PDA

View Full Version : Got my new steering stem installed...

thejeepdude
06-13-2003, 01:21 PM
Well, the Arens stem showed up today! Woohoo! The stocker had been bent and straightened at least 3 times, not counting the times I just whacked it with a hammer after a little spill here and there to get it rideable again. It only took about 30 minutes to install from start to finish (man an air ratchet helps on those inner ball joint nuts!). My first impressions after 20 minutes of riding around the backyard? WOW! :D I really didn't think the stem could make that much of a difference, but the increased height is exactly what I needed. The transmission of all the little bumps to my arms has decreased a lot, too. Now if I can only keep the damn thing rubber-side-down! :grr:

I also ordered a Denton steering stabilizer from C&D, but it's not here yet. I can't wait to get that installed and then go woods riding! I've had some nagging elbow pain for a while now, and I'm hoping this will really help.

GNCC#829
06-14-2003, 04:19 AM
pics??:confused: :confused: :confused:

bmw500hp
06-15-2003, 11:34 AM
Jeepers,,,damnit quit doing product reviews...you are now gonna cost me 150.00 bucks...lol....naw...love to hear some excitement about somethin...ok I gotta ask..hit us up for a post ride on the stem and Denton Combo!!!!