PDA

View Full Version : Problems with C&D racing

Mxbubs
06-15-2003, 08:30 AM
I was very reluctant to post this experience because they have been good in the past. However, the more I think about it, the madder I get.

I made a purchase from them for 165.00. Somewhere, somehow a mistake was made. The amount got charged to the wrong card, I dont know if I gave them the wrong card, or if they had it on file and made the charge wrong. I dont know, but thats not the problem. After I got my stuff, it became obvious that it had been charged to the wrong card, so I call them. I asked them to re-charge it to the card I had originally wanted to use. It was my debit card, meaning the funds would come out of my checking account. They said it was no problem, and the order would be charged to my CHECKING ACCOUNT, and they would credit the other card. I made sure they knew it was coming out of my CHECKING ACCOUNT. I made them give me an exact total right down to the penny. They gave me the exact total, so I entered it into my check register.

Low and behold about 3 weeks later, I get the invoice in. What did I see on it? A processing fee charge of 30$ extra! I jumped online to view my account, sure enough, that put me in the red, so my bank hit me with a 30$ nsf fee too. You guys know my ankle is broke, Im out of work. Now I am also in the negative in my checking account because of C&D. It was wrong of them not to contact me and get my authorization to charge the extra 30$. That is illegal, and not right. I have to go to the bank and dispute the 30$, God knows how long that will take, and then maybe the bank will credit me my 30$ back.

There is no defense in the world C&D could have. They charged me without my authorization. They charged me a total over what they said they were going to charge me.

Sorry for the posting C&D, but I am digging pennies out of my truck to pay for gas, and Im really pissed off about it.

Craig Graham

Mxbubs
06-15-2003, 09:31 AM
Bump:(

Pappy
06-15-2003, 09:42 AM
maybe a mistake:confused: :ermm:

Guy400
06-15-2003, 11:14 AM
Who charged you the $30--your credit card company, your bank or C&D? Did you call Dusty to find out the details? I won't even tell the story of one the world's largest jet kit/filter companies that charged me the overnight shipping I had requested but the part was "accidentally" shipped standard ground. I eventually got my money back but it was a huge hassle.

Mxbubs
06-15-2003, 02:30 PM
It was not a credit card charge. It was a debit charge. It was a processing fee that they charged me after the fact. I understand they probably got charged some money from their company, and I can appreciate the fact that they shouldnt have to incur those charge. However, I specifically stated it was coming out of my checking account so it was imperative that I know EXACTLY how much they were going to bill me.

My account took a $60 hit which was unexpected.

Sorry for the ugly post, but this really put a rainy cloud over my weekend.

Mxbubs
06-16-2003, 05:19 AM
Bump

06-16-2003, 05:30 AM
I maybe missing something here but WTF was the 30.00 charge for?

Sounds like somthing isnt rite at all.

Ben
06-16-2003, 05:42 AM
I agree, I am not clear on what exactly you are saying? :confused: Are you saying that:

1. You possibly gave them a wrong card and they charged that card
2. You figured out that it the wrong card had been charged (whether it be because you gave them the wrong card or they mistakenly charged another card they had on file for you).
3. You asked them to charge the correct card.
4. They charged the correct card for the correct amount plus $30 for a processing fee that was charged to them by the credit card company for the mistake.

Is that the story? Sorry, I can't make sense you your story and just wanted to see if I restated it properly. If my above restatement of the facts is true then are you stating that you are upset because C&D forgot to tell you that they would charge you the processing fee for having to correct the error in the first place? It seems like a simple case of forgetting to alert you that you would be charged a processing fee to correct the first mistake?

Colby@C&DRacing
06-16-2003, 06:13 AM
I think that more of the story needs to be told to understand what happened...

Mxbubs had ordered parts with a credit card on a couple occasions.. He also called and ordered some items with a different card # and said to only charge these items to this card.(not the ones that are being disputed.) I get a phone call from a woman that said she was an exgirlfriend at this point and she told me that she was disputing the charges and that we needed to get the money from him, she informed me that she would have craig call me.. He did call and I told him that I was not forsure of the charges at this point, I did not know if my credit card company would charge me a fee for this. Sure enough I had a chargeback fee of $15 per transaction and there was a total of 2 transactions. I felt that I did not need to eat the $30 fee due to the two of them disputing. The exgirlfriend did state that he could use the card until they broke up and he did not have authorization after that..

