PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone make shorter rods

pnut420
06-13-2003, 09:50 AM
I already ordered a 13:1 JE piston and I just decided to stroke the motor. The problem is that I either have to get a piston that has had the wrist pin removed or get a shorter rod.

Which one will give me more power all around and which would be better to go with.

I talked with carillo rods and they dont really do any shortening od the rods, does anyonw know where to go?

44oEX
06-13-2003, 10:39 AM
even if you get a piston with the pin moved or a sorter rod it does not stroke your motor it would just work like sh**

If you want a stroker motor go to four stroke tech and spend some $$$

You have to get a stroker crank to stroke the motor

wilkin250r
06-13-2003, 10:56 AM
Are you talking about doing the stroke work on the crank yourself? Anybody that will do the stroker crank will do the rod also, part of a package deal...

pnut420
06-13-2003, 11:04 AM
I was going to have crankworks do the work, but with the JE piston you have to either shorten the rods or have the wrist pin moved. All this is going to cost way to much money though, so I think my next morot will be a 465 with all the goodies.

Just doing a 426 for now with 12:1 compression, FCR, X-6, oversize valve, webcam, hardened rockers, sprinds and retainers, etc..., Im wussing out now. Its $250 to stroke it, $200 for the piston, $250 for the rod, $60 to have the cases slit, etc.... It is to much money to dump into all at once. $3,000 on my quad isnt one of my priorities, but $2,000 is.:p