him how they did it because they wanted them to come to them again if it broke. Theyt are all just lookin for $$$. I went there to look at an exhaust and they bassicaly said they are all junk and a Honda stock one is better, They had WB and FMF there. I hate them so bad, if you dont buy something when you go, they hold a grugde with you

You don't happen to live near Brockway do you? ;)

jcv400ex
06-18-2003, 04:28 AM
Yeah, my local bike shop is pretty good. They seem to know what they're doing. The owner is REAL cool too, he rides a Cannondale even....:rolleyes:

RoadkillerRyan
06-18-2003, 04:28 AM
my honda shop has to much dirt bike **** and to little quading stuff, but we do have some nice aftermarket stuff there

sweet300ex
06-18-2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
You don't happen to live near Brockway do you? ;)
yes i do!!! thats the shop im talkin about!

stace609
06-18-2003, 05:55 AM
our local shop is pretty cool. we got both our bikes for around 900 under retail because they match prices. they always have the stuff we need, and they let us return a couple things, no questions asked. when we bought our last bike the sales guy gave me a free hoodie cuz i wasn't getting anything. we always get between 10 and 15 percent off on anything we buy since we got the bikes...

Jekyl_22
06-18-2003, 07:25 AM
Yeah, our Honda shop DOES suck. But, I really like the Suzuki shop. I always take my bike there and get parts there. They are way cool to me.

There have been a few occasions (jets and transmission oil) where I didn't have enough money and the employees put up the money for me. I hung out there almost every day after school the last few weeks. They let people watch riding movies and everything. They may not have a whole lot in stock, but they are always nice to me and give me discounts.

They said that they didn't have any sprockets for a 250r? I'm pretty sure that either the Honda or the Suzuki shop does, did you try them both?

Narly R
06-20-2003, 06:40 AM
Well maybe I needs to try the suzuki shop i never go there but Ill go there today, I just tried the Honda shop!:ermm:

I never new that the suzuki shop was like that!:uhoh: :muscle:

Jay300ex
06-20-2003, 07:26 AM
The area where I live is pretty good on service and parts. I think it's mostly because we hold a lot of National MX stuff at a local track. The local Honda shop I would rate a 10 for many reasons. It's family owned for one, and has many college educated mechanics. They do a lot of dirt bike sales but they have everything. I would have to say though that the best part is that my sister's ex boyfriend is the head mechanic there and I have known him for 5 years. He is friends with Ricky C and Jeremy M, both he has introduced me to before. He is also a good fabricator, he went to school for welding and he knows how to build those kick *** choppers, along with alllll the engine work imaginable.

Oh, and I work at the shop too ;) I am the grunt boy for now, changing fluids, cleaning carbs, changing tires ect.. But I had to start somewhere, and I goto college for it all next summer and by then I will be one of the big boys ;).

It's definatly a 10.

Jay

sickmojave
06-20-2003, 07:39 AM
Heartland honda is 5 mins from me and they are GREAT. I can't say enought about them.they work hard to make people happy. I don't even ride a honda yet. soon I hope. last time I was there they broke down 2 tires for me and didn't charge me anything. the kawi shop wanted $20.

toomeyshee87
06-20-2003, 08:16 AM
we have this place called Action Sports and it sucks sooooooo bad, me and MNmxblaster37 got kicked out and they dont know what there doin at all. just ask Wired about them. he'll tell ya

EvilJester400EX
06-20-2003, 09:17 AM
My local Honda shop is awesome. It's not a very big shop, but the guys that work there are great. Everytime I go there, the minute I walk in the door, one of them speaks up and says "Hey Brett". The service is great there too. Even better.. they'll order any part you want (LSR Axle, a-arms, frames, etc) from other places and they pay shipping. :macho No more worries with shipping prices. The main mechanic is really good with his work. He does mechanic work for his buddy at the races. He knows the 400ex like the back of his hand. I give my local shop a 10.

crap-banshee32
06-20-2003, 09:28 AM
my local shop is BALDWIN MOTORSPORTS, hehe, aint i lucky!!!

Bill Fuller
06-20-2003, 11:38 AM
Hate 'em only go ther if I have to.Service Honda for me!!

