PDA

View Full Version : Death Valley (WYNOA)

Blizzard24
06-14-2003, 04:12 AM
Who's gonna be there tomorrow?

CBRSLIDER
06-14-2003, 04:06 PM
I'll be there. First race since Rausch Creek GNCC. Man am I ever ready to mix it up.

Ray

WNYOA #432
4ST B Class

MEL
06-15-2003, 02:03 PM
well? how was it? who won?

Blizzard24
06-16-2003, 11:08 AM
Well, lets just say M-U-D!:p

Steve-O
06-16-2003, 03:28 PM
results are up http://www.wnyoa.net/2003-Results/HareScrambles/DeathValley-06-15-03/Death%20Valley%202003%20Quad%20Results.htm

first and second overall are .01 apart :eek:

track was muddy had to be expected,, with all the rain we have been getting but still a very nice layout had a lil of everything. typical XC stuff somewhat short though

including a nasty bottleneck on the 3rd lap. They had to re route the course after a off camber got to slick and claimed two quads.
dunno how they ever got them out.

660bigdaddy
06-17-2003, 02:19 PM
that little re route cost me a win m on the third lap. the guy that was in third at the time in the vet class passed me and the guy in second while we were doing the 1/2 mile loop. was the bottle neck that bad? when i went through there was 3 quads stuck, but i got by on the high side.

Steve-O
06-17-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by 660bigdaddy
that little re route cost me a win m on the third lap. the guy that was in third at the time in the vet class passed me and the guy in second while we were doing the 1/2 mile loop. was the bottle neck that bad? when i went through there was 3 quads stuck, but i got by on the high side.

by the time I hit it there was about 10 quads backed up. I waited 4 or 5 mins for it to clear up. turned my quad off ,,cleaned my goggles. it was quite a long time.

for awhile i thought they were going to stop the race at that point.

CBRSLIDER
06-17-2003, 04:47 PM
After my 15 mins spent on getting my butt back to the truck and changing my OWN flat, I got back out on to the trail and almost immediately hit that bottleneck at the re route spot. When I got there, the other guys were just sittin on their quads looking at each other. I had to poke and prod my way thru them. They were content to just sit there until their number was called to move along. The re route was a bunch of crap. They didn't re route me like they did a couple guys in front of me. As I got to the guy directing traffic down the normal path(where he originally pointed for me to go) he yelled at me, just as I was passing him, and pointed down the hill into the creek. Well that caused me to go up the trail and turn around to go see if he wanted me to go down the hill now. Got back to him and he said no just go the way you were going. I was stuck now and completely out of breath. That's when you passed me, bigdaddy, along with another guy or two, but then the guy started directing other riders to go down the hill. What a cluster! And there wasn't really a need to re route anyone. The problem was taken care of. A tough tricky part in a race if just part of racing. There was no need to re route. So some of us did the 1/2 mile which was the one of the toughest parts of the course. While others got to cut off the worst parts and pick up new positions. That extra 3-4 minutes that it took me to do the extra 1/2 mile cost me a lap. I could have stayed on the lead lap, even with the time lost to changing my tire.

Bigdaddy, you got robbed. I had kind words with the female that was handing out the trophies, about the re route. She was very receptive and understanding. I explained to her the situation out there and how a lot of people were unhappy. She was really nice about it. It sucks that some people got robbed like they did. Especially in a series where a couple points could cost you a championship at the end. And some sponsorships the following season.

I see that the AA results got reversed. Wonder what happened there.

Overall the track layout was nice. I didn't care for all the open fields but the woods part was nice. I will go back if they have another one. The mud really sucked but the hill climbs were fun. The off camber stuff was also real tricky especially once it got wet and slippery.

Other than the flat I enjoyed myself. Now I just need to improve upon it this weekend at Berkshire. Anyone else going to Berkshire?

Ray

660bigdaddy
06-18-2003, 07:52 AM
i'll be there ray, last year i was leading there and hit a tree so hard i flew over the bars. :eek2: hopefully this year won't be a repeat...
btw, who do you pit with?

Steve-O
06-18-2003, 02:28 PM
our gang is headed up there .
How's the track layout? are the pits level I hope. Our van can stuck on fly paper.

Where was your pit crew at Ray? We need to get our crews together so that doesnt happen again. Our poor pit guy hasnt has a thing to do yet ,,lol knock on wood

MEL
06-18-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Steve-O

Where was your pit crew at Ray? Our poor pit guy hasnt has a thing to do yet ,,lol knock on wood
don't say that before bershire. if i remember right, last year there was alot of bent tie rods and flat tires! besides that the track is great. a bit of everything.

CBRSLIDER
06-18-2003, 03:45 PM
Berkshire is an awesome track. I was leading going into the last lap last year after a dead last start. I was getting a lil too wild with it and kissed a tree. I turned my left side tie rod into a horse shoe. I sat and watched everyone pass me. It motivated me to find anything on the trail I could possible use and bend that ******* back to useable shape. I ended up finishing fifth. That was my worst finish yet. But the track is a blast.

The first time it was scheduled last year I drove 4+ hours there to findout that it was cancelled due to a freak rain storm that morning that rose the crrek about 4-5 feet. If we run up the creek bed again you'll see that a foot of water is too much let alone 4-5 feet. The motocross track is a pain but oh well.

Steve and MEL we'll have to get together and set up a pit stategy. Last week was the first time I ever had to use a pit at a local race, beside just goggle swaps. It took me over 15 minutes with that dang tire change. I couldn't grip the lugs my arms had pumped up so bad.

See you guys at the race. I still have some work to do to the ride and hope it starts when I'm finished.

Ray

Blizzard24
06-18-2003, 06:45 PM
Sounds like a good idea if we park close to each other and have a few people help out in the pits... as steve said, our pit guy is getting pretty bored. We will be there pretty early, so look for us Ray.