PDA

View Full Version : DENTON Stabalizer Problem !!

QuadTrix6
06-16-2003, 04:47 AM
i just got a denton stabalizer, the thing is great after 2hrs of trying to get the thin bolted yp right :ermm: , but after three rides one of the bolts fell out and i lost it.:( do you guys think i should try to get one from denton or pick something up from the hardware store ? and does anyone have a pic of the nut and bolt, its the one that attaches the stabalizer to the stem ..thanks

06-16-2003, 04:51 AM
What happened?

Here is a pic, hope it helps.

OutlawEX
06-16-2003, 06:01 AM
A local hardware should have what u need. Next time put lock tite and u woint have this problem;)

QuadTrix6
06-16-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
A local hardware should have what u need. Next time put lock tite and u woint have this problem;)

yea good point it rattled out, but does anyone have a closer pic of the bolt or any idea of what size it is thanks

QuadTrix6
06-16-2003, 07:31 AM
ok i found a pic of mine and it looks like a bolt, posibly a washer and a nut, this sound right ? anyone have a clearer pic thanks :D

MOFO
06-16-2003, 02:09 PM
I think Mike (knighttime) had the same problem with his...if I remember correctly...

06-16-2003, 03:57 PM
It uses a reg allen head bolt and nut.

If you want something close to the orig just remove the other one that goes thru the rod end and match it up.

You do want the shank or non threaded section to be the same od and very close in length since the rod end does ride on it.

You can use loc-tite but I prefer nylock nuts with a little blue loc-tite (but not actually loc-tite brand cause there over priced)