PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye 400 hello Predator

Dune Surfer
06-16-2003, 06:41 PM
Well it's over. Traded in my 400 for a Predator today. Sorry to see it go, Honda can't keep up. If they would have released a new quad I would have a honda. Can't wait to ride it.:D

Brad
06-16-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
Well it's over. Traded in my 400 for a Predator today. Sorry to see it go, Honda can't keep up. If they would have released a new quad I would have a honda. Can't wait to ride it.:D
awesome, hope yall mod it to hell and kick all then banshees arses at the dunes:muscle:

jmoney45
06-17-2003, 01:01 AM
Cool. Those predators seem like serious machines. Hope you enjoy it.

Natertot426ex
06-17-2003, 03:09 AM
Cool! you better get it broken in before the St. A's trip. It's coming up quick!! You'll have to race me and see what happen's.
I like to race for some reason. IT's fun!

CHAUNCY
06-17-2003, 06:37 AM
Congrats

Fred55
06-17-2003, 06:53 AM
Hey, good luck with it! Great choice!!:D :macho

anywhereEx
06-17-2003, 06:58 AM
Let us know how it compairs. Hope it goes well for you Dustin

Predator38
06-17-2003, 12:33 PM
Congrats.....you won't be disapointed...its an awsome quad

QuadJunkies
06-18-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
Cool! you better get it broken in before the St. A's trip. It's coming up quick!! You'll have to race me and see what happen's.
I like to race for some reason. IT's fun! LOL!!!! Dunr Surfer Im soooooooo excited for you!!!!:blah: Just another addition to making the trip alot of fun!!! Just remember to brake it in JUST like they say to...If you have any questions on the break in cycle,please give me a call.......;) So..............Nathen,you know......you and I never did get to hit the drag strip......:( Prol a good thing, you would prol whoop my butt!!!!!:o But it would be good fun!!! Dune surfer....how about you and me Preddy vs. Preddy then one with my 400ex???? Congradulations:cool:

Natertot426ex
06-18-2003, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
LOL!!!! Dunr Surfer Im soooooooo excited for you!!!!:blah: Just another addition to making the trip alot of fun!!! Just remember to brake it in JUST like they say to...If you have any questions on the break in cycle,please give me a call.......;) So..............Nathen,you know......you and I never did get to hit the drag strip......:( Prol a good thing, you would prol whoop my butt!!!!!:o But it would be good fun!!! Dune surfer....how about you and me Preddy vs. Preddy then one with my 400ex???? Congradulations:cool:

Ya you are probably right. If I can keep up with troy I am sure I will beat you. Sorry:( I guess you are just going to have to do some motor work on that thing!

QuadJunkies
06-18-2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
Ya you are probably right. If I can keep up with troy I am sure I will beat you. Sorry:( I guess you are just going to have to do some motor work on that thing! OH..rub it in!!!:o :p Im thinkin that Preddy will give ya a run for your money overall:devil: We are already talkin about a 440 for next year if Honda dont produce anything special..The guy at Weiser that has a 440 had a guy in Homedale (I think it was,or Parma cant remember) who does a good job for really good price... Im ready to step up to more power.....:macho I like to drag for the fun of it, Im not too bad of a sore loser.................well most of the time.........WEll if I dont get whooped too hard.............................................. ..........Well, I only pout for a minute or two...........lol.............. until I can come up with an excuse to why I lost.....................JP..;)

QuadJunkies
06-18-2003, 05:19 AM
Oh I forgot to tell you..... Im gonna order that CDI for Troy in the next month.......shhhhhhhh its a surprise.......now his RPMS will be MUCH better!!:)

Dune Surfer
06-18-2003, 05:09 PM
Pred vs pred huh, Hmm I think with your pipe and filter you will smoke me :eek2: Tell you what, we will race through the dunes;)
do you have sand tires on the pred? fronts , rears. Didn't you get the roosters? I need to get mine on polaris rims or honda pattern hubs. How are you jetted on the pred for the dunes. Will I need to rejet for elevation? What did yours come with stock?

QuadJunkies
06-18-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
Pred vs pred huh, Hmm I think with your pipe and filter you will smoke me :eek2: Tell you what, we will race through the dunes;)
do you have sand tires on the pred? fronts , rears. Didn't you get the roosters? I need to get mine on polaris rims or honda pattern hubs. How are you jetted on the pred for the dunes. Will I need to rejet for elevation? What did yours come with stock? I will have new set of paddles for the trip for the Preddy. I posted a ton of stuff on the Roosters..DONT BUY THEM.They are total crap!:mad: Im stickin to an Extreme Hauler of another set of Turbo paddles, at least I know the Turbos are a really good tire;) ...The jetting will be different for you vs. ours with a direct K&N to carb. Our Preddy is set at a 170.Stock is a 150.I wanna say you go up a size for every 1800 feet?:confused: just bring a few extra jets or maybe call the Dealer in Rexburg and ask what they are jetting specs for up there.:)

TroyLeePred03
06-19-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I will have new set of paddles for the trip for the Preddy. I posted a ton of stuff on the Roosters..DONT BUY THEM.They are total crap!:mad: Im stickin to an Extreme Hauler of another set of Turbo paddles, at least I know the Turbos are a really good tire;) ...The jetting will be different for you vs. ours with a direct K&N to carb. Our Preddy is set at a 170.Stock is a 150.I wanna say you go up a size for every 1800 feet?:confused: just bring a few extra jets or maybe call the Dealer in Rexburg and ask what they are jetting specs for up there.:) ^calling the local dealer is always best....congrats on the buy you wont be disappointed people are catching on now and realize its a great ride...to bad honda is a little slow....on the trail and in the R&D department:devil: :cool:

nacs400ex
06-19-2003, 10:39 AM
Good Luck with the Pred. I heard the Anti-Squat rear shock is terrible for the MX track.:confused2 Oh well seems like you do dunes anyways.

Ryan
06-19-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
Good Luck with the Pred. I heard the Anti-Squat rear shock is terrible for the MX track.:confused2 Oh well seems like you do dunes anyways.

The rebound seems extremely slow on the rear shock :ermm: . Thats adjustable though.

Fred55
06-19-2003, 12:29 PM
No it's not Ryan!!! Mine was set too fast for me!

RuffRyder400ex
06-19-2003, 02:04 PM
congrats!