PDA

View Full Version : cr-85 shock on 250ex

kxrider
06-14-2003, 11:55 AM
anyone heard of puttin a cr85 shock on a 250ex, i heard someone say it worked but i never seen it done???

rider250ex
06-15-2003, 02:30 AM
i put a cr80 rear shock on my quad. unfortunatly it is broke so i havent got to really test it out, but it feels just as hard as stock, lowered my rear end by an inch, and has more travel than stock. i will tell you how it feels when i get my quad fixxed

Pvt. Maggot
06-15-2003, 06:33 AM
i put a kx80 shock on my front...i'm gonna put it on the rear and see what happens. maybe it will work better..maybe it won't...but then again i have a 300 so my back shock isn't all that bad. why hasn't anyone tried to put a stock 300 rear shock on the back of a 250ex? i bet it would work fine.

rider250ex
06-15-2003, 10:11 AM
why would you want to spend the money on a 300ex shock...it has just about the same amout of travel and it will keep the quad at the same height and they still arent that great. why not just put a cr80 shock on. they have remote rezzis, they are adjustable, and will lower the quad by an inch or two

06-15-2003, 03:16 PM
cr 80, shock is gonna be valved too soft for a quad, why would u wanna put a cr 80 shock on when u have a banshee shock

kxrider
06-16-2003, 07:58 AM
i was just wondering if it was better than the banshee shock it seems like it would be cuase ive seen 80s flyin high

rider250ex
06-16-2003, 09:19 AM
i am thinkin it is goin to work pretty good. i was jumpin on my grab bar the other day to see how hard it was and the grab bar actually broke it was so stiff. today i was adjusting it and i put it as hard as it will go then jumped off my trailer roof to the seat of my quad and the suspension only compressed about an inch and a half. then i put it all the was soft and it was almost bottomin out when i was bounsing on the seat so it is very adjustable and i think it will work pretty good. but like i said, i will let you know for sure when i get all my parts in

kxrider
06-16-2003, 05:22 PM
sweet i wanna know

Pahrump
08-02-2003, 03:01 PM
Bump I am very curious about this one?

Any new info rider250ex?????

nacs400ex
08-03-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by kxrider
i was just wondering if it was better than the banshee shock it seems like it would be cuase ive seen 80s flyin high

You also have to remember ATV's are HEAVIER than dirtbikes. :rolleyes:

kxrider
08-03-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
You also have to remember ATV's are HEAVIER than dirtbikes. :rolleyes:

true but if you got it re sprung i think it would be alot better than stock, just cuase its off a true mx bike:D

rider250ex
08-03-2003, 02:38 PM
well i didnt revalve mine and now i have a big dent in my exhaust...but i cant see how a banshee one owuld be any better. the only reason it would be is because it would bottom out before it hit the exhaust

kxrider
08-03-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by rider250ex
well i didnt revalve mine and now i have a big dent in my exhaust...but i cant see how a banshee one owuld be any better. the only reason it would be is because it would bottom out before it hit the exhaust

ya right i got a big dent in my exhaust to, and a bent axle, thats y i was lookin for somethin bettter:D

rider250ex
08-03-2003, 04:16 PM
i hate this quad...i just got mine fixxed beacsue i bent my stock axle and cracked my swing arm...so i got a durable axle and got my swing arm welded and reinforced and now my swingarm snapped in half and my whole rear end is off...i hate this quad

Pahrump
08-03-2003, 04:43 PM
ok so from all this I am assuming that the CR80 shock is not really that good and I can't really see how a front shock off of anything would be anygood. But I do believe that a 300Ex rear will fit on a 250EX and alot of folks are puting 2001 raptor shocks on their 300 sooooo I am thinking of a 2001 Raptor rear on my 250ex has anyone tried that?

nacs400ex
08-04-2003, 02:04 AM
Why do up a 250ex, I mean for trail riding I am sure it is pretty good. But I dont think your gunna break a swinger and axle trailriding. Your jumping a quad that isnt meant for it. Why dont you save your money and get a 300ex or better yet a 400ex. If you solde your 250ex's you could prolly get a 400ex with a few mods already.:confused:

Pahrump
08-04-2003, 03:44 AM
Because I do not want to sell it ans I do not ride it my wife does, and she does not need a bigger bike much less a manual clutch. So the bike is fine for her. But.......she would like a more plush ride and a litter better bike for small jumps 3-4 ft. But my rule is that since I have already put exhaust, k & n, and jet kit that there will not be much more money sunk into it. So therefor if I could figure out a way to get beter suspension without spending $1000 bucks on works shocks that would be great.

