PDA

View Full Version : tennessee people click here

400EXcrazy
06-16-2003, 12:20 PM
any people close to nashville tennessee know any places to ride or want some one to ride with

JATV250
06-18-2003, 02:34 PM
i have a brother that lives in goodletsville 30 minutes north of there. i'll check with him and try to make it up there.

exrider505
01-02-2004, 04:22 PM
I know this is an old post put I will post anyway. I live in Brentwood, TN.

Werx615
01-04-2004, 05:15 PM
nashville here, we're gonna ride this weekend at honda hill's if u wanna go

exrider505
01-04-2004, 08:15 PM
Where is that? Private land?

Werx615
01-07-2004, 05:10 PM
honda hills is close to columbia, it just opened new years

01-07-2004, 06:37 PM
its gonna be a cold one this weekend :( I would of maybe went with you guys but I just sent out all my shocks to get them rebuilt by santo derisi...tell me hoew your trip goes

Bill Fuller
01-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Clarksville.You guys should try the Mid South Harescramble Series.

bigredfan
02-07-2004, 03:39 PM
hey guys i live in springhill and when did honda hills open back up? it has been closed for 20 years.It used to be and awsome place to ride when I was alot younger.If it is trully open please give directions and lets plan a riding trip.Thanks.:p :p :p :blah: :blah:

Bill Fuller
02-07-2004, 03:42 PM
I would also like directions to Honda Hill

02-07-2004, 08:02 PM
directions NOW! :macho

Werx615
02-09-2004, 05:14 PM
comin from nashville i went out highway 100 then to highway7 then right on leipers creek rd. after a few miles you'll see sum signs

bigredfan
02-09-2004, 08:13 PM
Hey werx615 how were the trails?Is all the same trails that used to be open still open like the berlin wall,chalk hill as well as the others.Are the lakes still in tact or have they been filled in?Please let me know.This just rekindles alot mine and friends childhood mems and it be great to ride there again.

Werx615
02-09-2004, 09:26 PM
i didnt get to ride the trails cuz it started raining right before we got there but i dont know if its the same trails or not, the people runnin the place said u can make trails wherever u want though

02-10-2004, 05:27 AM
is it near murfeesboro or west by me?

Werx615
02-10-2004, 03:57 PM
south west

bigredfan
02-10-2004, 03:57 PM
hey jumbo 747 it is southwest near towards columbia.The directions he gave sounds like the same old honda hills.I have been searching the web looking for a site.No luck as of yet.
See on the trails:confused: :confused:

bigredfan
02-10-2004, 04:00 PM
hey werx615 if you find out any more info please let me know

Craig02
02-11-2004, 02:37 PM
Have any of you been to West Point, TN? I go riding there sometimes and it is a good place to ride and climb hills.

bigredfan
02-11-2004, 07:13 PM
craig02 where is this?my friends and i are always looking for new places to ride.

bigz-71
02-11-2004, 08:04 PM
i am from memphis, but i am looking for new places to ride. i will drive to nashville to ride but not every weekend. i am looking for some people to go to florida with. if anyone is interest contact me. they got some of the best trails down there.

250R
02-17-2004, 07:51 AM
Craig02, I guess there is still no riding going on around Russelville????? I used to ride there back around 88-90 and that was THE BEST place to ride if you liked to climb hills. I guess if you and your guys are going to a crappy place like West Point to climb hills it still must be shut down?

Craig02
02-17-2004, 02:36 PM
There is still a lot of great riding in Russellville. Most of the good places are now hunting club owned, we ride them in the summer sometimes. We still ride in the mines around the high school but we have to dodge the cops.

250R
02-17-2004, 06:58 PM
Yea, that was the problem when I quit riding there...hunting clubs and the rather mad hunters when riding during season. So, you guys still get in there in the summer and ride? Can you still get around to all the good hills? We used to park next to the "wall". Bear with me on this description, but when you crossed over the river and went in between two rock walls on either side of the road, you would turn left and park around the main office of the excavation company (this was back when 1988 model 250Rs riding there were NEW). Is this close to what you are talking about, or even make sense. That was the best place, or a tie with the pipelines around Birmingham, to ride in the entire state at that time. Let me know, I would love to go back there again.

Craig02
02-18-2004, 08:01 AM
I dont think that I know where you are talking about, is it in Russellvillle? But, there are still some good hills around here, but up in west point there is the "wall" and "college" that Greg Little is the only person that I know of that has climbed it on a quad.

