PDA

View Full Version : st. joe (flat river)

Scott-300ex
06-12-2003, 07:01 AM
well, i plan on going to flat river this saturday w/ my dad, i can't wait. I haven't been down there this year yet, i just hope they didn't close anything off like they have done in the past.:(

anyone else plannin on goin down there? i will spend most my time in the trails since i got a new bottom frame plate. the trails are sweet

post pics if ya want to, i don't have any

TORO1968
06-12-2003, 12:42 PM
How good is St. Joe??? I want to go there, but I live about 6 hours away in Indiana, so I need to make sure I'm not wasting my time.

-Jordan

TIGER72
06-12-2003, 03:12 PM
HEY TORO1968-ST JOE IS ABOUT 45 MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE. THERE IS A GROUP OF US GOING THERE JUNE 22. IT COST $3.00 TO RIDE, AND YOU NEED A FLAG. THEY SELL THEM FOR $11.00 AT THE GATE. I LIKE RIDING THERE, THEY HAVE TRAILS FOR ALL DIFFERENT RIDING SKILLS, AND THEY HAVE LOTS OF WIDE OPEN SPACES, AND GOOD MUD AND WATER HOLES IF THATS YOUR DEAL. I HAVE BEEN THERE PROBABLY ABOUT 8 TIMES AND STILL HAVE NEVER HIT ALL THE TRAILS. THEY HAVE A NICE CAMP GROUND WITH TRAILS LEADING TO THE MAIN RIDING AREA. THERE ARE ALL TYPES OF QUADS RUNNING THERE, AND SOMETIMES TRUCKS AND DUNE BUGGIES. IF YOU GO AFTER ALOT OF RAIN, EXPECT LOTS OF WATER, AND BE CAREFUL, SOME OF THE WATER HOLES WILL SWALLOW YOUR QUAD. AND, THEY DO NOT ALLOW DRAG RACING RIGHT OUTSIDE THE PARKING LOT AREA ANY MORE, YOU HAVE TO GO TOWARDS THE BACK NOW IF YOU WANT TO LINE THEM UP WITH SOMEONE. IF ANY ONE WANTS TO RIDE ON JUNE 22, YOUR WELCOME TO HANG OUT WITH US AND RIDE. :D

Scott-300ex
06-15-2003, 04:29 PM
yeah man, st. joe is awsome

i didn't make it this saturday because of all the rain but if it calms down i am planning to go this saturday or sunday. tell me if you are goin down there

everytime i go down there i find sweet new trails. it seems like they are endless. they have some cool bowls and woops and stuff, and areas to go fast, muddholes as mentioned above, some tracks with awsome sand berms and some jumps if ya look for 'em.

they also have a 2 beachs for your family and other facilities. it is lots of fun

ChuckMoe
06-16-2003, 04:45 AM
can someone post directions? I'm thinking about coming from Springfield, MO.

Scott-300ex
06-16-2003, 06:07 PM
take 55 south to st. louis, and go into mossuri, its about 50 miles south of st. louis in mossuri,

just go to farmington in st. louis and it is right around there,

there are big sand hills around you can see from the highway but unfortunatly you cant ride on them cause they are closed off

also go to mossuri's web site and type in st.joe state park and click on directions for further help

have fun

ChuckMoe
06-17-2003, 06:37 AM
thanks.

cam400ex
06-17-2003, 02:28 PM
hey chuckmoe where do you normally ride at?? i mostly ride at chadwick:cool:

Carl Nevins
06-17-2003, 03:01 PM
chuck take 44 east to highway 8 and go east to park hills and follow the signs

toby400ex
06-17-2003, 04:11 PM
Is this race by park hills missour, because i think this is where the missouri harescramble will be saturday the 28th. Ill be there

TIGER72
06-17-2003, 04:23 PM
hey cam400ex-where is chadwick? i live in perryville mo, and me and my usual riding gang want to check it out. whats it like? please give some directions if possible, thanks...

Scott-300ex
06-18-2003, 05:19 AM
yeah, i know that they are having hare scrambles there sometime soon, and it is probably the 28

i have never been to chadwick, where is it and what is all there

also, i hope to go riding at trail of tears in harrisburg i think it is, anybody ever go down there?

Zingnut
06-18-2003, 05:52 AM
Trail of tears is a nonmotorized vehicle trail system. You are prolly either talking about Williams Hill in Harrisburg or the Little Egypt OHV riding area in Crab Orchard, IL.

IL OHV Riding Areas (http://dnr.state.il.us/legislation/consrv/OHVridingareas.htm)

I have rode Little Egypt and have been to a XC Race at Williams Hill. Little Egypt is fun has a mile plus long asphalt road through it with a cool bridge . I like to ride out at "LEOR" good combination of mud rock wood trails small mx track and a few real fast trails. I Just recommend having skids to tackle some sections.

Williams hill is about the same type of riding from what I gathered. Seems cool also, but have yet to ride out in that area. I always like to go to Turkey Bay in KY. I think that is prolly my favorite public area to ride.

Scott-300ex
06-18-2003, 05:57 AM
i have heard of people riding at trail of tears

at there website, www.trailoftears.com they say they even have sponsored hairscramble events and 4x4 mud bog areas or something. it is down by you in carbondale, pretty close to that i heard there are lots of trails down there you can ride on

Zingnut
06-18-2003, 06:06 AM
Sorry did not know you were talking about the Trail of Tears Lodge area. Yeah I have heard you can ride down there but I have never been there nor has any of my friends. There is also a historic trail that goes from the Ohio river to the Mississippi river that is called the Trail of tears. I thought you meant the real trail. The Trail of Tears Lodge area is privately owned land down in Jonesboro, IL about 30 mins south of Carbondale. I think we drove jeeps down there but that was a few years ago.

BUCK442
06-18-2003, 06:29 AM
Trail of Tears Lodge south of Jonesboro about 5 miles turn right follow signs. O.k place to ride if you like xc style places some tuff hill climbs, I know I cut them. Has a pretty cool natural mx track. Watch out for the owners wive she can be a handfull!!!

Scott-300ex
06-18-2003, 06:33 AM
thats ok man (zingnut) i just can't wait to go down there now that i got my new skidplate, and flat river too

TIGER72
06-18-2003, 11:41 AM
I have rode at trail of tears lodge also. they have lots of trails, a circle track, and mx track, and lots of HILLS. i would not take a new rider there, some of the trails are bad arse. some of them are steep as hell. we found alot of the trails blocked by fallen trees, but they may have those cleaned up by now. that was back in december or january. their property connects to what i have heard refered to as "the grapevine" trails. we rode on some of these, and saw lots of other people riding there. it is a nice place to ride, but i don't know if it's a legal place to ride once you get off the trail of tears lodge property. overall good riding though.

cam400ex
06-18-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by TIGER72
hey cam400ex-where is chadwick? i live in perryville mo, and me and my usual riding gang want to check it out. whats it like? please give some directions if possible, thanks...

chick this site out it might help ya http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/marktwain/recreation/camping/camp_cobb_ridge.htm

lots of hills and rock to put it short it you have to buy a permit you can buy them in the town of chadwick at a store called kay's i'm not sure how to get there from where your atif you look on the map it is southeast of springfield and east of ozark

Scott-300ex
06-22-2003, 01:25 PM
well, i just got back from flat river, it was fun

very glad i had my new skidplate, it scraped its way across some big rocks

we found some awsome new trails too with some really steep hills:D

r_racer_167mo
06-22-2003, 05:51 PM
i miss st joe. i used to ride there when i lived in st louis, and i havent been down there for a little over three years. i live north of finger lakes now. there is a great mx track here in moberly called hlr motorsports park. if anyone is interseted the web site is www.moberlymo.com/hlr