PDA

View Full Version : project 463

redrider122
06-16-2003, 03:17 PM
I just have one question about Project 463. Do you guys ever plan on having the engine back from FDO? The only reason I ask is because my 426ex (that FDO built) is still waiting on the cam I ordered 4 weeks ago. It was only supposed to take 4 days to get. Not to mention the rings that took 3 weeks to get instead of the 3 days I was told it would take. From what I hear he can't get parts because he can't scrape the money together for my $75 cam. Feel free to respond with what ever insight you can give me to this problem. You can even e-mail me.

06-16-2003, 03:25 PM
:uhoh:

Pappy
06-16-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by redrider122
From what I hear he can't get parts because he can't scrape the money together for my $75 cam.

have you tried calling them:confused:

Chef
06-16-2003, 03:34 PM
I just have one question about Project 463. Do you guys ever plan on having the engine back from FDO? The only reason I ask is because my 426ex (that FDO built) is still waiting on the cam I ordered 4 weeks ago. It was only supposed to take 4 days to get. Not to mention the rings that took 3 weeks to get instead of the 3 days I was told it would take. From what I hear he can't get parts because he can't scrape the money together for my $75 cam. Feel free to respond with what ever insight you can give me to this problem. You can even e-mail me.

They already got their motor back.

Ben
06-17-2003, 01:04 AM
We have the engine back. It took quite awhile longer than expected because the crank was at the stroker's for more than a month :o ALL engine builders are slow and notorious for missing deadlines, it is a necessary evil I suppose - although I am one that wants to be given a meaningful deadline. :)

Ben

06-17-2003, 10:43 AM
I have never had a problem with getting motors back in a timely manor. Or any other problem with them. It has taken a little longer than expected a couple of times but that happens everywhere.

redrider122
06-17-2003, 02:54 PM
I'm not saying that it's a problem with FDO all of the time. I understand that sometimes it does take longer than expected, but two times in a row for things that were supposed to take 3 to 4 days to get is off for FDO. They are usually very good at getting parts. We are not even talking about building a engine here either, just a cam and rings.

pnut420
06-17-2003, 03:06 PM
its your fault for not putting the cam and springs yourslef, lol. Also you could have ordered the parts somewhere else. Big engine builders dont always have time for the little things...

redrider122
06-17-2003, 03:13 PM
Here's the problem with that. It's a cam that they have made up from Web for FDO. Any other suggestions?

pnut420
06-17-2003, 03:29 PM
Here's the problem with that. It's a cam that they have made up from Web for FDO. Any other suggestions?

mmm. Sounds like its probably just the aggresive web cam, alot of the times they just claim to change something on it.