PDA

View Full Version : I got a bent Durablue

01-08-2002, 07:58 AM
Ok guys I guess since there's always debates on what axles to buy and what the warranties are,, and yada yada yada. I'm gonna be finding out since I got a bent durablue eliminator axle. I'll be callin durablue today and I'll keep posting updates as I go along,,on how smooth the warranty goes or if I have to threaten someones life like I read about to get it replaced.

MOOCAZEN
01-08-2002, 08:06 AM
GET THE DURABLUE SELL IT AND BUY A LONESTAR OR A DOMINATOR, THAT WAY YOU WONT WORRY ANYMORE, HEY RRICO GUESS WHAT, I BOUGHT THECARBON FIBER WHEELS, ILL BE GETTING THEM ON THURSDAY, MAN IM STOKED, IM STILL TRYING TO POST A PIC SO YOU GUYS CAN SEE WHAT A REAL BIKE LOOKS LIKE :D HAHAHA J/K

Scott
01-08-2002, 08:10 AM
I know of one durablue that's been bent. They replaced it but said if it was bent a second time we would have to buy the next one.

01-08-2002, 10:40 AM
Well the first conversation with a lady at durablue went great,,their lookin up the warranty info on their pc,,if they can't find it all I need is a reciept from my original purchase,,no biggy.

Sending off axle later this week,,whenever I take it off,,and with no questions asked. Pretty simple and pain free task getting it replaced,,but I do plan on goin with a different brand,,cuz If I bent this one in less than a year of owning it,,it probably won't be the last one I bend.

BUt go out to this link and read up it's a good article about the axle setup of 400ex's Worth reading no matter what axle you put on. http://www.durablue.com/axledisclaim.html

kabd69667
01-08-2002, 12:30 PM
How'd you bend it?

Scott
01-08-2002, 12:43 PM
Mine was I was hillclimbing a warrior, caught a tree root, hit the tree, endo'd down the hill, got run over by the warrior. Somewhere in there the axle bent.

I don't ride warriors anymore. If I'm going to pancake myself, I'm gonna do it with a lighter quad...

oynot400
01-08-2002, 12:48 PM
I read that link, so is that Dura Blue's reason for only replacing one axle? If that were the case then lsr and rpm would do the same don't you thnk? I think I will get something other than a dura blue. :rolleyes:

01-08-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by kabd69667
How'd you bend it?

I came up a little short on a 70 foot triple,,pretty much landed rear wheels first and the shock compressed all the way,,and my body wieght slammed onto the seat,,,,,,damage was a bent foot peg, bent subframe and bent axle.

MY body sustained more damage I think,,haven't rode in like 3 months,,except for this weekend.

papaw
01-08-2002, 02:17 PM
hey rico durablue has a one time replacement deal for free but after that it will cost you $175.and if it is(don't quote me on this)less than 1/8" runout they straighten it if more they then replace it.does it weaken the axle though?lsr's lifetime replacement is they straighten bent axles and they guarantee it not to weaken the axle but they will never charge you for it any time.

01-08-2002, 02:44 PM
Yeah they replace or straighten depends on the damage and yeah I'm tryin to work a swap deal right now on the durablue for another type..I'll keep ya'll posted.

Guy400
01-08-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Yeah they replace or straighten depends on the damage and yeah I'm tryin to work a swap deal right now on the durablue for another type..I'll keep ya'll posted. :DYou're just waiting to here from me aren't you??:D

DEAL
01-08-2002, 03:34 PM
How high were you when you landed and was it on a flat landing?

400exRacerX
01-08-2002, 08:31 PM
Get a LSR they have a true lifetime warrenty,

Chef
01-08-2002, 08:56 PM
Hey 400exracerx, you got it back together! Looks good :D

And Freestylexrider, Rico already answered your question, he cased the landing on a 70 foot triple...ouch!

Hey Rico, when is your birthday? We should all get you that shirt that says "The only triples you do are the ones at Wendy's" :D

kid300ex
01-08-2002, 09:12 PM
I have that shirt!! haha

400exRacerX
01-08-2002, 09:18 PM
HOTT440EX,

I still have some work on my hands but for the most part it is back together. Heres a side view and you can tell some things are missing still, but for the most part its pretty much back together.

01-09-2002, 06:58 AM
The quads lookin sharp dude,,but I still see a spot you missed.:D

And guy I figured you was gonna tear into me over this,,;)

And hot440 my birthday is at the end of may,,so you better start saving for that shirt,,I seen that shirt in rocky moutain atv i think,,pretty cute..

coryatver
01-09-2002, 08:03 PM
Dave Thomas Died so that shirt is probley worth double the price! His comercial were good.

400exRacerX
01-09-2002, 08:20 PM
The Wendy's guy Dave Thomas died? Man I didn't know that, that guy had sweet commercials.