But hey "nacs" thanks for your input anyways.

But I do have a bigger bike a 2002 Raptor, and I just sold a wonderful 400ex but the thing that sucked about it was that my wife could be it going backwards all day long. LOL

Sorry if I upset you trying to make a little 'ole 250 better without spending wads of cash on it I do not have a money tree nor am I made of cash. Sorry to have wasted your time making you read another stupid "XXXX Bike to 250EX" Will it work?, post, Duh I knew the answer already GET A BIGGER BIKE.

Once again just send me your paypal addres and I will gladly refund your time.

Thank you Scott

kxrider
08-04-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Pahrump

Sorry if I upset you trying to make a little 'ole 250 better without spending wads of cash on it I do not have a money tree nor am I made of cash. Sorry to have wasted your time making you read another stupid "XXXX Bike to 250EX" Will it work?, post, Duh I knew the answer already GET A BIGGER BIKE.

Once again just send me your paypal addres and I will gladly refund your time.

Thank you Scott

ya im sorry to for wasteing everyones time becuase i want to make my quad just a lil better, ,ill never do it again:D ;)

nacs400ex
08-04-2003, 09:50 AM
First of all I never said you were wasting my time, and I am sorry if I came across that way. I never once put down your bikes.

I only said to the kids that jump there quads BIG, I think its time for a bigger bike. Obviously if your only jumping 5 foot gaps your not gunna break stuff. But for the people that are bottoming out their suspension all the time, the bike just wont take the abuse, and it WILL break.

I see kids at the MX track trying to jump their 250ex's just like 300's and 400s. Then they get mad because their suspension bottoms out. I am sorry but dont start bashin my balls if dont have the brains to see that a 250ex's intended use is for pleasure trail riding.

kxrider
08-04-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
First of all I never said you were wasting my time, and I am sorry if I came across that way. I never once put down your bikes.

I only said to the kids that jump there quads BIG, I think its time for a bigger bike. Obviously if your only jumping 5 foot gaps your not gunna break stuff. But for the people that are bottoming out their suspension all the time, the bike just wont take the abuse, and it WILL break.

I see kids at the MX track trying to jump their 250ex's just like 300's and 400s. Then they get mad because their suspension bottoms out. I am sorry but dont start bashin my balls if dont have the brains to see that a 250ex's intended use is for pleasure trail riding.

well i dont kow about the other guy, but i wasnt speakin directly to you i was talkin to everyone who thinks if you dont have a 400ex you can do nothin, and the reason i dont sell my 250ex and get a bigger quad is becuase i dont wanna do that becuase i cant race bikes and quads, if i do ever sell my 250ex, i will be gettin a kx125, or kx250:D , so just dotn take it personal we or i wasnt directing it right at you.......

Fast250EX
08-05-2003, 09:29 AM
I don't think the stock suspension is too bad. I have jumped 4 1/2 foot flat before without hardly feeling it. If I accidentally land with the nose too high, the front will then bottom out but with the proper technique its no problem. I could get plenty of air with a landing ramp. My MX track isn't SX style anyway.

Oh, and if you saw a 250EX jump with aftermarket shock, you would piss your pants. I have seen a 250EX with works all around clear a 60 foot gap (maybe 55, not sure) and landed without breathing heavy. The pushrod motor, while is by no means a fire breather, it can be made surprisingly fast just by bumping up to 249cc, what Honda should have done in the first place. The engine, like all Honda ATV's is in a mild state of tune anyway so with a few little mods in the right places, the little sucker will surprise you.

Anyway, just had to defend it there. Honda leaves their machines open to critizism and ridicule. Man, I just wish they would do something f***ing right!!!! :mad: