PDA

View Full Version : long travel shocks question!?

Narly R
06-13-2003, 08:57 AM
If i get Elka Quadlrate (sp) whith stock arms will it still work? I will get long travel ones in the future!! But I need shocks first so I was wounderin!

racerx573
06-13-2003, 09:29 AM
I highly doubt it will not work, it might partially work if you set the ride height as low as it will go. I say go ahead and get the shocks,and dont put them on til you get the arms.

NacsRacing400
06-13-2003, 09:46 AM
There is no way they would fit, there isnt enough adjustment to lower it that much. If i were you i would just get pep zps long travels or tcs if your on a budget because they are cheaper and They cost the same as there regular travel shocks that they sell. Long travel a-arms are coming down in price to with the new arens that are coming out soon and i have seen lonestar lt's for 739.00 on ebay buy it now. So 895.00 + 739.00 , it finally almost the same as a regular travel set-up. I have the elka quad rates and they are a nice shock, just take some time to get setup right because of all the adjustments. Im going to try a set of axis or pep's for next season though. Any lt shocks will be awesome over stock.

Narly R
06-15-2003, 06:07 PM
Well if I get shocks those babies are goin on!!!!!! But if so u guys dont think it will work? I want elka quad-rates but I dunno what kind of arms but I have no money right now so I prolly wont have to worry about it unfortuanly!!:ermm: