PDA

View Full Version : Mopeds..!

trueblue450
06-14-2003, 05:22 AM
Hey I'm gonna get my old moped working again, but I can't find any websites that have parts. I need a new fuel filter, battery, throtle cable, and turning signals.

But I don't know what freaking model it is. It's a honda and its 1984. I looked at the model tag on the frame and it doesn't even say what type. :huh

I was wondering if there are anyother moped riders out there that know of some sites with pictures of the models or where I can purchase some parts.

I'll put up a pic of the beast some time. I found some cool aftermarket stuff to supe em up... 82CC BIG BORE KITS....yeah!!!

Pvt. Maggot
06-14-2003, 06:29 AM
does it look like this? if so its a ct70 if not..i dunno what it is..:o

hessianmx111
06-14-2003, 06:32 AM
it could be a honda express does it look kinda like a bike with a motor hangin out in the open. if so its a express. and does it have a white shield over the exhaust thats another sign. if it looks kinda like a traditional type vespa its prolly a spree

trueblue450
06-14-2003, 06:40 AM
no.. it actully has a floor board.. (i guess thats what their called) not foot pegs. The engine is incased with plastic.. so is the front.. its purty cool for a 1984. :eek:

hessianmx111
06-14-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by 300EX_Man
no.. it actully has a floor board.. (i guess thats what their called) not foot pegs. The engine is incased with plastic.. so is the front.. its purty cool for a 1984. :eek:
its gotta be a spree. i had one for a while and i loved it

trueblue450
06-14-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by hessianmx111
its gotta be a spree. i had one for a while and i loved it

I gotta put up some pics..

I had a cb installed in the front glove box with a pa system hooked up to it... the cb had a red light up antenna.. hahah
fuzzy dice hooked up to the steering stem. had some flame stickers on it.. It was the coolest moped in town!

I had so much fun with that PA system..

Now its beat to hell and torn all apart. I'm gonna paint it tonight... :D HMM im thinkin white with flames..!

hessianmx111
06-14-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by 300EX_Man
I gotta put up some pics..

I had a cb installed in the front glove box with a pa system hooked up to it... the cb had a red light up antenna.. hahah
fuzzy dice hooked up to the steering stem. had some flame stickers on it.. It was the coolest moped in town!

I had so much fun with that PA system..

Now its beat to hell and torn all apart. I'm gonna paint it tonight... :D HMM im thinkin white with flames..!
paint it red and get some 400ex graphics:blah:

j37
06-14-2003, 10:07 AM
It might be a Gyro. My dad has one. It has a little basket on the front and a little rack on the back with the engine in the back. But it has three wheels with floorboards and stuff. Its pretty cool but he hasnt ridden it in a while. Well actually its my moms.

RoadkillerRyan
06-14-2003, 12:46 PM
does that even have foot pegs?

trueblue450
06-14-2003, 04:27 PM
Just got done paintin it white tonight... its looking good.. its got white and red plastic now with some gray ghost flames.. haha .. NOw I just gotta order some parts and get this thing running.. i can't wait.. 19 years old and riding a moped around town..:huh

4punksdad
06-15-2003, 09:15 AM
contact these guys...........they can ship ya parts. they hop up scooters. talk to dennis or tony. www.stonewallcycle.com

RED121572
06-15-2003, 09:56 AM
For the past two years, Ive been restoring my ole 86' yamaha QT moped.

Moped partz are VERY difficult to find. Its best to have a pow wow with your dealer sometime and find out exactly the bike you have.

EBay is very helpful. Also, the search engine I use for the internet is VERY good. www.searchalot.com

There are clubs out there that deal only with old mopeds and such. It just takes alot of diggin on the net to find em. Good luck!!:D

Mx300exRyder
06-15-2003, 09:59 AM
it may be a honda areo 50, I have 2 of them I use as a pit bike. I just need new tires and tubes.

06-15-2003, 10:13 AM
I have a 1985 honda spreethat the ingine is shot in. I wanna find a cheap 80 or 125cc dirtbike bike motor and swing arm and make a 6 speed moped. ohh the fun I could have with that. what's wrong with your motor 300ex man? mine has spark and gets fuel just fine, but the rings are shot. let me know what you need for parts and maybe we can work something out

hondafox440
06-15-2003, 10:33 AM
Moped are like fat chicks. Fun to ride, until your friends find out..