PDA

View Full Version : I had my first race !!!!!!!!

spiderrider04
06-15-2003, 04:07 AM
Well I went to the monster truck show Friday night and they had quad wars. They were slow and couldn't ride. The announcer later said that if you had a quad to bring it out and race. My dad asked me if I wanted to race and I told him no.

Well saturday I was thinking about it and decided that I was going to race. When I got to the track I was nervous. We took a few practice laps and after that I wasn't even nervous. But I couldn't wait to race. They finally called us up to the line and I was in the first row on my 300ex with a blaster and craptor. In the second row there was 2 250r's wich were crap and some polaris utility. The flag dropped and the craptor and blaster got the holeshot because I did a littler wheelie. The I passed the craptor because he couldn't ride very well so he didn't jump the jumps. Then I passed the blaster because... well it was a blaster. Then the next thing I know was I was in 1st place. I sayed in first from the first lap until the last. Then the i got the checkered flag so I did al little wheelie . I was like that was pretty good for a first race. I'm only 15 and everybody else was from about 20-45 years old.

The second race me and the blaster was neck and neck for about 2-3 laps, but he had the inside corners. I finally took him and while we were racing the announcer said that who ever goes throught th middle wins.(finish line jump) well they didn't tell us that before the race started. So me and the blaster go around again and the guy on the 250r 's wife pointed for him to go in the middle so he did and so did the guy on the craptor so then I did after I seen them so I got 3rd. I would have won if I would have known to go in the middle....But owell it was fun.

Sorry guys this was so long but I was just so excited and I'm sorr I don't have any pictures.

I'm also racing tonight to so wish me luck.

GNCC#829
06-15-2003, 12:39 PM
Nice Job!:cool: and Good Luck!:eek2:

JOEX
06-15-2003, 04:46 PM
Way to go! It's funny how they make uo the rules as they go.....
As long as you had fun and gained some confidence that is what really matters.

Joe

spiderrider04
06-16-2003, 03:29 AM
thanks guys,

I raced again Sunday night and I got second and third. I didn't really care because that was the best time I have ever had.
Plus I got $60, which wasn't to bad. They won't have races for another year which kinda stinks. But I can't wait.

Justin

QuadJunkies
06-18-2003, 07:54 AM
right on! Arent Quad Wars a blast???!!! Troy and my kids done them a few months ago and done really well!!! We have another one comnig up this wk end but due to our duning trip to the dunes in a few weeks, I decided to set it out as much as I wanted to race:(.... Be safe and have a a great time..try to get pics next time!!!:blah: