PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Vibe steering stems

REC
06-12-2003, 09:25 AM
How much does a anti vibe stem help with engine vibration?
Since installing all the 416 goodies I have enough vibration and it the higher RPMS to make my left hand go to sleep. Never had this prob with the stock motor.

Which stem would you guys/gals recommend

Thanks

Silverfox@C&DRacing
06-12-2003, 09:51 AM
The Roll design stem is pretty :p The houser stem is good also.. I think it all depends on how much you want to spend.. I think quiet a few guys have the RPM and Burguard stems..

TORO1968
06-12-2003, 12:36 PM
I'd highly recommend installing a set of Fasst Co. anti-vibe bar inserts. I based one of my senior projects at Purdue on these and concluded that at 6400 rpm or so, the vibration felt at the ends of the handlebars was reduced by 79% just by installing the inserts. If any of you guys would like more details on this project, or would like to see my report that includes test data and detailed product info, just let me know. The data I collected showed that the inserts did their job, but I wanted to see how well they actually worked. Before installing them, my hands used to feel pretty numb after several hours of riding, but once I installed them, almost all of the numbness had gone away. The change in vibration felt is subtle, but after a while, it is clear that the inserts are doing their job.

I didn't get a chance to test an anti-vibe steering stem, but I'm sure it would help quite a bit. However, I imagine you'd have to put quite a bit of load on the handlebars for it to be effective.
If you were just cruising around without putting much of your weight on the handlebars, the relatively stiff rubber isolators would still transmit quite a bit of the engine's vibration.

Try the inserts...you won't be disappointed. :D

-Jordan

bmw500hp
06-12-2003, 04:20 PM
jordon, i would like to see the technical report. interested in it's format...send it to me dude..at mike@joesflies.com