PDA

View Full Version : Works triple rate vs. dual rate

brink400
01-08-2002, 10:49 AM
I am looking into some new front shocks for my 400ex. All i do is rec riding and I plan on building some fairly large jumps. I was wondering if triple rates make a big enough difference over dual rates for them to be worth it for me. I dont have a whole lot of money to spend...

01-08-2002, 11:35 AM
The dual rates will work great over stockers but the triplerates will hold out longer if you plan on jumping big. Go out to motojoe.com and read the commonly asked shock questions in the suspension part,,,it should answer all or any questions you have.

01-08-2002, 11:43 AM
Spend the extra for the Triple Rates, you wont be sorry,I got my Triple Rate without Resivoirs for $295 from http://www.hy-tech-atv.com/ This is cheaper than most places sell dual rates for

AMJ

Glamis400ex
01-08-2002, 05:35 PM
I also have the triples w/ rezzies. I didn't want to spend the extra dough for the cans becuase I was fairly new to the sport and didn't see myself riding very hard or jumping at all. Well, I ride very aggressively now and am starting to jump a little, it'll happen to you also I'm sure :)

I got mine shipped to my door for $445

Glamis

01-08-2002, 09:11 PM
Tripple rates will soak up more little bumps and such and dual rate are much better than stock ( i think anything is ) but you'l will feel much more of the terain ..in my opinion i'd go with Tripples and maybe even think about rezzies .... i say this because you say you rec ride and your thinking about building some big jumps i think you'll be happier with them just remember don't skimp out on shocks your the one taking the abuse.... just my .o2...toby