PDA

View Full Version : Pep Revalving Rear shock

Chanman420q
06-17-2003, 08:02 AM
theres a stock rear shock revalved by pep for a 170 rider and XC... which is pretty close to my weight and i ride trails so its perfect. IM just wondering if its worth it and if i should buy it?

QuadTrix6
06-17-2003, 09:31 AM
definatley worth it!

06-17-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
definatley worth it!

Did you have them do your rear too or you savin up after buyin the fronts??

Chanman420q
06-17-2003, 09:56 AM
theres a shock i can buy thats been revalved by pep.... no ZPS... should i buy it. like will it be worth it over stock

06-17-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
theres a shock i can buy thats been revalved by pep.... no ZPS... should i buy it. like will it be worth it over stock

If it's setup for your wieght and riding style then hell yeah it will be worth it...:macho

QuadTrix6
06-17-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Did you have them do your rear too or you savin up after buyin the fronts??

yea i got my rear converted to a ZPS, i rode for a week with just PEP fronts and it was so miserable in the whoops section the rear end was all over the place and the bike just didn't fly right in the air, alot of people run this and and have no prob but i just didn't like the way the bike rode and sat cause the rear didn't sag,l after getting the rear i love it, it soaks up everything and i can now do bigger jumps cause i know if i hack em i won't die :devil:

OutlawEX
06-17-2003, 12:42 PM
yea i got my rear converted to a ZPS, i rode for a week with just PEP fronts and it was so miserable in the whoops section the rear end was all over the place and the bike just didn't fly right in the air, alot of people run this and and have no prob but i just didn't like the way the bike rode and sat cause the rear didn't sag,l after getting the rear i love it, it soaks up everything and i can now do bigger jumps cause i know if i hack em i won't die :devil:

How much did that cost? Did baldwin do it? What was the wait?

QuadTrix6
06-17-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
How much did that cost? Did baldwin do it? What was the wait?

It was $475 + shipping. I had Wayne directly from PEP do it. Wait was about 4 weeks.

K_Fulk
06-18-2003, 03:12 AM
Its my shock thats for sale, its a limited mass rear rebuild the revalve would run around $250-300 since you can use a stock spring with that setup. I got it on a quad i bought a while ago and it does perform great.

OutlawEX
06-18-2003, 06:25 AM
It was $475 + shipping. I had Wayne directly from PEP do it. Wait was about 4 weeks.

How long ago did u send it to him:confused: