PDA

View Full Version : stupid tire store... opinions needed

tants
06-16-2003, 01:26 PM
i bought used grooved radial tires and rims...

they were offset... i rode with them at ruasch and the bumpsteer anoyyed me... so i brought them to a local tire place so they can flip them around.

befor the guy did any work on them, he said "its not my fault IF the tires don't hold air." he takes the tires off with a machine, drills the holes, and slaps them back on. it took about 20 minutes. he charged me $40 which i thought was rediculous... anyways, when i went to put them in my car, i pushed down on the sidewall and air came out. so i brought the tire back, he took the tire back off and put some goopy sealant stuff on. and it still leaked air. he put more air pressure, still leaked air, put more in, then BAM. the bead broke off the rim... he broke the bead with the maching when he took the tire off the first time. he took down my name and said he will try to order me a new set of tires (this was a car tire shop, but i didnt say anything, just to let him try) he leaved a message on my answer maching, "hes sorry but he couldnt find anything, and to try wallmart, or a quadstore"

my question is... should i bring the tire guy my k&k catolog and say "order this" and try to stick him with the bill? he did screw up the tire... or should i just get my $40 back...
never have this happen befor... sorry so long...

thanks guys
:huh

flaneledholes
06-16-2003, 01:51 PM
I would take the K&K book, and get me a new set of grooved radials, and if he even as much as scratched your rims (unless there is a warning sign saying they are not responsible for damaged rims) I would get myself a new set of beadlocks while i was at it!:D (all at his expense of-course!)

CHAUNCY
06-16-2003, 01:56 PM
I would try to get him to order them from K&K

tants
06-16-2003, 02:09 PM
he did scratch the rim... its on the inside... no big deal tho...

the only reason im thinking he wouldnt buy me new tires is that he said

" were not responsable IF the tire doesnt hold air"

he never said... where not responsable if we 'blowup' your tire :rolleyes:

flaneledholes
06-16-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by tants
he did scratch the rim... its on the inside... no big deal tho...

the only reason im thinking he wouldnt buy me new tires is that he said

" were not responsable IF the tire doesnt hold air"

he never said... where not responsable if we 'blowup' your tire :rolleyes:

Was what he said in written print??? I would go ahead and try to get the most outta him (rims and tires) and then work my way down, if he refuses to help you in any kind of way (even meet you half way on the price of the tires) I would take it to court, or atleast threaten him... If you ARE OVER 18, THEN MOST DEFINATELY TAKE IT TO COURT...

Chef
06-16-2003, 02:17 PM
Try gettin a new tire out of em man...cant hurt to try.

tants
06-16-2003, 02:20 PM
im only 16...

im gonna go their tommrow with my catolog... im gonna be like

"i found a place to order the tire" and give him the catolog.

i'll see what i can do... i didnt know if I was wrong for going there and demanding a new tire... because he was skeptical about doing the whole thing... but he still did it...

ill let you guys know what happens :confused2

zephead400ex
06-16-2003, 02:21 PM
Stick the bill to him. Going to court probably wont be cost effective. Contact the BBB, they will handle it!

Good luck!

peace

tants
06-16-2003, 02:22 PM
BBB ? :confused:

Pappy
06-16-2003, 02:22 PM
yer screwed:ermm:

tants
06-16-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

not what i like to hear :(

06-16-2003, 02:36 PM
Sorry to hear about the tires. I have a nice almost like new set for sale let me know $60.00 takes them and if you want I will mount them for ya!

tants
06-16-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Racer101
Sorry to hear about the tires. I have a nice almost like new set for sale let me know $60.00 takes them and if you want I will mount them for ya!

$60 for one or for the set? are they grooved radials?

ill deff buy them off your hands... i doubt the tire place will buy me a new tire... so ill just try to get my $40 back...

so considered them sold...
check your PM

gotta love fellow ex-riders ;)

Ralph
06-16-2003, 02:39 PM

he warned ya

06-16-2003, 03:00 PM
hes a tire store, yoru radials were kuhmo right? he should be able to buy them because there automobile tires

isnt it if ur under 16 or 18 in nys if ur parents arent present and someone does something like that there obligated by law

what exactly happened and what was he drilling???

flaneledholes
06-16-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by tants
BBB ? :confused:

Better Business Bearu (sp)

tants
06-16-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
what exactly happened and what was he drilling???

mines a "steel radial"

he drilled the rim, to put a new valve stem... and he plugged the other side fine... that wasnt the problem... he must of broke the bead when he used this maching that pushes the side of the tire in to break the bead off the rim... thats how the bead ripped...

tants
06-17-2003, 09:04 AM
well i got my $40 back...

he tried just giving me half ($20...)

i got all $40 after i talked to the guy who owened the place...

:p

edgerat
06-17-2003, 09:28 AM
why was he drilling holes? And more importantly you are screwed. It would be one thing if he was selling you the tires and mounting them and ruined the tires it is another thing if you bring him a product and it breaks. I recently dealt with this issue at my local Les Schwab Tire Center. They FLAT refused to mount my holeshots on my beadlocks because they said they could not replace them should they tear the sidewall or break the rim. Needless to say this peed me off so I called up the HOME OFFICE for this tire center and I was told in a much more polite manner that they had lost a ton of money in recent years trying to do the right thing by customers that would deliberatly bring garbage product in to them and then they had to pay full retail to replace the customers product that they did not carry. The better business bureau isnt going to do squat because the business told you before the work was done that he could be held responsible for broken or damaged product. You knew this before he started the work and had him do it anyways. In short like Pappy said, "You're Screwed" better buy some new radials. Oh yeah, why did you have bump-steer?
Isaac

tants
06-17-2003, 11:28 AM
well i got the money back... so im happy... and i got a good deal on used radials and hell even put them on for me...

i had bump steer because they are offset wheels and i have +2 aarms... thats why.

Pappy
06-17-2003, 11:31 AM
cool:cool:

tants
06-17-2003, 11:41 AM
cool:cool:

:cool:

DEAL
06-17-2003, 11:55 AM
Shoulda called up moneyboy to "kikk dem in da dirt"
That would have settled things.

edgerat
06-17-2003, 12:14 PM
still doesnt make sense. I have "offset" wheels on my race bike and +3 arms it doesnt bump-steer.
Isaac

tants
06-17-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by edgerat
still doesnt make sense. I have "offset" wheels on my race bike and +3 arms it doesnt bump-steer.
Isaac

your used to it... i didnt even know i felt bump steer untill lou (quad041) asked if i felt any bumpsteer... i rode my buddies R with the same lenth a-arms without the offset... and it was a much smoother ride (he has same tires, and shocks as me)

and i rode my friends with non offset w/ a damper...
much beter... :eek2:

edgerat
06-17-2003, 12:50 PM
oh wait I am sorry I didnt have any bump steer because of my pro-trax front-end. But then again I dont notice any on my Z either. Anyways glad to you got what you wanted.
Isaac

tants
06-17-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by edgerat
oh wait I am sorry I didnt have any bump steer because of my pro-trax front-end. But then again I dont notice any on my Z either. Anyways glad to you got what you wanted.
Isaac

o ya, how could you forget about the pro-trax frontend...

...must be nice ;)