01-10-2002, 07:31 AM
Heres a pic of the bent axle........or maybe it's me that's bent,,I don't see no axle,,,,,maybe the MGD in the corner of the pic has something to do with it...:huh

86atc250r
01-10-2002, 08:41 AM
BUt go out to this link and read up it's a good article about the axle setup of 400ex's Worth reading no matter what axle you put on. http://www.durablue.com/axledisclaim.html

I love that "disclaimer"...

I find it odd that the 400EX has this "flaw" - especially since the stock axle doesn't have breakage problems (note their disclaimer is about breakage, not bending).

I also find it odd since the 400EX swingarm is the same length as an 88-89 250R arm. I guess the "best quad of all time" rear suspension is also "flawed"... Someone ought to let all the pro riders out there in on this secret.

Isn't it also odd that some of the other brands don't have breakage problems.

"Be aware that the axle is fine, the bike is not. "

Uhh... OK, Durablue - if you say it, it must be true!

Guy400
01-10-2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by 86atc250r

I love that "disclaimer"...

I find it odd that the 400EX has this "flaw" - especially since the stock axle doesn't have breakage problems (note their disclaimer is about breakage, not bending).

I also find it odd since the 400EX swingarm is the same length as an 88-89 250R arm. I guess the "best quad of all time" rear suspension is also "flawed"... Someone ought to let all the pro riders out there in on this secret.

Isn't it also odd that some of the other brands don't have breakage problems.

"Be aware that the axle is fine, the bike is not. "

Uhh... OK, Durablue - if you say it, it must be true! I read that too a couple of weeks ago and found it humorous. I don't see any other axle company making those same claims. Kinda makes you wonder??

01-10-2002, 08:47 AM
Yeah I think they might have poop fer brains. The replacement process has not been that bad of a deal. But I have to pay for shipping there and back(actually my company will be paying:D ) and I have to take the sprocket holder off too. Well I tried last night and I don't have know idea how that stupid thing comes off,,I beat it with mallets,,had in a vice and the thing doesn't budge so I gotta call them and see how to do it. I might just tell them it came on the axle when I bought it so I'm returning it with it on there,,before I loose a finger tryin to get it off. After the new one comes in I will be finding a different brand to go with.

And yeah Gabe you better get on the horn with the ATVA and notify them of this issue in the swingarm lenghts,,they might wanna change the rules around so this arm length doesn't cause problems in this years race season,,or cause harm to riders..:rolleyes:

86atc250r
01-10-2002, 08:58 AM
They want you to reuse your sprocket side hub???

Good luck - I had to remove one once (torn up by bad bearings)... We had to use a press to get it off, it took extreme pressure (something like 10 or 12 tons - or maybe more, it's been a long time ago), we bent the axle slightly doing it....

I say, if they don't want to give you a new sprocket hub, make them change it.

I thought they just straightened bent axles anyhow??

01-10-2002, 09:21 AM
Well if it's bent to a certain degree they straighten and if it's more they replace,,and yeah I don't think that things comin off with the minor tools I have in the garage,,so i guess I'll call them back and see If I misunderstood but the lady said axle only nothing else??
Well there gettin it as is,,,if they don't like it,,tuff.

Just got off the phone with them and the lady said if ya can't get the sprocket hub off thats ok to send it in anyway. Funny she says, "yeah them hubs are pressed on pretty good almost impossible to get them off." They know this yet recommend Joe Smo try and do this in his garage, and possible loose an eye or limb tryin,,I'm beginning to think somebody there needs ta have their butt kicked up between there shoulders or maybe pulled out of there butt..:D

Tommy 17
01-10-2002, 03:32 PM
rico i was riding with a girl today and she tried a 40ft double and cased it and bent her durablue eliminator axle... she went right over the bars but she got up walked away... it bent pretty good too... figured i would tell ya. TOMMY

01-11-2002, 08:57 AM
Did you try the 40 foot double or did your girlfriend out jump ya???? :D :D

Tommy 17
01-11-2002, 01:03 PM
haha nice try actaully i was jumpin it and she was like i wanna try it i am gonna go behind u and i am gonna match ur speed i said ok i went i hit it even faster then i do reg just so she would get over it.... its down hill and and long landing if u over shot it u can't land hard bc u go down the hill well she came up short and didn't make it... i over shot it i dunno why she didn't make it i think she got scared and let off the gas right b4 it but i dunno... she ain't my g.f either i am acutally seeing another girl named melissa this girls name is nikki... i only met this girl 2 dayz ago 2 haha.... TOMMY

01-11-2002, 01:08 PM
so your dating 2 girls huh,,,does your mother know this?????

Does your other girlfriend know about this new riding buddy you got???

Tommy 17
01-11-2002, 02:13 PM
haha i ain't dating 2 this girl just came to ride at my house that was it... and not any other riding but motocross haha... melissa dont' care really bc shes knows i am just riding with her...