QuadTrix6
06-20-2003, 12:14 PM
my local shop is the worst the guys prepped my quad with 87 octane and too light of a weight of oil i was new to quading but i still questioned it and they were like we know what were doing, next quad i get im getting bone dry and ill add all the fluids myself, they know nothing about quads and when i go in there for a part they try to sell me all this BS crap that i don't need, i hate dealers there full of BS :mad:

speed_demon21m
08-04-2004, 08:48 AM
Hudson valley cycles, If you want to get screwed over call them!!

***My Experience from Hell trying to buy a brand new bike from HUDSON VALLEY CYCLES!! ***

I recently purchased a brand new 2003 Kawasaki Zx 636 from Hudson Valley Cycles. When I arrived to pick the bike up they were more than willing to take my check, but when it came to helping me with the loading preparations for the two and a half hour drive back to my house I wasn’t thrilled.
When I got around back to the loading area there my bike stood. The proud feeling of being the new owner of a sport bike was unbelievable. Before we loaded it onto the truck I noticed that there was no solo seat cover with the bike, so I asked if it came with one. The man then said, as in wonderment, “oh you wanted that??” and sent his crony off to find it, as if I had just paid $8,000.00 for a bike that is missing pieces! They then helped me push my bike onto the truck and told me that I needed a different harness to hold the bike, and that it would fall over if it wasn’t properly tied down, handed me my seat cover and to my surprise he then turned around and just walked away. I guess once the dealership had their money and the bike was off their property it wasn’t “their problem any more.” What great service, I think a used car dealership helps their customers more than that. I wish it was over here, but no unfortunately for me there is a lot more.
After walking inside and explaining that this was my first motorcycle, that I had never tied a bike down before, I was told that I didn’t have the right equipment for the job and I explained that I needed some HELP. The salesman pointed me towards the parts counter, and there I patiently waited for ten minutes. When my turn finally came up I told the man behind the counter what I needed, and for my first born he sold me the straps that I had to have. I then explained again to the parts person that I had never tied a bike down before and he told me he would send help out. Feeling a little better I went outside and waited and waited; all the time struggling to make no advancement for another 20 minutes.

Finally my friend who had come with me to help with the driving, went inside and asked, the same salesman who I had asked, for help and the most he could do help was to tell her “all you had to do is ask!!!” Understandingly not at all very happy with this drawn out extravaganza and calmly told the man that “I”: her son had already explicitly asked for help many times… so the man said that they would be right out.
When the two associates came out it was like neither one had ever done this before, but at this time I was happy for ANY help that I could get. One of the guys hooked one side of the harness that was tied to the bike and then waited for me to crawl around under the truck to hook the other ends and then the one side left that needed to be attached to the bike.
Wow I thought that this experience would never end, but it doesn’t because when I had traveled ¼ mile down the road I look back to see that the strap that the employee had attached wasn’t even attached all the way and was about to slip off. I got out of the truck and fixed the problem.
When I finally get home I found out that the bike was missing a nut on the shifting linkage. Great I had that fixed. I took the bike for a ride out to town and then back to my house. I got a whole 54 miles on it and it didn’t seem to want to start, but what do I know I’ve never owned one before. I didn’t get a chance to ride it till the middle of the next week, and by then I had to go to a conference for work down in the city for a few days. I couldn’t wait to get back up and ride my bike. Finally I got home and went out to go for a ride… Nothing, what the heck, fine maybe the battery was low when I got it, so I pulled the seat and to my dismay; saw that under the seat was full of old dried out leaves and a lot of the wires were chewed apart. Not being very happy my mother called the dealership and told them what was going on with my ONE WEEK OLD bike. The dealership then told her that it was her problem! and "KAWASAKI WON'T DO ANYTHING!!!" My blood now starting to boil as I am now stuck with a bike that the dealer won’t live up to and fix and I can’t ride.
What can I do??:mad: :mad:[B]

redroost85
08-04-2004, 09:12 AM
The Honda shop close by....about 25 minutes away, sucks absolute ***.:grr: It is like this mom and pop store that is very small, they only have a few models of anything on display. The prices are friggin outrageous. They are a HONDA shop...but yet they carry very few HONDA parts.....uneffing believable!:mad: They can't be counted on for chit.....then they try talking down to ya like you don't know chit about anything.....for crying out loud I have to explain everything to them azzclowns!

There is a Honda tech there that isn't too bad...and has helped me out before and that I appreciate.:)

The other Honda shop that is about 50 minutes away is probably the best Honda shop I have ever been too. They know their chit, have everything you could ever want, don't act like azzes, and the prices are respectable..............Gollan's Honda, Warren OH:D Those guys are the best!

