PDA

View Full Version : WB's rev kit

01-08-2002, 11:34 AM
Well, i have decided to go with the 2002 400ex over a raptor. but i got another question. I am gonna leave my 400ex's engine pretty much stock except for maybe a slip on, and i was wondering if it would be a good idea to also get the WB's REV KIT. i heard good things, and i heard bad things about it. what do you guys think?

01-08-2002, 11:57 AM
You'll notice a small difference,,worth $110,,NO. Someone on here just took there 400 and put it on a dyno with and without a WB CDI,,and the WB made no difference in power,,so I'd leave it stock,,plus they make the 400 impossible to start,,you'll look like a retard pushing your new 400ex..tryin to get it started.

YOu want more power,,get a stock bore high comp piston for it,,that's what will wake up the motor more than anything..

PS. I had a WB CDI and just sold it,,can't see push startin my bike when it comes with a fancy start button right next to my left thumb..:D

rhandw69
01-08-2002, 12:42 PM
Yeah id have to agree that in the cold it makes it seem impossible to start. I was rather embarrassed recently when a raptor had to pull me to start my motor.
Truthfully the only place i have seen a difference with my Rev kit (WB)is when hill climbing in the dunes.
I notice that if you look on some sites like say Powroll, it says that after any bore of the cylinder and all that a Rev kit is a must. Well first off, i think Powroll knows theyre stuff pretty well, but im beginning to think that it just a marketing thing. I took mine off, havent used it for about 5 months. Like Rico, im going to sell it along with my WB E series slip on.

JustRace
01-08-2002, 12:56 PM
Mine gets real hard to start when its below 45. So I too will probably switch back to the stock one once I get my EX back.

01-08-2002, 01:07 PM
MIne wouldn't start in 85 degree weather,,,and after riding my newly built 416,,,,it doesn't need another CDI,,,it's got all the power you could ever want with a stock CDI,,the CDI isn't gonna make that much of a difference anyway. I'll always have a stock CDI in mine.

Juggalo
01-08-2002, 04:08 PM
i have one on my bike and its all stock. no real power difference but i am gaining a little top end. yes it is hard to start but i can start it even below freezing (as long as i ran it the day before and i kept it in my garage)