PDA

View Full Version : man...this maier...WTF!!?

"BLAHH"300!!
06-14-2003, 09:04 PM
..you know how stock blue yammy plastic leaves white streaks when the plastic get' bent...well, i'm finding little white streks all over mine. (it's not outa control or anything)...

..2 screws that hold the front to the the fender braketts...
.has a prfect outline, of the "L" braketts maier sent...sux.
..i've even found wite spots on FLAT surfaces...some around the knee/leg area,...i'm dissapointed man.
.the plastic is 4 ride's old...with only 1 majore ride.
i've never even had a tree's branch scrap across them..
and they look like this...and no, i've never thrown them down, (rear plastic..we all do it from time to time.)
...I don't even wanna think about what they'll look like after i wreck it,..witch will happen cause i suk.

it's nothing majore, i only saw them b/c i hand wash everypart of it...',but damnit thier brand fkn' new ya' know.
..did I fk up, or do you guys have the same probems.

"How's that wite frame holdin' up, blahh ?"
....the frame still looks retty good..the "throw" from the chain lub' leavs a nasty spot, I'm thinking about painting the lower, rear hrizontal 'frm' rail black to hide the mess..I wash it all with a rag, so i get most of the stuff off it, but those "hard to reach" spots are startin' to tun yellow...but you don't notice those apots at a glance..
..it's like those white streaks..you don't notice em', but I know their there.

SteelRod4
06-14-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by "BLAHH"300!!
..you know how stock blue yammy plastic leaves white streaks when the plastic get' bent...well, i'm finding little white streks all over mine. (it's not outa control or anything)...

..2 screws that hold the front to the the fender braketts...
.has a prfect outline, of the "L" braketts maier sent...sux.
..i've even found wite spots on FLAT surfaces...some around the knee/leg area,...i'm dissapointed man.
.the plastic is 4 ride's old...with only 1 majore ride.
i've never even had a tree's branch scrap across them..
and they look like this...and no, i've never thrown them down, (rear plastic..we all do it from time to time.)
...I don't even wanna think about what they'll look like after i wreck it,..witch will happen cause i suk.

it's nothing majore, i only saw them b/c i hand wash everypart of it...',but damnit thier brand fkn' new ya' know.
..did I fk up, or do you guys have the same probems.

"How's that wite frame holdin' up, blahh ?"
....the frame still looks retty good..the "throw" from the chain lub' leavs a nasty spot, I'm thinking about painting the lower, rear hrizontal 'frm' rail black to hide the mess..I wash it all with a rag, so i get most of the stuff off it, but those "hard to reach" spots are startin' to tun yellow...but you don't notice those apots at a glance..
..it's like those white streaks..you don't notice em', but I know their there. Hey man don't blow up.Blue plastics will have that effect.reason being is because the color is more on one side and when they hit the mold the none color side stretches.I seen this when they make the plastics.lighter colors and white won't show.darker ones will.It sucks,I have blue fullbores and they do the same.:grr:

"BLAHH"300!!
06-15-2003, 08:08 AM
Plastic is Silver.

mxrdr
06-17-2003, 06:55 AM
neverheard of that before , try cotacting maier and tell them abot it and see what they say. it shoudnt happen on silver plastic either:confused: thats weird.

tants
06-18-2003, 02:18 PM
pics?

muff
06-18-2003, 02:58 PM
mine does that to, i have blue tho :(

just have to live with it, their mounts sucked so I ended up making my own :p

Chanman420q
06-19-2003, 02:50 AM
the rear maier is fine, but the front for me friggin sucks ***!!! really only on the right side. The black pannel doesnt go flush with the plastic and the push pins dont go all the way throw at the back where it connects everything ( gas tank cover, panal, and fenders ) im defifitly getting OEM next time :grr:

muff
06-19-2003, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
im defifitly getting OEM next time :grr:

same here

400grl
06-24-2003, 02:15 PM
Yeah - I was just going to say you guys should just buy stock plastic.....it's way cheap and holds up the best....although I've heard good things about Fullbore....and they have more colors.....I guess I'm just cheap! :D ;)

deepcj7
06-25-2003, 05:47 PM
I'm not positive if this works, but I was told by a friend with a blue Banshee that his heat gun takes those white streaks out of his plastic. Hope that helps. ;)

rdmex
06-25-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by deepcj7
I'm not positive if this works, but I was told by a friend with a blue Banshee that his heat gun takes those white streaks out of his plastic. Hope that helps. ;)

it works, i did it on my old banshee

lil400exman
06-26-2003, 01:29 AM
but you all know how much fullbore costs a set? after u buy some u wont let ur quad be hit by a rock or see mud or trails again;) :confused2 :ermm: its well over 500 a SET:mad:

bone705
06-26-2003, 12:49 PM
hey blahh can u post some pics of ur 300??? i wanna see it with silver plastic