PDA

View Full Version : Warped 400EX Front Left Rim

HMF400EX
06-16-2003, 04:54 PM
Doing a wheelie down a road and hit my grab bar goin at LEAST 40-45, the thing threw down so fast on the left side and forced all the wieght on the front left a-arm and wheel. The whole rim got warped. I bought new ITP rims for it and still waiting for them. I also felt a mad big difference with my swing arm skid plate, and it looks lower, maybe its just me and the shock of it but can anyone help me know if somethings ****ed up with the rear swingarm area or not?(Looks ok but feels different)

Thanx

2001 Yellow 400EX
-Elka Shocks
-Yellow HMF pipe system
-Laeger Swingarm
-AC Nerfs
-DG Chrome Front Bumper
-Pure Sport Bandit Fronts
-ITP Aluminum Front Rims
-K&N Air Filter
-Tag Handlebars
-LoneStar A-Arms

"BLAHH"300!!
06-16-2003, 10:47 PM
Can only tell if you pos a pic.
and what are you using for a front rim,
to feel the differance, if the ITP's aren't in yet?

Paul400ex2002
06-17-2003, 03:05 AM
just a little helpful info here, if you are using an aluminum skidplate in rocky type conditions, i would highly recommend you get a couple plates of steel and mount on either side of the skidplate in the rear. Just drill holes through both to match the holes in the skidplate, and bolt it up. I guarantee you wont bend it up around the bolt holes like i did ;)

HMF400EX
06-18-2003, 03:44 PM
When i was riding home with it bent, i didnt know if it was just cuz my wheel was bent or what but i deffinetly thought the skid plate in the rear was lower than before.
Thanx for the skidplate info dude.