I don't feel that this is the place to state incorrect facts about C&D Racing.

Ben
06-16-2003, 06:52 AM
Craig, it seems you left some important facts out of your story :) I can speak from first hand knowledge of the ATV retail industry - there are alot of shops out there that will rip you off and not think twice about it. C&D Racing is not one of these shops. They have a STELLAR reputation that speaks for itself. :D

Doibugu2
06-16-2003, 06:59 AM
here is my question.

Bubs, if you wanted C&D just to put it on your debit card, why wouldn't you just give that money to the person that charged you for the stuff in the first place?

Why get C&D involved if you didn't seem to have to?

ZRacer
06-16-2003, 07:23 AM
MxBubs you created your own problem from what I have read. C&D Racing doesn't look to have done anything unethical by charging you for a fee they incurred from you needing the charges reversed.

You should have settled this issue privately with C&D Racing because if you had used your OWN credit card or debit card from the beginning then this wouldn't have happened.

This isn't a C&D problem, it is a good lesson for all members on too see how not to handle his/her finances.

Everyone is quick to Bash a company for their actions or products with out stating all the facts or waiting to professionally solve the problem with the vendor in a private conversation.

If after repeated unsuccessful tries to resolve the problem with the vendor and your problem could affect others, then Yes it should be posted. But, Post like this one, Personally make me sick!

Example:
***My A-arms are junk because they bent and my Ball Joint broke, but I guess I did hit a tree,flipped the Quad down a hill, or cased a jump***

I heard a 300EX bent its frame yesterday in a wreck, so I guess there should be a post about how weak the frames are?

Derno24
06-16-2003, 07:43 AM
Excellent statement Harlen...C&D has always given me the benefit of talking to them about anything. Great people are hard to find.

remlapr
06-16-2003, 08:08 AM
I'll chime in - MXbubs, I think ultimately you're at fault because you were using your girls card without her permission and that is what got the whole thing started. Putting C&D in the position of having to get a call from your ex-girlfriend about the charges was wrong to them. However, IF you made it clear that you really needed to know exactly what the charges were going to be to your checking account - if would have been cool of Colby to call you back and let you know that the extra $30 was coming, but given the fact that you had put them in a bad situation by using someone elses card - I don't think he was in anyway obligated to make this call...

Pappy
06-16-2003, 08:33 AM
not the ex-girlfriend denied charges bit:devil:

AtvMxRider
06-16-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
not the ex-girlfriend denied charges bit:devil:

LMAO This girl has been nothing but a headache for you Bubs I think its time to tell her to hit the road :D .

06-16-2003, 09:04 AM
I knew that something wasnt right.

Seems like theres more to this than I need to know, and the only real problem was actually posting it all here in haste.

I can understand bubs being upset with the problems caused by the fees and especially with the financial position he describes.

Surely everyone can agree that we wouldnt want to be paying the overdraft fees to the bank when were short on cash and really need the money, and could sympathise with Bubbs, but that doesnt make him correct in this issue either.

I am sure everyone could also agree that if in C&D's shoes you wouldnt be paying service fees for someone else's errors either. I am sure that Colby didnt do anything dishonest or have any intent on Bubs getting his account messed up etc and was just passing on the fees that resulted from the transaction.

Looks to me that the only people making out here is the Bank "what a suprize" that is huh. :rolleyes:

Since I wasnt part of the orig conversations I couldnt offer who is right or wrong (and who is to judge anyhow) but from what I am seeing here it does all look like a misunderstanding and should have been worked out off the forums a little longer.

Hopefully everything gets settled amlicably.

Pappy
06-16-2003, 09:19 AM
I knew that something wasnt right.
(stfu bubs)

Seems like theres more to this than I need to know, and the only real problem was actually posting it all here in haste.
(i dont have nothing better to do then bust bubs balls:))

I can understand bubs being upset with the problems caused by the fees and especially with the financial position he describes.
(broke *** mofo) lmao

Surely everyone can agree that we wouldnt want to be paying the overdraft fees to the bank when were short on cash and really need the money, and could sympathise with Bubbs, but that doesnt make him correct in this issue either.
(we feel yer pain)

ooks to me that the only people making out here is the Bank "what a suprize" that is huh.
(should have been a banker)

Since I wasnt part of the orig conversations I couldnt offer who is right or wrong (and who is to judge anyhow) but from what I am seeing here it does all look like a misunderstanding and should have been worked out off the forums a little longer.
(bubs what pain killers you on...you love c&d)

Hopefully everything gets settled amlicably.
(it will)

sorry i was a bit slow the last hour at work...lmfao

Mxbubs
06-16-2003, 10:19 AM
BULL****. Plain Bull****. It dont matter what happened to what charges. I SAID GIVE ME THE EXACT AMOUNT I WOULD BE CHARGED TO MY DEBIT ACCOUNT! I GOT DOOPED! Sure, I understand the 30$, but dont freaking tell me an amount when I TELL YOU IT IS IMPERATIVE I KNOW THE EXACT, REPEAT EXACT, AMOUNT YOU ARE GOING TO CHARGE ME!

How the HELL CAN YOU DEFEND TELLING ME YOU ARE GOING TO CHARGE ME 165.50$, ONLY TO DOOP ME LATER AND CHARGE ME 195.50$? I just dont see how that is okay. What the hell am I missing here? It is okay to tell a customer an amount you are going to charge him a specific amount, then change it later????? You are wrong C&D....Dead wrong, its not okay to do that. Its fraud, and I have already spoken with Visa, I WILL get my money back.

It is okay to tell a customer an amount you are going to charge him a specific. then change it later?????

Blah blah blah, on and on.....It was an UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE WHICH IS CREDIT CARD FRAUD.

I have perfect feedback.....I WOULD NEVER tell a customer an amount I am going to charge him then change it without calling him first. I wouldnt change it anyway.....its just bad business....

Mxbubs
06-16-2003, 10:22 AM
"4. They charged the correct card for the correct amount plus $30 for a processing fee that was charged to them by the credit card company for the mistake."

That exactly what happened Ben. They did it without calling or emailing me. Without letting me know. Without my authorization. Even after I stated multiple times it was coming out of my checking account, and I need to know the exact amount that would be charged.

If you guys think this is okay, please state it so, I will never buy or sell from anybody that thinks this is okay to do.

Pappy
06-16-2003, 10:28 AM
sounds like a cluster fluck to me:confused2

did the whole thing crap out when the girlfriend decline dthe or challenged the charges? or was it the mix up on you giving them the wrong card? hell im confused now:scary:

if it was c&d's screw up then yes they should eat the charges.....if its bub's or his ex g.f.'s screw up then i could understand the fee's.

as far as a cusomer charge back.....i have to go with you bubs....we arent permitted by law to charge any fees until the customer has been notified....but different states have different regulations....

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-16-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
sounds like a cluster fluck to me:confused2

did the whole thing crap out when the girlfriend decline dthe or challenged the charges? or was it the mix up on you giving them the wrong card? hell im confused now:scary:

if it was c&d's screw up then yes they should eat the charges.....if its bub's or his ex g.f.'s screw up then i could understand the fee's.

as far as a cusomer charge back.....i have to go with you bubs....we arent permitted by law to charge any fees until the customer has been notified....but different states have different regulations....

The whole thing craped out when the girlfriend declined the charges on here credit card that was used after they broke up. This is the card I was given to put charges on, so that is what I did. Next thing I know I am getting a phone call stating that he did not have authorization to use the card after a certain date due to the brakeup.. she stated the charges previous to this were fine.. she said that she would have him call he did I told him that I was not for sure of the charges I knew that it would be the charge for at least the parts but I did not know if there would be any other fees..

This would have been a lot easier if he would of offered to pay the girlfriend for the parts.

But no lets grag someones name through the mud and see where we get. :rolleyes:

Ben
06-16-2003, 10:55 AM
Let me get this straight - you are saying that even though your personal situtation (i.e. you used an ex-girlfriend's credit card in the face of her direct opposition to such usage) was the cause of the iniitial mixup you expect them not to charge you the extra fees that resulted from your mixup because they allegedly didn't tell you about the extra charges? In my opinion, when you told them to charge another card (because of your initial mixup with your ex's credit card) as a result of the mixup in my opinion you agreed to be responsible for any additional fees that may result as a result of fixing that error. It was an implied consent in my opinion. Just my 2 cents, and I do this for a living :)

This needs to be taken to private messages however. If you can't resolve this with C&D Racing in private please let me know and we'll make it a public discussion once again :)

4punksdad
06-17-2003, 12:11 AM
dude............why didn't you just send the GF a check for the 165.00? Or invite her over to pick up the check (one last chance to nail it "post break up" )

use that head for something besides a helmet holder son!