PDA

View Full Version : plastic renewer

sparks400
06-16-2003, 04:30 PM
hey that plastic renewer really works and my plastic was bad to, we took a sander :) to the rear cause it was really bad and the guy i bought it off of had it outside and the plastic faded away but now its like brand new!! its amazing.
-sparks

jwisniew
06-17-2003, 05:10 PM
ya ive heard alot of mixed stories on that stuff, tell me how it holds up

sparks400
06-17-2003, 05:15 PM
well the only thing i could tell u right now is that i can hold up againts water it beads it right off, but if u put more of the stuff in the bottle it wil give u a better shine and my bottle is almost gone, my bike was pretty beat up plastic wise when i got it from the guy.

cheetah
06-17-2003, 06:17 PM
Have any before and after pics?

nacs400ex
06-18-2003, 03:21 AM
DO NOT USE THAT STUFF!!!! I used it on my 300ex, and when I rolled the thing.. the stuff began to peel off. All it is, is clear coat. It chips off and then looks worse then it did. But if you only ride trails.. and KNOW you cant possibly roll your quad well go for it. But I do MX, and Trail sometimes...

WINTER and QUADS dont mix...I got sucked off the trail and rolled it. Thats how it the Renewer all cracked. I would have just got new plastic.

LOL 300ex's are fun to boot around though. My never died and I beat the CHIT out of it. But now I treat my 400ex like a baby. My girlfriend used to say I spent more time with the 400ex then her. Now that its summer, I dumped her for even more riding time :D

sparks400
06-18-2003, 03:49 AM
no i dont got before and after but thanks nacs for telling me that ill keep it in mind.

stiffy
06-19-2003, 03:53 AM
I used that stuff and it worked great till I went riding my boots wore all of it off the rear fenders it fell off like nail polish then I was using some cleaner (409) to clean off my bike and it ate all the renew stuff off. I don't think I would ever use it again I ended up clear coating it instead and it has held up really well even after a few rolls down a dune. Way to much work for it to just flake off.

400EXrider#91
06-19-2003, 02:34 PM
i used that stuff. looks good until you ride an mx track. then it looks like chit

quaddict53
06-19-2003, 03:55 PM
I dumped her for even more riding time

LOL....I hear that!!!!:D

svwildcats
06-20-2003, 04:40 AM
I use Amour-All plastic wipes on my 400 after I wash it, makes the plastic look new. Bad thing is once you go through some mud the plastic goes back to normal, so you have to do it every time and it only lasts for a while once you start riding. So basically it just looks good in the garage or trailer.

svwildcats-