PDA

View Full Version : Front end picture of Project 400ex

Ben
06-15-2003, 02:24 AM
Here is the only picture I have right now of the complete front end - I am still fighting with the front hubs so no wheels yet. Thanks to Burgard and TCS for their great products - we will be reviewing them down the line. They fit like clockwork :D Those are ATV Fourplay shock rezzie clamps. They work well but are too small for the TCS rezzies, we'll see if this becomes a problem on the trails.

Ben
06-15-2003, 02:25 AM
The picture..

300EXrider02
06-15-2003, 02:36 AM
Looks great, I wanna see the finished product, what size arms, +2?

250rpilot
06-15-2003, 02:41 AM
yeah ben, looks good man:eek2:

CBW
06-15-2003, 02:51 AM
coming along nicely:cool: I still like that frame color;)

We just put TCS zero pre load,,,,,,, or what ever their particular term is,,,,,,,,shocks on my friends banshee and he seems to like them very well.

and those burgard a arms look very well made. i will have to definately give them a try next time cause LSR has messed up my tie rods twice now:mad:

p@iNn3ck
06-15-2003, 02:55 AM
:eek2:

06-15-2003, 03:21 AM
looks good, shouilda cleaned that oil cooler:eek2:

is that a arens frame?

Tommy 17
06-15-2003, 03:56 AM
looks to be a LSR frame...

and are those the burgard long travel a-arms???? i seen a set at rausch that looked exactly like those on harlins bike but they were STD travel... i just wanted to know if u got the TRUE LT front...

sweet300ex
06-15-2003, 03:58 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tommy 17
[B]looks to be a LSR frame...

I believe it is an Arens frame

TheRedRebel17
06-15-2003, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
looks to be a LSR frame...

Yep...hes right its a LSR

Honda4trax250x
06-15-2003, 04:19 AM
lookin' good!

keep us updated!

Tommy 17
06-15-2003, 04:46 AM
its a LSR look at the bottom motor mount... u can see the STAR that LSR uses...

also arens frames aren't out yet...

trx400ex
06-15-2003, 05:58 AM
Why would you use an LSR frame? Its not even listed under bens name of the guys who support it.....other than that i cant wait to see it done, good job Benny:D

roostin_dale
06-15-2003, 06:24 AM
thats looking really nice, Ben. When are you expecting the project to be finished...or do you even have an idea..lol

Chef
06-15-2003, 06:29 AM
That is an arens frame, read the project 400EX section.

Right now we are happy to announce our current partners on our Project 400ex:
- Arens Brothers: Providing us with their new 400ex frame, subframe, steering stem, and skid plates

Pappy
06-15-2003, 06:37 AM
naaa its a LSR....arens hasnt been released and ben got tired of waiting so he grabbed up a lsr for the time being

Mxbubs
06-15-2003, 07:16 AM
Pappy, you trying to stir up trouble?:D

Those are LSR hubs though.

RiPPiNiTuP7
06-15-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Mxbubs

Those are LSR hubs though.

In the Steering/Suspension forum Ben said their RPM hubs :confused2

300EXrider02
06-15-2003, 07:30 AM
Its a Mutt!! jk:D

Ben
06-15-2003, 08:04 AM
It is an LSR frame and subframe because Arens has not yet sent out a frame yet and the magazine deadline is in less than two weeks. The hubs are RPM. ;) I just put on a wave brake rotor from Rad Manufacturing - I'll take a picture tonight. :)

Glow Plug
06-15-2003, 09:27 AM
NICE :D

Guy400
06-15-2003, 11:23 AM
P-O-S

I want to know the names of the two clowns that put that thing together:huh

Ralph
06-15-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
P-O-S

I want to know the names of the two clowns that put that thing together:huh

i dont have names but i heard they sleep together on the couch after a warm milk and cookie break:blah:

Guy400
06-15-2003, 12:06 PM
I'll give my quick review of how I thought it came together so far.

LSR frame= C. The motor bolted in easy enough but that's about it. The oil tank didn't mount correctly (neither the stocker nor the aftermarket one). The oil cooler mounts didn't line up either. The tab on the bottom of the frame that has the hole in it for the oil tank drain didn't even come close to lining up. The two bolt holes on the front of the gas tank didn't line up well either.

