PDA

View Full Version : water problem (300ex)

Graveyard
06-12-2003, 06:29 AM
Hey Everybody, new to the site. I noticed another person was having a water problem in a previous post, but I didn't see a solution. Mine only acts up after hosing the machine off after washing. We end up pushing it to the garage for approx 15-20 min. Ive put di-electric grease in most of the connectors minus what couldn't be reached without removing the front fenders.
Just wondered if anybody had the same problem and where they corrected it.

Thanks,
Graveyard

BTW,
2003 300ex....stock

EXracer8604
06-12-2003, 06:54 AM
I had a 92 250x, it also had a problem with water, i hten noticed water was somehow getting into my carb through the intake somehow. but i doubt if this happened on a 03 300ex.

dustnyu17
06-12-2003, 01:49 PM
hey ive had some many problems with my 300 wiring i just find the problem with multi meter then rewire it

Graveyard
06-15-2003, 06:43 AM
Hey Guys,
I've done the windex bottle search with no luck...surely somebody has had a specific area that's been the problem.
This thing is less than 4 months old, I really don't believe that it's faulty wiring...just my opinion

Thanks again

honda250xrider
06-15-2003, 06:50 AM
do you have your airbox lid removed, maybe the water is going into your airbox... which would cause it to die out or not even start if the water is in there.... after you wash your quad take the back plastic off and look inside of the airbox and see if there is any water in there

Graveyard
06-15-2003, 03:51 PM
Already checked that, airbox is dry as a bone. This is a very disgusting problem. It does seem to act like water in the carb but it seems to clear up in 15-20 min whether you try to start it or not. Sometimes it has taken a little longer if it's a cloudy or cool day. That's what tends to make me think electrical.
Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

hondarider2006
06-17-2003, 08:45 AM
bad gas maybe???? run some heat through your bike and see what happens:ermm:

Graveyard
06-17-2003, 10:54 AM
Actually, a tank of gas only last about 3 days max....my Son rides the wheels off the thing. This really only happens right after we wash it. It's only stuttered once in the creek and it was not even close to like it does when washed. I think I'm down to wrapping different components with baggies just to try to chase down this problem. I'll find it sooner or later, I was just hoping someone had the same thing happen and would save me a little headache time.
Thanks for your interest though,
Graves :)

Scott-300ex
06-17-2003, 02:06 PM
i don't know if you are but if don't pressure wash it because water can be forced into places it doesn't belong such as ungreasable suspension parts and, wiring

also, try washing it while it is running, as long as you don't have a hot engine and cold water it should be fine, it will smoke from the vapor but just wash it fast

also, for the wiring, wd-40 works good, it soaks and evaporates all the water, just squirt it on the electrical components where you think the problem might be coming from

Graveyard
06-17-2003, 10:50 PM
No pressure washer, just standard hose off the outdoor hookup.
Yeah, my local Honda dealer suggested wd-40 or even hairspray. I think wd-40 would be my choice though.
Thanks