PDA

View Full Version : 2 stoke running backwards.

SpeedBump
06-12-2003, 04:01 PM
Anyone ever have a problem with their 2 stroke running backwards? Mine will start and go thru all the gears......in reverse. I drove it about 1/4 mile in reverse.....shifting thru the gears as I went. Let me know. This was on a Tecate 250.
Can something be wrong in the tranny, or is it a timing issue?

flyin#5
06-12-2003, 05:06 PM
:huh lmao that is the funniest thing ive heard in a while! something in your tranny must be screwed up... otherwise you put your engine in backwards:huh

Derek
06-12-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
:huh lmao that is the funniest thing ive heard in a while! something in your tranny must be screwed up... otherwise you put your engine in backwards:huh

No dude he means he like starts out in 5th then clicks up into 4th.

I think:p

Fred55
06-12-2003, 05:35 PM
Its either your kickstarter is whack, or most likley your electrical timing is off. I have heard of Blasters do it, and it was the timing. Tecates commonly have ignition problems...that might be the cause.

flyin#5
06-12-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Derek
No dude he means he like starts out in 5th then clicks up into 4th.

I think:p

:o man good thing that would be wierd as heck!

big-guy
06-12-2003, 06:42 PM
I've seen a cr 250 run backwards, the guy was blasting up a hill, killed it at the top, and rolled backwards, and the engine started back up. :huh

AndreS
06-12-2003, 09:33 PM
2-stroke engines can run backwards. the timing & advance is just not as accurate. there is nothing telling the gasses moving in & out of the engine which direction the crankshaft is turning.

Ryan
06-13-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by SpeedBump
Anyone ever have a problem with their 2 stroke running backwards? Mine will start and go thru all the gears......in reverse. I drove it about 1/4 mile in reverse.....shifting thru the gears as I went. Let me know. This was on a Tecate 250.
Can something be wrong in the tranny, or is it a timing issue?

:huh , LMAO :p . Thats friggen weird.

Todd 54
06-13-2003, 06:46 AM
I had an '87 tecate and was riding of the road. As I approached my drive I shifted from 5th to 3rd or second & was on the brakes. I was probably going a little fast. When I let the clutch out to turn in I heard an awful noise and pulled the clutch in & came to a complete stop. When I took off - straight backwards I went. I thought maybe it was a timing issue, but it turned out to be a shattered flywheel. Also the keyway was broken & therefore everything was going backwards. The quad was never the same. I could never keep a keyway in it after that incident. Sorry if the details are a little scetchy - this has been about ten years ago. Just check your flywheel as well.

Rip_Tear
06-13-2003, 01:20 PM
I think its timing, or you put something in backwards... Likely timing though.

Chanman420q
06-14-2003, 08:47 AM
i have heard of this before. The best and easiest to way to get it to run forward is to Bump start it going forward. It will reset everything. Ive heard of this happening on Blasters and especially banshees. CR's too