PDA

View Full Version : New Project

mxdave28
06-13-2003, 10:07 AM
Well, im done for now anyway, till the other parts get here....heres the story....

this quad isnt mine, its my buddies but, he is letting me "keep" it for a while cause he has 2 other ones and now he just bought an R and wants to eventually race that, so being the nice guy and former teammate he is letting me race his. started off by giving it a major bath (Walton) style :D and then checking things out. he had just put brand new plastic on it, which of course i cut the fenders for him and put a R hood on it. i put my wheels and tires from my R (that i sold) on it. currently it has stock arms but, the Jb Racing +3's are on the way, im looking for an axle now and ill be getting the shocks redone for my fat arse:ermm: it has a Tc 416 motor and whatnot. not the prettiest thing out there but HEY, it free and i'm back RACING BABY!!!!:muscle: here is a pic or 2 for now...ill get more when im done with it.....hehehehe he has already called me twice wanting to know if i crashed it yet...i just told him when im done he wont recognize it:devious:

mxdave28
06-13-2003, 10:09 AM

CHAUNCY
06-13-2003, 10:11 AM
Thats pretty cool that he is letting you race it:cool:

mxdave28
06-13-2003, 10:11 AM
Dang....my digi cam really sucks!:(

honda400exrider
06-13-2003, 10:43 AM
you should just hope he doesnt take it back from you whne you finish:rolleyes: . But if you know he wouldnt do that, its a pretty much free ride so it works:blah:

crap-banshee32
06-13-2003, 10:54 AM
dave i best be c-in u at holeshot real soon then!!!

mxdave28
06-13-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by honda400exrider
you should just hope he doesnt take it back from you whne you finish:rolleyes: . But if you know he wouldnt do that, its a pretty much free ride so it works:blah:

heheheh the way i figure it..if he wants it back when im done, im either taking all my stuff back off it or he gunna pay me some money for it....

crap-banshee32.....no way man!!! that track sucks Donkey Kong:mad: i rode that track during practice 2 times and it sucked, craters everywhere and mainly right in front of the jumps, all the faces of the jumps are uneven and bowled. i'll just keep spectating(sp) you should come out to CountyLine and check us out sometime....bring Nic B also, i think he will like it for sure.

tants
06-13-2003, 03:29 PM
R hood looks good

mxdave28
06-27-2003, 03:42 PM
Ok here are couple new pics (and better looking i might add)...got my lug nuts (FINALLY!!!:grr: ) and put my new UpDog Industries Number plates and numbers on gave her a bath and fixed a few minor things i found wrong/loose. HAHAHA oh yea, bought a new battery for it, there's nothing like sitting on the quad, shut it off, and then here the distinctive sound of something FRYING!!:eek: :eek2: there was smoke rolling out from under the seat i thought for sure i was gunna loose it. long story short....the batt wires both pos. and ground shorted on the alum air box and fried that baby!:devil:
Ok, pics below is the ol girl and of course my danger ranger...yes i know its 2wd and yes im aware its a ford:blah: ;)

mxdave28
06-27-2003, 03:43 PM
nother

R'Fanatic
06-27-2003, 03:47 PM
Nice ride, even though it isn't yours fully.

crap-banshee32
06-27-2003, 03:54 PM
looks good dave!!!!!!<< i added extra exclamation points just for u, b/c i know it bothers u so much