RPM rear end= A+. Install was smooth as glass and everything fit perfect. We aligned the swingarm and slid the bolt through with little effort.

Airbox= C. The K&N filter didn't just fit down in like it does on stock airboxes. This aftermarket box was too shallow and we had to "persuade" the filter to fit (I'm guessing there's going to be an annoying vibrating sound where the chrome end on the K&N rubs on the bottom of the aluminum airbox.

Large capacity oil cooler= F. As you can see we opted not to even use this thing. The installation principle was easy enough to understand but making it a reality was another story. In order to use this large capacity cooler as a replacement to the stocker meant having to cut the OEM oil lines and splice this cooler in. That wasn't an option. To use this cooler in addition to the stocker meant finding a mounting position that made sense. There wasn't enough room anywhere aft of the steering stem. Mounting it in front of the stem compromised it's longevity (we just picture rocks punching right through it). On top of that the only mounts that came with this kit were two pieces of strap steel and some zipties. We weren't going to ruin the cleanliness of the quad with some cooler just scabbed into place with zipties and bare strap steel.

Double row pegs= A. Wonder if they'd fit with ProArmor nerfs? If they do I suggest Ben not leave his quad in my possession with the proper allen wrench:D

RiPPiNiTuP7
06-15-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I'll give my quick review of how I thought it came together so far.

LSR frame= C. The motor bolted in easy enough but that's about it. The oil tank didn't mount correctly (neither the stocker nor the aftermarket one). The oil cooler mounts didn't line up either. The tab on the bottom of the frame that has the hole in it for the oil tank drain didn't even come close to lining up. The two bolt holes on the front of the gas tank didn't line up well either.

RPM rear end= A+. Install was smooth as glass and everything fit perfect. We aligned the swingarm and slid the bolt through with little effort.

Airbox= C. The K&N filter didn't just fit down in like it does on stock airboxes. This aftermarket box was too shallow and we had to "persuade" the filter to fit (I'm guessing there's going to be an annoying vibrating sound where the chrome end on the K&N rubs on the bottom of the aluminum airbox.

Large capacity oil cooler= F. As you can see we opted not to even use this thing. The installation principle was easy enough to understand but making it a reality was another story. In order to use this large capacity cooler as a replacement to the stocker meant having to cut the OEM oil lines and splice this cooler in. That wasn't an option. To use this cooler in addition to the stocker meant finding a mounting position that made sense. There wasn't enough room anywhere aft of the steering stem. Mounting it in front of the stem compromised it's longevity (we just picture rocks punching right through it). On top of that the only mounts that came with this kit were two pieces of strap steel and some zipties. We weren't going to ruin the cleanliness of the quad with some cooler just scabbed into place with zipties and bare strap steel.

Double row pegs= A. Wonder if they'd fit with ProArmor nerfs? If they do I suggest Ben not leave his quad in my possession with the proper allen wrench:D

Good to hear Guy. Its really nice when people can give an honest opinion about something. Alot of times you will see someone buy something and just because they have it they say its the best....I hate that.

Pappy
06-15-2003, 12:39 PM
what airbox and oil tank:confused:

Guy400
06-15-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
what airbox and oil tank:confused: I don't remember the brands of either. Ben will know.

Ralph
06-15-2003, 01:01 PM
i think it is an abc racing oil tank

Ben
06-15-2003, 01:17 PM
The oil cooler Guy is referring to is made by Dirt Mods. The oil tank is by ABC Racing and fit great. The airbox is a UM Racing model. :)

Pappy
06-15-2003, 01:19 PM
my bad...i meant oil cooler. ill be scratching that one of the list....i aint the best to be hacking into my oil lines:p

250x#93
06-15-2003, 01:25 PM
Looks sweet:devil:

RuffRyder400ex
06-15-2003, 02:18 PM
looks good!

JOEX
06-15-2003, 02:19 PM
Looking good:)
What is the frame and a-rms color called?

Joe

Rip_Tear
06-15-2003, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the updates! and Pic! and the Review Guy! :D Its nice to know how things are comming along with it! Too bad about the Hubs! :(