JR3
08-04-2004, 09:25 AM
i use 2 local shops country cycles and trapani racing they are good but if u no people like me they are even better:)

Mxjunkie
08-04-2004, 11:07 AM
im sorry to say this but, almost every honda shop around here sucks, the one closest to me took 3 weeks to get a couple parts for my cr80, Also, their prices are just insane, they want an arm and a leg for anything!, its a shame that they have hondas and hondas name at their shop, the guys that work at them are complete idiots and they dont have a clue what they are doing, at one shop they take the 450s and run the piss out of them "testing" them, its such bs i cant stand the dealer ships around here:mad:

Florida400EX
08-04-2004, 11:30 AM
Well, theres about a total of 4 Honda shops within 45 minutes of me, and they are all expesive out the ***. Then there are another 10 or so shops, that service any brand, and most of all of them are great. Theres always somewhere to take my quad.

Berry
08-04-2004, 01:01 PM
around here if your a stranger and bring somthing in to get fixed, it will take a few months. well i bring my old 400 in to get a new swingarm put in, was done the next day. just because i know everyone :rolleyes:

FF1O5
08-04-2004, 03:20 PM
If your ever in honesdale,PA check out rusty palmers,best dealership in the country,I dont even have to see the rest to belive it.

Jingle 11
08-04-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by sickmojave
Heartland honda is 5 mins from me and they are GREAT. I can't say enought about them.they work hard to make people happy. I don't even ride a honda yet. soon I hope. last time I was there they broke down 2 tires for me and didn't charge me anything. the kawi shop wanted $20.

Yeh dude heartland is soo much cooler than action. I go to action cuz its close and they give me deals, but i know most of them. Heartland gave me free jets when i was jetting my bike and gave me like 15% off of my fox chest protector they are cool. rainbow is also cool its right across the street from lowes in rogers if uve never been there. but i know the manager really good.

sportraxrider10
08-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by redroost85
The Honda shop close by....about 25 minutes away, sucks absolute ***.:grr: It is like this mom and pop store that is very small, they only have a few models of anything on display. The prices are friggin outrageous. They are a HONDA shop...but yet they carry very few HONDA parts.....uneffing believable!:mad: They can't be counted on for chit.....then they try talking down to ya like you don't know chit about anything.....for crying out loud I have to explain everything to them azzclowns!

There is a Honda tech there that isn't too bad...and has helped me out before and that I appreciate.:)

The other Honda shop that is about 50 minutes away is probably the best Honda shop I have ever been too. They know their chit, have everything you could ever want, don't act like azzes, and the prices are respectable..............Gollan's Honda, Warren OH:D Those guys are the best!

gollan's is where i got my four wheeler and all my parts....i used to go to sharon before they took 10 minutes to find the right oil filter

jvd182
08-04-2004, 07:44 PM
i have three dealers within a 15- 40 minute drice cycle stop is way to pricy , 1 is an all yamaha dealer (cant go there) and the best 1 is hollink the fartest away we get discount because we have always bought from them since i had a 50 dirt bike. we got the same 300 there for 400 bucks less than cycle stop plus they gave us more for our trade ins. only bad thing is they charge alot 2 put stuff on( who doesent)

wvspeedfreak
08-04-2004, 07:54 PM
When I was in the market for a 450r I went to a local dealer to check one out.When I asked the salesman I could hear it run he said "not right now,the battery hasn't been installed yet".When I told him they were kickstart he said "oh yeah,well...they don't have any fluids in them yet".Needless to say I bought one elsewhere.

08-04-2004, 08:20 PM
my local dealer is awesome they tell me the truth everytime i talk to them. the other honda dealer about an hour away are a bunch of dicks. i phoned them asked if they had a twist throttle in and they said yes for $30 the next day i go there they have one in but its for 70. man i was pissed

SGA
08-05-2004, 12:26 AM
We have one honda shop in our town and it is a joke. A rundown dump of a place. I swung by there Sat (I knew better) to get a oil filter for the 400EX. "Uh, we dont have that one in stock". It was raining outside and I had to keep moving at the parts counter so I would not get wet from the roof leaking.

Then I went over to the only Yamaha dealer in town and they keep plenty of Honda parts. Why? because no one here uses the Honda shop! The yamaha dealer is a good place. Friendly guys that know what they are doing.