PDA

View Full Version : Bent axle:(

Lil90man!!
01-09-2002, 09:13 AM
Hey you guys i have a slight problem, i have a 300ex and it is only like 3 months old, the 3 day i had it i caught a tree at a pretty good pace with mi right rear wheel so i rode it around to make sure nothing was bent/broken and when i got home i put it up on a stand and got the wheels spinning and nothing was bent perfectly aligned so they other day i built a snow ramp bout 2 feet high, the "worst" landing off of it was just a lil to far back and wasn't that bad but after that i notcied the bike "bounced" a little so i got to looking at my tire while riding and it wobbles a little bit, so i took it home jerked the tire off got it on a stand and got the tires spinning the axle moves up and down now about 1/4 inch, you can't really tell unless u really pay attention or really get moving should i invest in a new axle already, have it straighted somewhere or just not worry about it and if i get a new axle i ride the woods alot jump like only a few times a month(no good jumps around here and i am to lazy to make something that i will probably kill myself on, lol) and if you guys say a new one what brand/ style for my type of riding??

PhilMoore
01-09-2002, 10:06 AM
It should not cost too much to have a machine shop straighten it for you. I had a 200X axle straightened years ago, and it was bent so bad the tire would rub up on the fender! It worked fine, and I never bent it again.

If you bend it again after the straightening, you probably are out-riding your equipment and need to get a stronger axle (probably not Durablue)

01-11-2002, 09:39 PM
whats wrong wit durablue, i like the x-33

400exRacerX
01-11-2002, 09:59 PM
Durablue has a sketchy warrenty unlike lsr or rpm.

Guy400
01-12-2002, 06:33 AM
Your axle was probably weakened by all those jumps you were doing that you were 10 feet in the air on :D

Just go out and buy an LSR or RPM axle and never worry about it again.

Lil90man!!
01-12-2002, 08:11 PM
yo guy, NOT FUNNY!! lol ya but thanks for the help you guys i wil look into it!! hey guy todsay i wasn't ramping 10 feet but i was ramping off a wall as tall as mi bike(tried to go up it, didn't work) but it was a little taller than mi bike was long and i was coming offa it!!