250R
02-18-2004, 08:22 AM
Yea, it was in Russelvile, but the land has probably all changed now. The "wall" was litterally that, about an 1/8 mile in length with hills of varying degrees of difficultly as you went down it. On one end was this wall I am talking about, it was about a 150 foot climb and the last 10 feet or so was straight up. These were the type hills you saved for the end opf the day, because if you messed up on one, your day was done. You had about 10 to 15 foot running go at the bottom off a dirt road, the river was about 20 yard below this point. I saw more than one 250R and Banshee that did not make it up a few hills end up in the river. I also remember sitting at the top and watching one(I did not ever know thier first names, there were two of them) of the Little's would climb it. There were two young (very young - looked like they were 10 or 12 at the time) boys on brand new 88 Rs with "Little Racing" on the fenders where it would normally say Honda 250R and the headlight removed. Their dad rode a completely stock 88 250R with them. These two kids amazed me at what they would do on those things, I saw an article in ATV News a year or so ago and saw where one of the Littles was doing great racing, no surprise, but it brought back memories of of Russelville. I have seen the wall and college in West Point and I can honestly say they are molehills compared to this ****. If you know the Little's ask them about it, I am sure they would remember. Like I said, this was back in 1988 and the riding there was litteraly amazing, I have seen pictures of the riding and hills up north (like PA) on this site and I do not think it could compare to Russelville in the day. I am 29 now and have ridden all over and have yet to find anything that compares.

250R
02-18-2004, 08:34 AM
One more thing, the place I am talking about is out of Russelville , a little bit in the country. It is where they used to get river gravel from. There would be freakin mountains of it, but as the excavation company slowly shut down they started to "reclaim" the land by planting pine trees and smoothing everyting up. That is about the time the leasing to hunters started. I also assume you are talking about West Point, TN?

Craig02
02-18-2004, 09:57 AM
Actually, Keith and Greg are my cousins, there dad that you seen was Jerry, my dad was probably with them on an atc250r he used to climb all that stuff. Keith is doing great in racing he finished in the top 5 overall last year and he is looking great so far this year. Is the place you are talking about in Belgreen? It is just outside of Russellivlle down hwy 24 my dad used to ride with them around there and he has always talked about the crazy hills that they used to climb. and yes I was talking about West Point, TN

250R
02-18-2004, 01:35 PM
That would be the place I am talking about. It really did have some insane climbs there. You could ride all day and not hit the same trail or set of hills twice. I wish I had never gotten gotten to ride there, it kinda spoiled me. None of todays OHV or other private owned land that you must pay to ride on can compare. We used to go back during the summer untill 5 years ago or so, do you know if you can still get in there and ride. Also, I have 4 or 5 buddies that are like your dad and do not have any better sense than to ride ATC 250R's. We still go Sayre (in Birmingham) occosasionally and it blows people away to see a three wheeler climb some of the **** down there.

redridr1113
02-18-2004, 03:30 PM
I'm from nashville and I ride at LBL and I love it, but i like motocross tracks way more. The best motocross track for quads is Brown Chapel Motocross in McMinnville. Check out their website (brownchapelmotocross.com) I go there all the time and its sick!

Werx615
02-18-2004, 07:20 PM
can u still ride at west point? if so where is it?

02-18-2004, 08:12 PM
bad news redrider1113....your track is closing...sucks for you.....:(

cpjones1231
02-22-2004, 10:26 AM
anyone goin to sugar creek today? if so holla

columbia7200
02-25-2004, 11:21 PM
I live in Columbia, I think a trip to Honda Hills would be fun. I have never been, my 400ex has been sitting at my parents house in Linden for the last 3 years with no riding on it. I was suppose to sell it this week but the guy backed out. So now that I have my 400 here, I might as well make some use of it. I would love to have make some new friends to ride with. I used to ride everyweekend with some friends when I lived in Selmer, but when my job relocated me here, I lost all my riding buddies.

bigredfan
02-26-2004, 03:39 PM
hey columbia 7200 a friend and me maybe riding @ honda hills this weekend on Sun. I think that is March the 1st.I live in Thompson Station and I'm not that far from you.If nobody has ridden your 4-wheeler in 3 years you got some work todo before you can ride.I'll double check with my buddies to make sure we are riding and I'll post to let you know, so maybe we can hook up.It has been 20 yrs or more since I've have been to Honda Hills and I would love to ride there. See you on the trails.

columbia7200
02-26-2004, 06:24 PM
I did all my maintainance the other day, so my EX is ready to ride! SUnday would be a good day to go, High's in the mid 60's. Feel free to drop me an e-mail or something.

bigredfan
02-27-2004, 03:54 PM
Hey columbia 7200 the moderater wouldn't let me email you.So I'll just post here.I still don't know if I will be able to go Sun. or not.My buddies wife hasn't told him he could yet, you know married with children.I'll know something hopefully by Sat. night and I will post here to let you know.

Darron

columbia7200
02-28-2004, 06:43 AM
Works for me, I know how the Wife the kids thing goes all too well. Anyway since the moderator wouldn't let you email me, here ya go. Fell free to e-mail me if you can go.

jturner7@bellsouth.net